Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.png.594a769856548da42789d4497f81b05b.png

I'm a massive Bruce fan, and seen him over a dozen times over the last 30 years. But f**k these prices. I may take a punt with the secondary market.

For context - 30 years ago...

image.png.743fe96029d54a0fb6fd02933b0a3bdb.png

Which adjusted for inflation would be £44

Im giving TDay the skip aswell but mainly because Ive just seen him now so many/too many times. And the last tour was a bit meh. 

If he opens up the setlists a bit Ill have a look next year.

And yeah, the prices are bananas. But I guess you can listen to his entire back catalogue for free these days from which he receives mere pennies in royalties. 

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

Pet Shop Boys won’t be back so soon after headlining the Other, unless they’re tempted by the opportunity to sub Madonna

Even then, I'm not sure how well they'd work without any production or even the ability to use lighting to any real effect.

I know they subbed in 2000, but that was when the stage had a later curfew and shorter changeovers, so it was starting to get dark as they came on stage. The same slot these days is ~2 hours earlier, and so pretty much a daytime slot.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Even then, I'm not sure how well they'd work without any production or even the ability to use lighting to any real effect.

I know they subbed in 2000, but that was when the stage had a later curfew and shorter changeovers, so it was starting to get dark as they came on stage. The same slot these days is ~2 hours earlier, and so pretty much a daytime slot.

Pet Shop Boys won’t be back until 2030. Got to keep their pattern going-played in 2000 and 2010, booked for 2020.

30 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't use them at all lol.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I really miss the later curfew - the Faithless set in 2002 is a good example of how well it used to work so you could have a big light show and production just after dusk, and still have space for a headliner (I think Coldplay came on at 11pm?)

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Pet Shop Boys won’t be back until 2030. Got to keep their pattern going-played in 2000 and 2010, booked for 2020.

Kinda feel they're not coming back at all if they have to wait that long. Don't think they'll be active by 2030. Neil will be well into his 70s at that point.

11 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Minor point but must be a good chance of Nothing But Thieves showing up at Glastonbury, which would be nice

Could depend on whether Green Day are doing 2 nights at Wembley. Although given their 2010, 2013, 2017 and 2022 tours were content with just one big London show, perhaps not.

34 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Get The Darkness on somewhere. Probably not a big enough draw for your Other opener on the Friday, but they'd be great fun in a low Pyramid slot.

The Darkness would be a great Other opener. Maybe not quite as big as what we’re used to, but sure as hell a lot more fun than any of the others have delivered.