2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

if it’s slower than one per second then you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage though 

apart from covid Glastonbury ive got a decent record 🙂 ( and even then I got tickets just stupidly bus ones for mates not me )  fingers crossed I can keep that .... seems to work ok 

13 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Morning folks

We have 2 newbies trying for tickets with us this year. Sorry if answered elsewhere but I'm looking to clarify that it is also 6 tickets max per transaction for the bus package too? Or is that just general sale and bus tickets are less than 6?

Thanks in advance. 

Yes 6 for coach in the November sale.

24 minutes ago, rob.a said:

I've always been a "slow and steady" but having failed in the my last two attempts I thought I should see what others are doing. 

1 x laptop on home wifi manually F5 every 1-2 seconds

1 x laptop on 4G hotspot from mobile auto-refresh every 2 seconds on single Chrome tab

1 x laptop on 4G from second mobile auto-refresh every 2 seconds on single Chrome tab

What do those with young children do with the young children to keep them out of the way during the Sunday morning ticket carnage? Last year we gave them chocolate and the TV but they must have sensed our anxiety and wanted in on the action. 

4 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

What do those with young children do with the young children to keep them out of the way during the Sunday morning ticket carnage? Last year we gave them chocolate and the TV but they must have sensed our anxiety and wanted in on the action. 

Tie them up, gag them, and lock them in the shed.

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Exploit them.  Getting them to boil the kettle or make a bacon bap might be pushing it but hitting refresh on a tablet might not be a stretch?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Why every two seconds not one?

Because while every 1 second should keep you within the 60/minute limit it's probably not enough to allow a page to load and determine if it's a booking page.

Don't forget you only have that session for 5 minutes so wasting 3 minutes banging away without knowing you have one is a sure way to miss out.

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Because while every 1 second should keep you within the 60/minute limit it's probably not enough to allow a page to load and determine if it's a booking page.

Don't forget you only have that session for 5 minutes so wasting 3 minutes banging away without knowing you have one is a sure way to miss out.

Last time I had it set up so it would auto stop when a certain word appeared, can’t remember the word now or if it even worked lol 

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Last time I had it set up so it would auto stop when a certain word appeared, can’t remember the word now or if it even worked lol 

Sure....but even that relies to some degree on sufficient data to be returned to allow the auto-refresh app to inspect.  There is also the risk that the See text you're monitoring is an embedded gif image rather than raw text so your autostop wouldn't detect it.

My auto refresh (Easy Auto Refresh for Chrome) doesn't auto stop so I need to be able to see a booking page if I get one.  The risk of losing a booking page if the auto-refresh fires before I can stop it is mitigated by the See session being yours for 5 minutes....if you refresh you'll get it back, but if you've entered any details you'll need to re-enter them.

So people with auto refreshers, what's your success rate? I'd have thought having a specific refresh rate every few seconds could trip some sort of anti bot thing? As its not a natural human way to do it? 

I'm tempted because I tend to go a bit mad with F5, and haven't actually seen a booking page since 2019 right at the end...

45 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So people with auto refreshers, what's your success rate? I'd have thought having a specific refresh rate every few seconds could trip some sort of anti bot thing? As its not a natural human way to do it? 

I'm tempted because I tend to go a bit mad with F5, and haven't actually seen a booking page since 2019 right at the end...

No evidence to suggest See detect anything other than a refresh rate of above 60/minute.

My recent record....

2017 Manual

2018 Fallow

2019 Missed out 😥

2020/22 Auto-refresh

2023 Manual

It's all anecdotal obviously and it only takes a single lucky F5 to get you the page....but I'm a firm believer in maximising chances by having more than one device trying - where an auto-refresh works as another pair of hands.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No evidence to suggest See detect anything other than a refresh rate of above 60/minute.

I realise we can't know for sure, for obvious reasons, but do you think it's likely measured in one minute sections, or over a longer or shorter period? So, could you do up to 59 in half a minute then leave it? I've asked for a reason, I could concentrate on one device, then flip to another every so often.