Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

There’s really not. 

They wouldn’t pull a bigger crowd to The Park than Fat Boy Slim. 

You couldn't fit many more people there than FBS got by most accounts?

LCD would be mad to accept a huge downgrade from their last slot on glasto money by playing the Park.

Their most recent festival here was APE headliner in 2018, followed by a 6 night run at Brixton last year.

Maybe woodises - i'll give you that, but Park is ridiculous.

is there a 'Self-Confirmed 2024' thread?

I just got a confirmed from Stanton Warriors.. Which TBH is no surprise.It was about future festivals.

Can I recommend the new owner makes a pinned thread for this sort of thing to go in so it's easy to find for updating the rumours?

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 14.47.33.png

Edited by danbailey80

LCD are still a massive band who would headline a day at APE so if they play it’s Other headliner or bust imo, and I’m gonna go with the latter. Don’t see the festival really rushing to book them again, especially with them just running through the hits again at their current shows. Maybe when/if they release new material I could see it, but as it stands it seems unlikely to me. 

43 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Why? 

They got a very small crowd last time they headlined The Other and that was on their big return. 

It wasn't a very small crowd. We were near the back and it was pretty busy. Doubt they'd be booked for that slot again regardless, although the Major Lazer, Alt-J, BBK year has somewhat dimmed my expectations of what constitutes an Other Stage headliner now. Think they subbed Other the time before in 2010? They'd unequivocally smash West Holts though.

9 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

It wasn't a very small crowd. We were near the back and it was pretty busy. Doubt they'd be booked for that slot again regardless, although the Major Lazer, Alt-J, BBK year has somewhat dimmed my expectations of what constitutes an Other Stage headliner now. Think they subbed Other the time before in 2010? They'd unequivocally smash West Holts though.

Perhaps I’m mixing them up with someone else, I thought reports were of a pretty sparse crowd.

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Perhaps I’m mixing them up with someone else, I thought reports were of a pretty sparse crowd.

Yeah it was sparse - not much further back than the sound desk - but tbf they were up against Coldplay who were always gonna pull a mammoth crowd and I imagine whoever goes up against them this year will suffer a similar thin crowd. 

Edited by FloopFiller

2 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

To be fair the last nine Other Stage headliners have been Tame Impala, The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Foals, Megan Thee Stallion, Pet Shop Boys, Wizkid, Lana Del Rey, Queens of the Stone Age.

I'd say there's an argument that at least seven of those are headliner size for the vast majority of other festivals, so that is probably the level you're looking at these days 

1 hour ago, homesick said:

To be fair the last nine Other Stage headliners have been Tame Impala, The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Foals, Megan Thee Stallion, Pet Shop Boys, Wizkid, Lana Del Rey, Queens of the Stone Age.

I'd say there's an argument that at least seven of those are headliner size for the vast majority of other festivals, so that is probably the level you're looking at these days 

Other than CATQ they all are

About half of those have done an APE day recently so LCD wouldn't be too rogue - maybe on the smaller side but not impossible

as stated above - too soon!

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

James Acaster wraps his run the week of the festival in Nottingham. One for the comedy?

Him and Nish do a bit every year, just so they get a ticket. Nish was on the recent documentary talking about it, they showed a clip of the two of them in the crowd at The Park Stage.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Him and Nish do a bit every year, just so they get a ticket. Nish was on the recent documentary talking about it, they showed a clip of the two of them in the crowd at The Park Stage.

Seems like a done deal then.

1 hour ago, ModernMan said:

The comedy tent needs a HUGE kick up the arse this year.

Honestly, never the biggest stand-up fan in the world, but Bill Bailey should be a staple of every comedy tent at any festival.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

How so? Big rock act, pop star and Coldplay?

Coldplay and Muse both making frequent appearances over the years, same as Coldplay + Foos. Dua huge star to have emerged out of the UK over the past decade.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Coldplay and Muse both making frequent appearances over the years, same as Coldplay + Foos. Dua huge star to have emerged out of the UK over the past decade.

Ah, gotcha.

I'd be disappointed to have Coldplay and Foo Fighters. I am aware both are huge draws, but tapping two prior headliners when there's definitely a pool out there for fresh names at the summit would be frustrating.