All Points East 2024

stanh

Any recommendations for Postal Service day from the undercard? Planning to see Gossip & Say She She so far as know they can deffo bring it raw & live so praying they do not clash 🙂 Are Phoenix worth a watch? Or Decemberists? What is the general view on here? Grateful for opinions or views becoz watching online clips can be deceptive as heck 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Raspberry said:

Any recommendations for Postal Service day from the undercard? Planning to see Gossip & Say She She so far as know they can deffo bring it raw & live so praying they do not clash 🙂 Are Phoenix worth a watch? Or Decemberists? What is the general view on here? Grateful for opinions or views becoz watching online clips can be deceptive as heck 🙂 

Phoenix are excellent live, well worth a watch. 

1 hour ago, Raspberry said:

Lemon Twigs if you like Beatles-y 60s rock with harmonies and good song writing. Seen them 3 or 4 times and I love them.

Spiritual Cramp are weird indie hardcore and I thought they were great supporting Militarie Gun last year

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Yo La Tengo are the best band playing on the day, let alone the undercard. Five or six incredible albums

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Raspberry said:

I'll second the other recommendations and add Everything Everything, Gustaf, Decemberists, Sleater-Kinney

26 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Give over. They absolute wipe the floor with the likes of Say She She. 

Not for me, i find them very cheesy

i suppose you could say the same about the latter but i love classic disco etc

plus phoenix are likely to be on the biggest stage with no atmosphere vs a tent

i was dragged to see them at primavera and was nonplussed

Edited by Memory Man

On 8/13/2024 at 10:07 AM, some dude said:

Bought some on StubHub for a Crystal Palace gig (someone had cheekily sold blue light tickets and neglected to mention). I only knew they were blue light because the Ticketmaster ticket had blue light written on it. Anyway, no one batted an eyelid when they were scanned. It's a bunch of youngsters who don't care scanning the tickets (assuming anything even shows up when they scan). You should be absolutely fine. 

Thanks for the reassurance! I had that also for a crystal palace gig (except central tickets on this occasion) and then went so far as getting in touch with the MD of Twickets to complain because it's definitely touting when someone puts a £5 ticket up for £30. Hate when people do that. Thankfully Mr Twickets refunded me and I just put it back on sale for £5 for someone to take advantage of and got my own from Central Tickets 😄 

On 8/13/2024 at 8:15 PM, Raspberry said:

Wednesday are great, really lovely slacker indie 

Sleater Kinney aren't quite what they were since they got rid of their original drummer but they're still absolute legends and will play their hits

21 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Kaytranada day is packed. Never seen APE that busy before 

That explains why no freebies going around and why they were selling so quick on Twickets.

Not at the fesival but nearby at the moment and dare I say it sounds very loud and clear for APE. By the sound of the crowd they are loving it. Just wish, I could have picked up a reasonable priced ticket. Although, I am enjoying listening and not paying festival booze prices.

12 hours ago, hurdy said:

Anyone had their links to purchase tickets from Tickets for Good or Concerts for Carers yet?

Which date? I bought some lcd soundsystem ones next Friday and it said you'd get contacted on the weds before gig (from axs I guess) 

as it looks like the only cheapy option will be the Uber group offer, what are the chances that I buy a 3-person group ticket and then sell the other two? just need the one ticket but idk if buying 3 will allow me the chance to sell them individually. does anyone happen to know if this is possible?

On 8/13/2024 at 8:15 PM, Raspberry said:

Teenage Fanclub are amazing. The Lemon Twigs just put out two great albums in the last two years. Phoenix are good if you like catchy songs. Lots of good stuff. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2024 at 1:33 PM, Memory Man said:

Not for me, i find them very cheesy

i suppose you could say the same about the latter but i love classic disco etc

plus phoenix are likely to be on the biggest stage with no atmosphere vs a tent

i was dragged to see them at primavera and was nonplussed

Say She She are the cheesiest band I’ve seen for years. And not very good.