2024 Ticket Price & Sale Date Announced

Dukeicon

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

All the people that think it won’t sell out in record time should have a lie in and logon at 11 on the 5th. 

It won't technically be record time, just because the complication added by SCA will slow the overall rate a bit (as we saw last year) - but given that it'll still be wildly oversubscribed the actual time is meaningless anyway.

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Remember the clocks go back on the 29th October.  😉😊

Worse is that in most parts of the US clocks go back on T-Day (5 Nov).
As if it weren't stressful enough, I have to make sure that I've got the conversion to GMT right very early that morning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike A said:

Worse is that in most parts of the US clocks go back on T-Day (5 Nov).
As if it weren't stressful enough, I have to make sure that I've got the conversion to GMT right very early that morning.

I noticed that, I’m sure you’ll get it right! Plenty coffee and don’t go to bed. 

14 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Another email from the festival. I don’t remember getting this many previously 

I think they are worried about the number registered , Alternatively they are making sure that those who are rubbish with deadlines and following emails don't mess up 

Edited by Crazyfool01

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think they are worried about the number registered 

Just got the e mail, maybe it’s just a PR exercise, there’s been enough reminders, social media info so far that surely everyone who is keen on a ticket will be aware. 
everytime I get a  reminder e mail I get an irresistible urge to check it again😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just got the e mail, maybe it’s just a PR exercise, there’s been enough reminders, social media info so far that surely everyone who is keen on a ticket will be aware. 
everytime I get a  reminder e mail I get an irresistible urge to check it again😊

yeah I edited post slightly 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Another email from the festival. I don’t remember getting this many previously 

They know if they’ve got less than 135000 registrations remaining then they have a problem! 

That’s not likely though I don’t think!

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Every time I get that email I freak out thinking I’ve lost my account!

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think they are worried about the number registered , Alternatively they are making sure that those who are rubbish with deadlines and following emails don't mess up 

I think it's the latter. They're worried about people still not realizing that their registrations have been wiped. In our ticket group, 10 of the 60 reg #'s that people thought were good failed to validate with See.
Some of those were typo's but some others were people that had previously checked their status and were certain that they were still good.

Can’t see the rush for tickets being any easier this year. Why would it? Coverage of a packed field watching Elton put in an all-timer this year. Can definitely see the casual gig goer saying “I fancy that” next year. 

Having said that, I hope I’m wrong and tickets are secured without a hitch. 

5 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Can’t see the rush for tickets being any easier this year. Why would it? Coverage of a packed field watching Elton put in an all-timer this year. Can definitely see the casual gig goer saying “I fancy that” next year. 

Having said that, I hope I’m wrong and tickets are secured without a hitch. 

It’ll be hellish, guaranteed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’ll be hellish, guaranteed.

I’d agree with that. The TV coverage of recent festivals has certainly increased the amount of folk wanting to go for a ticket, especially the scenes of lovely weather and headliners such as Macca and Elton.  Images of mud are no longer synonymous with the festival. I’ve spoken to several folk who are trying for the first time despite not bothering for years. 

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d agree with that. The TV coverage of recent festivals has certainly increased the amount of folk wanting to go for a ticket, especially the scenes of lovely weather and headliners such as Macca and Elton.  Images of mud are no longer synonymous with the festival. I’ve spoken to several folk who are trying for the first time despite not bothering for years. 

SEE I’m just not sure … surely the Tory cost of living crisis will have some impact … many people’s mortgages have sky rocketed . Mind you I said this last time and was very wrong and there might still be plenty able to fill the holes of those that can no longer afford it but I can’t believe it’ll make no difference at all . Although events do still to be selling well at top level maybe people are just keeping money for the bigger blow outs 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

SEE I’m just not sure … surely the Tory cost of living crisis will have some impact … many people’s mortgages have sky rocketed . Mind you I said this last time and was very wrong and there might still be plenty able to fill the holes of those that can no longer afford it but I can’t believe it’ll make no difference at all . Although events do still to be selling well at top level maybe people are just keeping money for the bigger blow outs 

I’d agree with that. For some, very sadly,it will be unaffordable but there will be many others willing to take their place. Just look at the ticket sales for Swift and Rodrigo. Being an oldie I well remember  getting gig and festival tickets for the top events used to be relatively easy. Not now with presales and the excess demand . Unfortunately the smaller acts and venues may suffer. 

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

For every two that pull out, there'll be three trying. For the foreseeable future, we're still gonna have the usual chaos.

You have a certain advantage of being super prepared, that definitely means something. 

Strap yourself in. 

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Unfortunately the smaller acts and venues may suffer. 

I get the feeling it's the opposite. People being priced out of big arena gigs, while your local venue offering a band for ten-fifteen quid, no transport costs, cheaper booze. That's a feasible alternative. If anything , I guess it's your 40-60 quid quite big but not that big acts that might feel the squeeze. Who knows? 

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For every two that pull out, there'll be three trying. For the foreseeable future, we're still gonna have the usual chaos.

I’m not sure about that now, but we have no way of telling apart from how the sale goes! 

53 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m not sure about that now, but we have no way of telling apart from how the sale goes! 

Well, of course. It's all guesswork, isn't it?

All we can do is make a prediction based upon the speed that recent years have sold, the perceived success of the 2023 event (certainly how it was covered in the media, particularly to attract new attendees), the fact that it's still the biggest and best cultural event in the UK bar none and how other heavily-priced events seem to be quickly selling out, despite economic challenges.

Also, don't underestimate the significance of the (relatively low) deposit scheme. It gives anyone sitting on the fence the opportunity to chance their arm in November and take six months to make a final decision. If people had to pay the full balance up-front with no ability to refund, then yes, the initial sale would look quite different.

While that scheme is in place, and taking all of the above into consideration, in November 2023, I'm confident that the festival still sells out in the usual one hour timeframe. Any thoughts otherwise, are copium. Which I understand.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

I get the feeling it's the opposite. People being priced out of big arena gigs, while your local venue offering a band for ten-fifteen quid, no transport costs, cheaper booze. That's a feasible alternative. If anything , I guess it's your 40-60 quid quite big but not that big acts that might feel the squeeze. Who knows? 

You could ne right on the £40 - £60 price mark. I really have a long hard think before spending that, especially if the gig isn't local. Mind you, I have so far refused to pay any of the stupid stadium gig prices we are seeing, even missing out on The Stones last time round. The average I'm paying these days is £25.