All Points East 2024

stanh

6 minutes ago, davidthefly said:

Anyone help out with a couple of cheap or freebies for today..... just desperate to see phoenix and decemberists.....please x

I think tickets are still on sale list I checked?

4 hours ago, falter said:

How was the ground last night? Seemed to get a lot of heavy rain yesterday.

I'm going today and can't wait to see postal service!

Ground was fine yesterday. Bit water after the heavy showers then nothing. All went! No real mud or anything. Weather Magic! Hahaha. Sound was good again yesterday so hoping that lasts for today too 🙂 Ach! Resigned to seeing just bits today due to all the clashes. Weather's back to sunshine so have a great day everybody!

I'm here now and ground is looking great. No queues at the entrance. Steward suggested only 20k expected today (half capacity) but can't vouch for the accuracy of this!

20240825_140309.jpg

20240825_135339.jpg

Edited by falter
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, noticeably quieter today. The security bag check today was the most full on though of all of them. More so than yesterday. Today they opened all zips and pockets and asking what every thing were. Random! No queues for anything today for us except toilets. Definitely feels like a lot less onsite. Sound has been great! Lemon Twigs were just gorgeous. Say She She are giving all the harmonies. Today we are mostly blue tenting 🙂 Excited for Gossip later! 

6 hours ago, OllieR said:

Sold! Also Got a spare for today, just want the £13 I paid for it, first come first serve. Dm me 

Hey Ollie, are you able to share the link for where you got your 13 quid tickets please? 

Thanks 😊 

16 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Yeah, noticeably quieter today. The security bag check today was the most full on though of all of them. More so than yesterday. Today they opened all zips and pockets and asking what every thing were. Random! No queues for anything today for us except toilets. Definitely feels like a lot less onsite. Sound has been great! Lemon Twigs were just gorgeous. Say She She are giving all the harmonies. Today we are mostly blue tenting 🙂 Excited for Gossip later! 

Ha my bag Search on Friday the guy pulled out a box of tampons and looked at it for a while before asking what it was 🤣

Went Friday and Saturday this weekend and had a great time at both of them.

Friday - was a bit of a late decision to do this day (thanks to the cheap tickets!) so didn't get on site until just before 4pm. Caught the last bit of Joe Goddard who was fantastic (Gabriel was a highlight!). Was expecting the sound to be an issue but it was loud in the tent and all the other stages. No issues with queuing for toilets or beers at any point and found it quick and easy to get around between the stages. There were hardly any down points with the timetable so was nice to pretty much go from one band to the other.

Didn't manage to catch much of Nation of Language the weekend before when we were at Pukkelpop in Belgium so enjoyed their full set this time round. Caught a bit of Sofia Kourtesis before Jockstrap and then Floating Points, who went in hard, and was a highlight of the day! My son is a big Jai Paul fan so went to watch him and was a decent show. Not sure what the monoliths were about but he had a big and enthusiastic crowd so that helped to make the atmosphere vibrant throughout. Was a bit surprised to see LCD Soundsystem had a two hour set but they put in a great shift and kept us entertained throughout. Decided to walk back to Stratford for the train and although it was long we made it with a few mins to spare.

Saturday - got there not long after the gates opened as 2manydjs were one of our 'must sees'. Spoke to a security guard on the way in about the underground situation with Mile End, as had heard it can be a bit of a nightmare afterwards. He said there were 29,000 at the LCD day and they didn't have to shut the station, which is unusual for APE. Told us that Field Day was around 19,000, which definitely tallied with how it felt when we moved around the site - was much easier than the day before. Thought the 2 dogs on the gate was a bit overkill but got front row for 2manydjs and loved the irony of 'dancing in the rain' as their first tune! It really started to throw it down about 20 mins in but we battled through and they more than delivered. 'Work it' and 'Cliche' were big standouts but the Charli XCX mash up at the end probably got the best reaction.

Saw a bit of I. Jordan, who played to a very small crowd on the main stage (was noticeable for most of the acts who played there today compared to yesterday), but one of the sets of the day was definitely Tiga and Hudson Mohawke. Saw the latter play a b2b with Nikki Nair the weekend before and it was quite hard work at times (the rain then definitely didn't help). This was a much more dancefloor orientated 4/4 set and they kept the crowd moving throughout - the Soulwax remix of MGMT 'Kids' to finish went down a treat!

Dipped into Romy and then Anna before Charlotte De Witte closed the West Stage. It was just about dark by this point and that really helped to make the most of the lights, screens and lasers she had on stage. The tunes were pumping throughout and it was a very impressive set. Got a decent spot on the main stage for Justice (fairly central about 30m back) and they absolutely smashed it from start to finish! Was the 3rd time I'd seen them but the most recent was 2018. There were similarities with that show but they took it to the next level with the lights and sections that moved around - was like some mad space ship that had come down to take us over!

Got straight off at the end of the last song and walked down to Mile End. Had no issues getting the tube so we had a bit of time to spare at Stratford. Would definitely consider coming back again if there's a line up I like and cheap tickets are available.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, robith said:

Anyone else notice the craft beer bar kept shorting pints? Had to ask them to be filled properly every time

Yes! Had this at multiple bars including the VIP one