All Points East 2024

stanh

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

After some travel advice from anyone who's been before:

We need to get back to Stratford afterwards for our last train which leaves at 11:37. Was planning to walk to Mile End to catch a tube at 11:23 but saw a post on Instagram last night about how long the walk is (about 20mins on maps which is fine). Quite a lot of people replied to say that it takes ages and one mentioned that they hold people back at various points along the way. Another said that the queues at Mile End are massive and it takes ages to get on.

Did look at walking about 10 mins to catch a bus (number 339) but worried now it might be a similar story? Don't want to leave too much before the headliners finish but it's more important we get on the train!! Thx

How pissed are you gonna be? it's only like 10 minutes from Victoria Park to stratford on a lime bike, I do it all the time as i play cricket in the park.

worried about the mile end queues, you could walk to hackney wick or homerton - the trains are less frequent but you'll be at stratford in one stop

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd walk to Homerton

20 min walk max (less busy way too than towards Mile End) and then its 2 stops on the Overground which is every 7-8 mins. You will get on the first train

Its quite a way all the way to Stratford!

Great knowledge, thanks. There's only one exit point is that right? Would you loop round the fencing and cut through the park?

2 hours ago, mercury said:

I also get the last train to Norwich and will be doing so tomorrow. I always just leave 10mins before the end and tube it to Liverpool Street. Done it numerous times from Victoria Park at APE events and the old Field Day and never had an issue. Yeah, they hold people back in stages when it gets really busy but if you sneak out before the masses during the encore then it's not an issue.

I'd say that is a crazy plan. For one leaving ten minutes early is unnecessary. But mainly, it makes no sense to travel to Liverpool St which is double the tube journey, has a much longer transfer between underground and train, and the train leaves 8 minutes earlier. 

25 minutes ago, modefan said:

I'd say that is a crazy plan. For one leaving ten minutes early is unnecessary. But mainly, it makes no sense to travel to Liverpool St which is double the tube journey, has a much longer transfer between underground and train, and the train leaves 8 minutes earlier. 

This! Why would you travel in the wrong direction of home to catch a train that leaves earlier?!

Thanks for all the replies everyone - it's really appreciated. Did start to give upvotes but quickly ran out!

We're going on Fri and Sat so think I might walk to Stratford tomorrow and then decide on the back of that what to do on Saturday? Had a look at Homerton and maps says it's 1.2 miles and a 26 min walk, based on a start point from Old Ford Road (as close as I can drop the pin to where it looks like the entrance/exit is). Not doubting the knowledge of anyone who's actually done it but if it is only an extra 10/15 mins walk to Stratford (1.9 miles) then I'll probably do that. Hackney Wick looks like it's pretty close to Stratford but I guess any way of reducing the amount of walking at that time of night is a bonus!

I bike to work everyday so would be well up for that option but my son and his gf (he's coming both days and her just on Sat) probably wouldn't want to do it. 

Timetable says LCD will finish at 10:55 and Justice at 11. Appreciate it can come down to the bands themselves but do they normally play to the curfew? Don't really want to leave before the end of Justice if possible but that will potentially be the more difficult of the two nights time wise.

Still on the look out for 1 Field Day ticket if anyone has a spare from CFC or TFG? They are starting to come down in price now on Twickets so should be able to get one well below face value.

Edited by Semprini

8 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Thanks for all the replies everyone - it's really appreciated. Did start to give upvotes but quickly ran out!

We're going on Fri and Sat so think I might walk to Stratford tomorrow and then decide on the back of that what to do on Saturday? Had a look at Homerton and maps says it's 1.2 miles and a 26 min walk, based on a start point from Old Ford Road (as close as I can drop the pin to where it looks like the entrance/exit is). Not doubting the knowledge of anyone who's actually done it but if it is only an extra 10/15 mins walk to Stratford (1.9 miles) then I'll probably do that. Hackney Wick looks like it's pretty close to Stratford but I guess any way of reducing the amount of walking at that time of night is a bonus!

I bike to work everyday so would be well up for that option but my son and his gf (he's coming both days and her just on Sat) probably wouldn't want to do it. 

Timetable says LCD will finish at 10:55 and Justice at 11. Appreciate it can come down to the bands themselves but do they normally play to the curfew? Don't really want to leave before the end of Justice if possible but that will potentially be the more difficult of the two nights time wise.

Still on the look out for 1 Field Day ticket if anyone has a spare from CFC or TFG? They are starting to come down in price now on Twickets so should be able to get one well below face value.

I live south of the river and walk it to Stratford rather than muck about with Mile End, never been held up that way but been held at crossings and getting into the station at Mile End previously, doable in half an hour if you get a bit of pace on.

48 minutes ago, Semprini said:

It 100% will not go after curfew - london is very very strict with it

Yeah agree with the wise words from the forum folk on here - best walk to Stratford if you can - its not much further than Homerton and lots folk walk that way so its relatively safety in numbers - plus you wont have to sacrifice seeing the end of the bands 🙂 Deffo avoid Mile End tube. Unless you leave well early before bands end you will get stuck along the way at road crossings plus outside station to prevent over crowding for crowd safety. It took pal over half hour to get into the tube last Sat so reckon best avoid if you have train curfew. Have a great day!

Got myself a cheap ticket for FD! Huge thanks to the good folk on here who took the time to reach out ❤️

Quick question on the walking route to Stratford - maps is showing a couple of options but is it best to follow the canal or just the crowd?

20 hours ago, Semprini said:

Got myself a cheap ticket for FD! Huge thanks to the good folk on here who took the time to reach out ❤️

Quick question on the walking route to Stratford - maps is showing a couple of options but is it best to follow the canal or just the crowd?

Down Old Ford Road, across the A12 bridge and through Fish Island to Olympic Park is the way I would go, although that's maybe just habitual as I used to live on Old Ford Road.

Edited by StoneCircle
Removed link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Littlechef87 said:

Down Old Ford Road, across the A12 bridge and through Fish Island to Olympic Park is the way I would go, although that's maybe just habitual as I used to live on Old Ford Road. 

How did you find this link? Via the main website they are still on sale for £80+

Edited by StoneCircle
Removed link

3 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

How did you find this link? Via the main website they are still on sale for £80+

Word of mouth through the magic of the internet - happens every year although this one is exceptionally late. 

Do wonder why they don't just bring the overall ticket prices down to be more reasonable, then maybe more people would buy them in advance and there wouldn't be these desperate last min discounts. 

4 hours ago, Littlechef87 said:

My broke ass is in between jobs and now I'm hoping this will happen for DCFC and Postal Service. Anyone know the chances of that happening ????

Edited by StoneCircle
Removed link