Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

https://x.com/NOS_Alive/status/1734181266189078913?s=20

Pearl Jam for Nos Alive too. Are we OK with them in the headliner discussion, or are we still going with the old "not big enough for Glastonbury, despite headlining every other major European festival" routine.

Don’t think anybody’s ever said they’re not big enough, but they’ve got like five tunes tops that everybody knows and then an entire setlist that only their hardcore fans know. I’d be fine with them headlining but not hard to see why it hasn’t happened and might never happen.

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Don’t think anybody’s ever said they’re not big enough, but they’ve got like five tunes tops that everybody knows and then an entire setlist that only their hardcore fans know. I’d be fine with them headlining but not hard to see why it hasn’t happened and might never happen.

Probably a few hundred thousand reasons why they'd not headline. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

5 tunes that everyone knows and a set list for hardcore fans is pretty much 95% of every artist on the planet.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Only watched Robin Hood yesterday. Id be all over a few beers while roaring "ROBBBBBBIIIIIIN" at Bryan. Id say he'd love that

Don't we do the reverse Ryan Adams heckling? Although Bryan Adams clearly seems like a nice chap while Ryan Adams is a twat.

Edited by giantkatestacks
spelling

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Only watched Robin Hood yesterday. Id be all over a few beers while roaring "ROBBBBBBIIIIIIN" at Bryan. Id say he'd love that

When I worked in telly and loads of bands came on the show i was working at. He was above and beyond one of the nicest people (David Bowie also). I like a great ballad, even though in 98 wasnt seen as cool. I will always like the ones who are kind to whoever they meet. Would absolutely be there! What a sing along! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

When I worked in telly and loads of bands came on the show i was working at. He was above and beyond one of the nicest people (David Bowie also). I like a great ballad, even though in 98 wasnt seen as cool. I will always like the ones who are kind to whoever they meet. Would absolutely be there! What a sing along! 

Go on, spill the beans... who were the bastards? 😛

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Go on, spill the beans... who were the bastards? 😛

Mmm, tended to be the Newbys on the scene. Quite precocious. (Although thats unfair cos Steriophinics were lovely and at the same time new!) The more experienced,  the nicer they were. Can't name. Not huge fan of Spice Girls (they were to be fair being worked very hard and tired, I assume..) and Finlay Quay though. Just cos. Most were fine. Doing their jobs. Shane McGowan though, well, that was an experience. Twice. 2 Christmas TV episodes. 97 and 98 I think. I was staggered he lived so long. Bless the man. 

• Upvote 1