Green Man 2024

bexj

1 minute ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Any thoughts on crowd sizes this year for the main headliners? Early GMs that I attended and loved, there were some acts that drew barely enough people to fill a garden let alone a festival, but I’ve noticed that’s changed with the likes of Michael Kiwanuka, Devo and Kraftwork.
Really love Big Thief but I’d barely heard of Jon Hopkins and wouldn’t know a Sampha tune if it bit me on the arse! And with the demographic of the festival swinging more towards families, are they the target audience for the above?

I've only been going since 2021 (had tickets for the cancelled 2020 event) so fairly recent view, but given how many people are set up for the day in the mountain foot area, crowds always there. I do agree somewhat on the headliners this year though, I have very little recognition of any of the three so may well be there if nothing else is on - but it's not going to take much for me to be elsewhere, if that makes sense. 

38 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

I've only been going since 2021 (had tickets for the cancelled 2020 event) so fairly recent view, but given how many people are set up for the day in the mountain foot area, crowds always there. I do agree somewhat on the headliners this year though, I have very little recognition of any of the three so may well be there if nothing else is on - but it's not going to take much for me to be elsewhere, if that makes sense. 

Yes me too. Luckily I tend to hog the walled garden most years. It’s interesting though, this whole selling out without as much as single act advertised. A group of friends who normally go and love the festival have sold their tickets this year as they don’t feel there is enough for them and they have pretty eclectic tastes. Just not sure there is a big crossover of say Kraftwerk and Sampha but it will probably be people who were delighted by the former who bought tickets for this year.

Just done a bit of a cross check of Green Man acts who are at Glastonbury this weekend. The following are on televised stages, so it might be possible to see them on TV/iPlayer:

Sampha

Blondshell

Mannequin P

Arlo Parks

Lambrini Girls

Mount Kimbie

The Mary Wallopers

Bar Italia

Johnny Flynn

Sleaford Mods

Lime Garden

Moonchild Sanelly

This is the Kit

Fat Whites

Sofia Kourtesis

Joy Orb, Sherelle, Max Cooper and Hannah Holland are also all playing but on Arcadia or dance tents. Liz Lawrence is playing the Greenpeace stage. I might have missed others! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On a slightly different topic to the prevailing schedule chat, realised we have an infant ticket on our order but have since decided to not take the little one (definitely not secretly celebrating). 

Do we think this is worth putting on Fanticks (it was free) or does anyone need an infant ticket here? I believe they 'sold out' on ticket day. 

3 hours ago, sscrybaby said:

I'll have my 2 year old and 4 year old so quite restricted but my must sees are Hurray for the Riff Raff and Sheer Mag.

Would also like to see: 

Big Thief 

Michael Head & the Red Elastic Band

Personal Trainer 

Lonnie Holley

Devendra Banhart

Annahstasia

The Mary Wallopers 

John Francis Flynn 

Ibibio Sound Machine

Great list! I used to take my daughter when she was younger to GM and Glastonbury and my niece always took hers from when they were really young. I guess it just makes for a different experience. Mind you, you will see more bands at GM with kids in tow than Glastonbury!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

On a slightly different topic to the prevailing schedule chat, realised we have an infant ticket on our order but have since decided to not take the little one (definitely not secretly celebrating). 

Do we think this is worth putting on Fanticks (it was free) or does anyone need an infant ticket here? I believe they 'sold out' on ticket day. 

Hi, yes we’re in need of an infant ticket!

Hi all, I'm keeping an eye out for last minute second hand tickets. Out of interest, how much were they at face value please? It's a shame fan tickets doesn't allow you to pay for 2 tickets, rather than a whole batch of 6. Hoping they'll become more available, closer to the time. Cheers!

3 hours ago, inspectedinspector said:

Hi all, I'm keeping an eye out for last minute second hand tickets. Out of interest, how much were they at face value please? It's a shame fan tickets doesn't allow you to pay for 2 tickets, rather than a whole batch of 6. Hoping they'll become more available, closer to the time. Cheers!

We’ve bought from fanticks and twickets in the past. As I recommended on here last year, the way to do it is to sit there for an hour refreshing the page. Keep hitting that refresh button and you’ll get your tickets. Checking occasionally or relying on notifications doesn’t work so well as they’re snapped up too quickly. 

5 hours ago, inspectedinspector said:

I got a single on Fanticks a couple of weeks ago, 280 which I assume was the final tier price plus the Fanticks tax. Agree that it's just a question of checking the site regularly. I have seen a few other singles there recently at 260. I wouldn't be overly concerned, late July or start of August I'm sure there'll be plenty and I'd imagine those multi ticket packs will have to be split if they've no takers down the road. Best of luck!

It's funny, when I start getting stuck into a lineup, I tend to leave the ones I know a bit altogether and concentrate on finding new stuff. I haven't listened properly to Blonde Redhead in years. They're flipping brilliant. Straight in at number one on this week's chart. I can't be doing a new top ten every week but, yeah, I have a new top ten every week.

2 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

Gillie in the Walled Garden will be a pretty cool way to start my first Green Man. I've a lovely run there on the Thursday actually, Liz Lawrence, Cowbois, the Tubs, Kokoko, Metz, Sleaford Mods. Pretty spectacular settling in day. When does the site map usually appear, folks?

Yes the Thursday lineup is good this year, better than last IMO and loving most of the above (although not a fan of Sleaford Mods). As per the map it will probably be the same as last year - I can’t see them making any drastic changes. 

3 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

Gillie in the Walled Garden will be a pretty cool way to start my first Green Man. I've a lovely run there on the Thursday actually, Liz Lawrence, Cowbois, the Tubs, Kokoko, Metz, Sleaford Mods. Pretty spectacular settling in day. When does the site map usually appear, folks?

Hasn't changed at all since I've started going in 2021 so probably good to just google last year's or year before to get a feel.

One change I remember (in 2022) was the 'secret' Wishbone bar which although fun was just a room out the back of another - did it survive for 2023? 

• Thanks 1