Toilet situation is a disgrace

zahidf

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, zahidf said:

HMmm Green Man have the compost toilets, so im worried this year will have the same awful toilets as last year now...

They almost certainly will. And I'm with you, they may not be a problem and they may work, but they are just foul. 

10 hours ago, accordionandvoice said:

I've been away for a few years - what was wrong with AndyLoos, exactly? they were quite literally the best toilets i've seen at any festival ever. why did EOTR end that ???

Someone will correct me on this but from memory post-COVID the story was that they were unavailable for a lot of festivals as the company had been contracted as a key provider. I guess for loos at COVID centres? Since then I suppose some festivals moved on to other options. 

I have two thoughts on this-

The first is that if you get a forum topic with this subject, you are inevitably going to attract strong opinions. The same toilets at Green Man generated a lot less conversation. 

The second thought is that my partner says these new ones are designed terribly for women and by Sunday she feared having to use them.

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

Green man have loads of male/female urinals so it's not a fair comparison.

I think maybe those who are unable to comfortably use the stairs for mobility reasons should be provided with keys for the disabled toilets?

One of our pals who has mobility issues and doesn’t (I quote) “want to make a fuss)” really struggled last year. He’s gotten in touch early this year to discuss accessibility which is good but it totally caught him by surprise last year!

8 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

The second thought is that my partner says these new ones are designed terribly for women and by Sunday she feared having to use them.

Friday morning at EOTR due to no urinals on site so thousands of blokes pissing in the dark on seats women then have to sit down on.

13 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Ah you play this too! We call it 'What time are they playing?'

Superb. Our variant ... 'I saw them at the Sheffield Leadmill in 1984 supporting...'

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Superb. Our variant ... 'I saw them at the Sheffield Leadmill in 1984 supporting...'

We say "fiver in advance, 3 quid NUS" which really dates us

Edited by robith

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Boohoo

We will be using compost toilets in most of our toilet blocks again in 2024. Compost toilets are a chemical-free, water-free, renewable alternative to normal flushing or chemical event toilets.

Crikey I hope they get urinals back, though. Makes so much sense all round

50 minutes ago, zahidf said:

We will be using compost toilets in most of our toilet blocks again in 2024. Compost toilets are a chemical-free, water-free, renewable alternative to normal flushing or chemical event toilets.

Should read

"We will be using compost toilets in most of our toilet blocks again in 2024..... apart from all the backstage toilets for staff and performers."

Compost toilets are fine as long as theres pissers for blokes aswell. I just want to go for a quick piss. I dont need a bowl and a lid and a queue.

• Like 1

The urinals on the way to garden from woods near the lineup boards are always quick to use and arent really far from anywhere. There is rarely a big que for a lockable toilet there either.

they had urinals within the folly outside bit as well. 

compost toilets will, fairly obviously, be much cheaper than any chemical toilet that requires emptying and servicing.

i’ve never seen as much moaning about toilets than the attendees of EOTR. They are no better or worse than any other non corporate festival. Thats just a fact.

People expect a lot, its just a festival toilet, lower your expectations.

Edited by Memory Man