Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Wide Awake festival 2024

mahoneypepe

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, brendan84 said:

Announced wide awake 2025 moved to Friday 23rd may 2025 (was sat 24th) Field day taking the date now. 

That's a bit rubbish will need to take a day's holiday to go.n

The lineup is going to have to be very strong for me to justify booking a Friday off work. Hopefully the money Field Day have paid to have the weekend somehow trickles down to Wide Awake and they can have an even better lineup this year.

I can’t see this going well and it’s a shame. The lineup was strong all day last year and the place filled up early and had a great atmosphere probably helped largely by the cheaper tickets requiring entry before 2 or 3pm. Either it’ll be a later start which gives worse value for money, or it’ll be empty until 6pm which reduces the buzz, or they’ll have to give away loads of freebies to get you in which harms viability. 2024 was great, I can’t see 2025 living up to it. 

14 hours ago, GmasterWomble said:

The lineup is going to have to be very strong for me to justify booking a Friday off work. Hopefully the money Field Day have paid to have the weekend somehow trickles down to Wide Awake and they can have an even better lineup this year.

Almost certain it doesn't work like that, although the friday will be cheaper to hire

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Looking at the primavera line up, hoping for FKA twigs or LCD soundsystem

LCD played a few day festivals last year , including APE in London. Might be surprised to see them come back so soon to do similar setup at wide awake