All Points East 2024

stanh

Just now, Dim Sum said:

Arcade Fire? Seem to be headlining a lot of line ups lately I know the Win Butler thing is a problem but feel this might be overlooked.

It's certainly a lot easier to overlook on a day festival where one band shifts the majority of tickets than it would be on a weekend festival where it's more about the lineup as a whole.

39 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think Arcade fire would be problematic for a UK festival 

I keep seeing people saying this but with no justification as to why. Whilst Butler's actions are disagreeable & questionable what makes the UK festival market any different to where AF have been booked in the last year or so; including Spain, Greece, South America or the U.S?

I have no doubt the band's stock has fallen but they will still shift tickets.

Edited by beau1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, beau1 said:

I keep seeing people saying this but with no justification as to why. Whilst Butler's actions are disagreeable & questionable what makes the UK festival market any different to where AF have been booked in the last year or so; including Spain, Greece, South America or the U.S?

I have no doubt the band's stock has fallen but they will still shift tickets.

Af has one festival booked in the u.s next year and they arent even headlining. 

Massive attack and LCD in the frame

Day splits

22/08 : Maneskin, The Hives

23/08 : Fred Again, Jungle, Olivia Dean, Soulwax

24/08 : Massive Attack, The Offspring, Blonde Redhead, Inhaler, The Kills

25/08 (!) : LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, The Smile, Roisin Murphy, Zaho de Sagazan

So, LCD for 24th August and Massive Attack 25th August for APE? Soulwax under LCD?

20231129_110651.jpg

Edited by zahidf

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Arcade Fire would definitely still sell tickets well.

Maybe but they are a problematic booking, especially if the undercard has any interesting band. I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket if they are headliner, and would feel frustated that I can't see the undercard. I think a lot of people would contact the undercards and let me know they are not happy with them sharing a bill with Arcade Fire. I don't think a day event is easier than a weekend festival.

I don't think Arcade Fire are a good fit for APE anyway. Recent bookings suggest they are going for younger headliners in more diverse genre. On the other hand, Arcade Fire have become, both because of the Win Butler situation and lack of recent success, a sort of legacy rock band. I don't think they would book them, for the same reason they won't book Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, etc.

• Upvote 2