2024 headline speculation

airwaves

13 hours ago, Riverneck said:

Floating Points have replaced Fever Ray

YLT on Woods now too. Bit of a downgrade stage wise (in terms of vibe and my personal preference) but I guess they'd probably pull a bigger crowd than FP given the type of attendee at EOTR.

Edited by scatteredscreens

50 minutes ago, robith said:

Well, that was outrageously f**king good wasn't it now

Insanely good! The quality of bands was incredible. I only knew about 4 bands going into it, and now I know at least 6 or 7 more. Lankum, Alabaster Deplume, Slowdive, Altin Gunn and Floating Points blew me away!

It was awesome wasn't it! The bands I already loved were brilliant and it's a while since I've come back with so many new discoveries. Personal favourites were English Teacher, Slowdive and the incredible Jeffrey Martin, but I could probably list another 15 fantastic acts.

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

And what a success that was. Great way to end the festival 

Was superb. I do think there's a big appetite for an upbeat electronic act to headline Friday/Saturday Woods, maybe this will convince them to give it a whirl one year.

Slightly less upbeat but Oneohtrix Point Never would be a dream garden stage headliner for me. Saw him earlier this year with the live puppet show and was one the best things I've ever seen, would go down an absolute storm 

Everything I saw was outstanding. Loved the new folly. Exhausted cos I watched so much stuff. But personally, it had felt a bit shabby last couple of years - unreal energy to the place this year. Felt like a rebirth

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, domjon said:

Was superb. I do think there's a big appetite for an upbeat electronic act to headline Friday/Saturday Woods, maybe this will convince them to give it a whirl one year.

Slightly less upbeat but Oneohtrix Point Never would be a dream garden stage headliner for me. Saw him earlier this year with the live puppet show and was one the best things I've ever seen, would go down an absolute storm 

Oneothrix Point Never would be wonderful 

This year's line up was easily the best line up the festival has ever had (and that's despite Idles being headliners!).

Favourite sets: Cornelius, Bonnie Prince Billy, Nourished By Time, Ugly

Also amazing: Mermaid Chunky, Chanel Beads, MC Yallah, Molly Lewis, Ex-Easter Island Head

More stuff that was very very good: Lankum, Ichiko Aoba, Yo La Tengo, Blue Lake, OTG, Sam Amidon, Richard Dawson, Water From Your Eyes, The Lemon Twigs

On 6/30/2024 at 2:18 PM, xxialac said:

FWIW I watched Lankum at Primavera Sound and especially the opening was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life! 

I think "Go dig my grave" is the best 10 minutes I've ever seen at end of the Road, up with Jane Weaver's "I need a connection".