Days till Glastonbury 2024

westholtschic

On 5/29/2024 at 11:41 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Unfortunately I have ran out of upvotes.

I understand the escapism of disappearing down a rabbit hole - away from the cruel cruel world! I got heavily involved in the 'T Minus' thread many years ago, which was also a countdown to Glastonbury. There was a year on it when you had to find tractors (or tractor parts) with the number of days till Glastonbury. I thoroughly enjoyed that moment in time. Hope that you are doing the same.

All the best for Glastonbury.

I remember that year too. We've also had years looking for buses and trains! 😄  My favourites though are when there is no theme and you could post any image...I enjoyed the search for something special.  Despite being actively involved in this thread for years, I've been AWOL this year - I promise to do better on the final run in!! 😄

Trev

Here's todays...

22.thumb.jpg.b475bd14ce6cf624640f0c85abcb04ea.jpg

2 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

I remember that year too. We've also had years looking for buses and trains! 😄  My favourites though are when there is no theme and you could post any image...I enjoyed the search for something special.  Despite being actively involved in this thread for years, I've been AWOL this year - I promise to do better on the final run in!! 😄

Trev

Here's todays...

22.thumb.jpg.b475bd14ce6cf624640f0c85abcb04ea.jpg

Yes, I liked the buses one too. I can't even recall the train one, but have a feeling that I was involved - such is my memory nowadays. 

And now I'm going to test the aforementioned memory - was it you that won Bullseye one year?

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I liked the buses one too. I can't even recall the train one, but have a feeling that I was involved - such is my memory nowadays. 

And now I'm going to test the aforementioned memory - was it you that won Bullseye one year?

Yes, that was me buddy. You and I also had a deep and meaningful late one night after I came back from the theatre...I do panto every year for charity at the Palace Theatre in Mansfield. You might not remember that, it was a few years ago! 😄

Edited by Pear_Cider
Just checked back through my inbox...that conversation was in February 2017! :D
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

You might not remember that, it was a few years ago! 😄

I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago.

Honestly - it's quite difficult.

I fear that I may have over done it!

Not really though.

It would be unwise to jump off ones surfboard at this late stage in the 'game', after all.

That said, and to slightly shoot myself with being guilty of holding strong opposite views, I do, now, seem to recall a thespian (yes, that spelling is correct) anecdote element to you and the T Minus thread. 

It's only just hit me - you must have a right ball, a right laugh, doing that every Christmas.

Long may you 'tread the boards'.

Apologies about my memory - my lack of self respect and dignity.  🙂

• Like 1