All Points East 2024

stanh

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

I wouldn't bother - theres so many bars that its never much of an issue at APE.

There was a 3 for £120 link - i believe still working, pm me if you want it

10 min max even when busy

Who was on before / what was else where?

TV Girl were headlining the 2nd stage. Looks like they had a huge crowd, a lot of whom left after they finished.

We were watching Arlo Parks who was on in the tent as well.

No point getting to an act 20 mins early at APE when there are other acts still on elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

TV Girl were headlining the 2nd stage. Looks like they had a huge crowd, a lot of whom left after they finished.

We were watching Arlo Parks who was on in the tent as well.

No point getting to an act 20 mins early at APE when there are other acts still on elsewhere.

Some crazy spotify stats for someone i'd never really heard

was expecting they'd have a similar sound but yeah seems early they are different enough many would leave

After attending Mitski, I am really puzzled that this was not on seat fillers. I can't think of a day I attended with such a small crowd. It did get me thinking about the tiering of tickets, do APR put them up a tier when they have sold a certain amount or after a certain period of time. i.e nearer the date the more they go up in price.

At times, I wondered where eveyone was. I am getting on a bit and so often need to take a break and sit down and when ever I wanted to sit, there were free benches/seats. Although it was a much younger crowd then other shows I have attended and so probably most less bothered abotu standing all day.

I watched some of Arlo Parks but only about 4 songs as plan to see her at Victorious and so wondered down to the West stage and thought this is where everyone is. TV Girl easily had the biggest crowd I saw up to this point. They were the only act I watched on that stage and so don't know if people pitched up all day there but I thought the site was quiet. I left TV Girl half way through their last song and got a bench near the Paris stage, miles away from the East Stage but by now I needed to sit. Plenty of people passed me heading to the East stage to watch Mitski but not the usual charge from West to East.

From song two from Mitski, a steady stream of people started heading back the other way and after 20 minutes it was a bit of a flood. I was so far from the East Stage, I have no idea how busy it was at the front but for a good way in front of the Paris stage is was well empty.

I enjoyed Mitski and much prefer a smaller crowd, it made it a very pleasent day. I am just used to it been a lot busier. I did find it odd that it sort of looked like a lot of people did not seem to bothered with watching Mitski.

2 hours ago, Dales said:

After attending Mitski, I am really puzzled that this was not on seat fillers. I can't think of a day I attended with such a small crowd. It did get me thinking about the tiering of tickets, do APR put them up a tier when they have sold a certain amount or after a certain period of time. i.e nearer the date the more they go up in price.

At times, I wondered where eveyone was. I am getting on a bit and so often need to take a break and sit down and when ever I wanted to sit, there were free benches/seats. Although it was a much younger crowd then other shows I have attended and so probably most less bothered abotu standing all day.

I watched some of Arlo Parks but only about 4 songs as plan to see her at Victorious and so wondered down to the West stage and thought this is where everyone is. TV Girl easily had the biggest crowd I saw up to this point. They were the only act I watched on that stage and so don't know if people pitched up all day there but I thought the site was quiet. I left TV Girl half way through their last song and got a bench near the Paris stage, miles away from the East Stage but by now I needed to sit. Plenty of people passed me heading to the East stage to watch Mitski but not the usual charge from West to East.

From song two from Mitski, a steady stream of people started heading back the other way and after 20 minutes it was a bit of a flood. I was so far from the East Stage, I have no idea how busy it was at the front but for a good way in front of the Paris stage is was well empty.

I enjoyed Mitski and much prefer a smaller crowd, it made it a very pleasent day. I am just used to it been a lot busier. I did find it odd that it sort of looked like a lot of people did not seem to bothered with watching Mitski.

the only audience for a major festival headliner I’ve seen that contained fewer people this year was SZA at Glasto Pyramid. Mitski totally empty down the sides and behind the front pit barrier mostly. I left five mins before end and getting out of the crowd took seconds. 

32 minutes ago, modefan said:

Has anyone getting £11 tickets for this weekend through TFG/CFC received their voucher codes yet?

18 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Pretty sure if you read the email it says it'd be coming Thursday

think it was wednesday no? said 2 days before so assume all will come 2 days before LCD

16 hours ago, Dales said:

Interestingly, I had the opposite experience. For most of the day, I found it busier than it often is at All Points East. Usually for the first few hours, it can be like a ghost town. Even for the opening act on West Stage, it was relatively busy (I think a lot of people camped out there all day for TV Girl and then left when they finished.)

Some of the sets in the CUPRA arena (Sir Chloe and Suki Waterhouse) were busier than I had ever experienced in there. 

Agree that Mitski had a small crowd though (although no smaller than The National or Nick Cave last time). Pit was full but very little beyond that. 

27 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Interestingly, I had the opposite experience. For most of the day, I found it busier than it often is at All Points East. Usually for the first few hours, it can be like a ghost town. Even for the opening act on West Stage, it was relatively busy (I think a lot of people camped out there all day for TV Girl and then left when they finished.)

Some of the sets in the CUPRA arena (Sir Chloe and Suki Waterhouse) were busier than I had ever experienced in there. 

Agree that Mitski had a small crowd though (although no smaller than The National or Nick Cave last time). Pit was full but very little beyond that. 

Pretty much this.

Took my 15 year old daughter and it was quite the perfect experience for her 1st festival. Bar and toilet queues non existent, no bad behaviour and you could sit down and chill on a lovely dry day.

Her age group all love Sir Chloe and tv girl, it was the 2 she was most excited to see. I thought Mitski was a wonderful performer, reminded me of 90s bjork. 

Special mention to Ethel Cain who was my highlight of the day. 

36 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I had a feeling that most of the crowd must have been down towards the West Stage as I only went there for TV Girl. I always find it interesting that people can go to the same event and come away with such different opions on crowd size etc...

I went to the first Nick Cave sold out event and so that's my bench mark to what a busy APE looks like.

On 8/13/2024 at 10:10 PM, sacred shape said:

Lemon Twigs if you like Beatles-y 60s rock with harmonies and good song writing. Seen them 3 or 4 times and I love them.

Spiritual Cramp are weird indie hardcore and I thought they were great supporting Militarie Gun last year

Ta for that -  Lemon Twigs sound right up our strasse 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 1:33 AM, homesick said:

Yo La Tengo are the best band playing on the day, let alone the undercard. Five or six incredible albums

Thanks for this - we had a listen and they were pretty solid so have added onto the Watch if possible list 🙂

On 8/15/2024 at 10:33 AM, robith said:

Wednesday are great, really lovely slacker indie 

Sleater Kinney aren't quite what they were since they got rid of their original drummer but they're still absolute legends and will play their hits

Ta for the insider info on Sleater Kinney. We will try to see end of their set then for the Hits hahaha Ta also for tip re:  Wednesday. They sound ace! 🙂