Green Man 2024

bexj

Anyone know where the cabaret acts are on? Please? Please?

Theres a cabaret section on the website, https://www.greenman.net/line-up/cabaret/but the stewards I've asked either don't know or say it's a 'secret' location. Which is delightful in a way but I can't find the bloody thing!

I've been wandering around for ages. Will owe a pint to anyone who can help.

3 minutes ago, west_limpet said:

Theres a cabaret section on the website, https://www.greenman.net/line-up/cabaret/but the stewards I've asked either don't know or say it's a 'secret' location. Which is delightful in a way but I can't find the bloody thing!

I'm not there this year, so this is an assumption rather than any knowledge, but I'd look in the Cocks Tail Bar. Entrance should be between Chai Wallahs and Far Out.

On 8/10/2024 at 9:24 AM, Mambonumberfive said:

Day one

Warm and drizzly, no queue on arrival at about 10am.  

Fab sets from Gillie, Liz Lawrence, Islet but Das Koolies was on another level.  Brilliant! 

Looking forward to seeing stuff on the new rising stage, fewer food stalls in the walled garden, Happy Maki now at the top of the steps from the Mountain Stage.  Rough Trade moved to a bigger area, decent matting down in the Far Out tent hopefully preventing the bog!  Generally feel like they've attended to the few problems of crowds and under-foot conditions.  

Woken up to beautiful sunshine, today is going to be a good day! 

3 hours ago, ascendingfourths said:

round the twist today 

11:10 malice k 

13:30 personal trainer 

14:50 man/woman/chainsaw 

16:10 opus kink 

17:30 lime garden 

Thanks! How did you find this out, is there a board?

Sam Morton also cancelled tomorrow due to a band member's illness (Samantha's still doing the Cinedrome Q&A)  No word of replacement yet.

Guessing Sniffany replaced HFTRR because it was short notice (no word why, they were in Nottingham last night and their Insta says "circumstances beyond our control") and most of them are in the Tubs but whoever isn't has left.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:51 PM, west_limpet said:

It’s behind Olipops Swap Shop - a pretend fancy dress shop to the right of the Far Out Tent and bar, next to Table Top Coffee

IMG_7857.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Really great year. Not sure why I left it 10 years since my last one. Perfect weather (albeit a bit cold but can't complain). Some great acts. Friendly crowd with no dicks. Decent late night options (definitely don't remember that many 10 years ago). Really good all around vibe.

Only gripe would be why did they give up cleaning the toilets from Saturday night. Bit of a health issue when every single one was backed up to the top all day Sunday. And could do with way more toilets around the main stage - only ones seemed to be all the way up by the courtyard or outside the arena in the campsites. Also lot of bad food options there too I found. Could up the game there.

Just off the plane in Dublin, an epic weekend. That, my friends, must be the most beautiful festival in the world. Lovely vibe, had so many conversations with punters, litter pickers, shower attendants, bar staff, musicians...SO friendly! And so much wonderful music. Blonde Redhead my favourite but loved pretty much everything I saw. Loved it, folks. Will NOT be my last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Not long back, showered and most stuff away

First thoughts: 

Great time. Probably not my top GM experience ever but I think I’ve been looking forward to it for so long, nothing would live up to expectations.

On Thursday, met with old friends I hadn’t seen for several years, so that was a good start.

Personal highlights:

This is the kit, Big Thief, Shelf Lives, Fat White Family, Liz Lawrence, Rachel Lavelle and Black Country New Road, Fabiana Palladino up on Round the Twist and John Francis Flynn with probably one of my favourite sets of all time. 

General festival bits. Wow it seemed busy this year. I’ve been going for ten years now and maybe I’ve been lucky, but this year was the first year I’ve had to queue for more than ten minutes to get through wristbands and 30 mins to get off site this morning. The general camping is getting uncomfortable and queues for food particularly Saturday and Sunday were a real pain. Saturday I just gave up in the end and got chips from the Chippy. 

On the positive: Love what they have done with Rising Stage and the Wishbone stage is ace. I thought the beer selection was even better than ever, and sounds like they listened to the minor gripes about security as they were really low key (again) this year. And the stewards as ever were fabulous, happy and helpful, as were all staff.

Oh yes final gripe to the b@#t@ds who stole my fold-up chair on Sunday, when I was getting a drink. I hope wherever you picnic this year it pisses on you. I did ask if they would put an announcement out for it but they wouldn’t. Chairs don’t seem to matter as much as lost children apparently. 

27 minutes ago, OddRon said:

In terms of quality, BCNR and Big Thief were my highlights but I had the most fun all weekend at Getdown Services and Mary Wallopers. 

Two of the most fun sets I've ever attended. Those Getdown Services boys should be doing stand up.

Incredible weekend, no issues getting in or leaving, new rising stage was just fabulous, new matting in far out was better, food was fab, I didn't go in Wishbone but friends said it was fab.  Great people, great campsite. 

Music-wise, I saw around 30 bands, stand outs were Das Koolies, Beak>, Loose Articles, Bdrmm, The Nightingales, Mermaid Chunky.  And best of all was OSees who blew my mind and broke my feet from dancing so hard, absolutely superb! 

Negatives, toilets never used to be this bad at Green Man, not emptied frequently enough, the steep steps are horrible and they are so dark inside. I don't mind composters but this supplier is not good. 

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I think I'm done with the fireworks and burning.  Far too many folk crammed into a small space, ruins Far Out on Sunday, and an environmental nightmare.  

We'll be back though, hopefully next year!