Green Man 2024

bexj

bdrmm have posted on their social media that they're playing at 2.30 (Clashfinder says 2.45), and Opus Kink have posted saying they're on at 12 (Clashfinder says 12.30).

Is it better to believe the set times the bands themselves are posting, or what's on Clashfinder (which I believe matches the official programme)?

1 hour ago, pehingduck said:

bdrmm have posted on their social media that they're playing at 2.30 (Clashfinder says 2.45), and Opus Kink have posted saying they're on at 12 (Clashfinder says 12.30).

Is it better to believe the set times the bands themselves are posting, or what's on Clashfinder (which I believe matches the official programme)?

They're taken from the programme.

3 hours ago, pehingduck said:

The clashfinder is taken from the programme, so would read as correct normally,  but the times printed for settlement bands for Wednesday in the programme were 2 hours earlier than actual,  so make of that what you will. I plan to be half an hour for Opus Kink, no way I want to miss any of their set  

49 minutes ago, dpfp said:

The clashfinder is taken from the programme, so would read as correct normally,  but the times printed for settlement bands for Wednesday in the programme were 2 hours earlier than actual,  so make of that what you will. I plan to be half an hour for Opus Kink, no way I want to miss any of their set  

They're almost directly up against Marta del Grandi which is a massive pain in the hoop.

Edited by Stillill42

26 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

They're almost directly up against Marta del Grandi which is a massive pain in the hoop.

Yep! There's quite a bit of that for me this time.  What initially looked like an alright line up has grown to be a clash extravagancy. I could happily see most bands each day and not be disappointed.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dpfp said:

Pretty shoddy planning really when there’s so many overlaps of bands too. Hope the main run of their timetable is more accurate as I’ll be leaving some early to catch others and if this is how it’ll play out will end up missing loads. 

surprised there’s no app again this year. Would’ve been nice to have times on hand. But then suppose signal is an issue there anyway. 

12 minutes ago, OddRon said:

20 mins away and it’s a bit drizzly! BBC reckons gusty winds and high chance of rain at 11 and 5

Met Office reckons the worst of the wind will pass before the music, but don't forget the site is in a valley - I know there was one year there were yellow warnings for wind and it didn't affect things much. They also say light but persistent showers, worst between 6 and 8, then drifting off to drizzle before midnight, followed by a dry and warm weekend. There'll be rain on Monday but most should have left by the time it arrives.

26 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Met Office reckons the worst of the wind will pass before the music, but don't forget the site is in a valley - I know there was one year there were yellow warnings for wind and it didn't affect things much. They also say light but persistent showers, worst between 6 and 8, then drifting off to drizzle before midnight, followed by a dry and warm weekend. There'll be rain on Monday but most should have left by the time it arrives.

Assuming it doesn’t change 😉

2 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Apols for the plug, but if anyone travelling would like to listen to a slightly meandering preview pod (with some recaps of other festivals thrown in), you can find one here

Already listened & it’s a great pod!

38 minutes ago, mario man said:

We’re about 30mins away from site waiting for mates to arrive. Cloudy but no rain here. Wondering what the queues are like to get in car park when we get there 

It is the usual pain in the derriere a la most moderately sized festivals but it is worth every milli-second. Breathtaking, awe-inspiring, stunning! Lives will change forever.

8 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

It is the usual pain in the derriere a la most moderately sized festivals but it is worth every milli-second. Breathtaking, awe-inspiring, stunning! Lives will change forever.

My word, Nuthugger. You've upped the already stratospheric anticipation levels. On the National express from Bristol and not a can to be seen. Which is disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, Stillill42 said:

My word, Nuthugger. You've upped the already stratospheric anticipation levels. On the National express from Bristol and not a can to be seen. Which is disappointing. 

I'm on the same coach, DW got a can at the back 👍