Never flying EasyJ** again

anditmakesmesmile

26 minutes ago, stuie said:

For the sake of the environment you should stay there and eat meat and talk to your family on FaceTime only forever more. 

uts now less about "for the sake of the environment" and more about "for the stake of your lifestyle", cos a lot of current lifestyles aren't sustainable, in a climate damaged world.

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

For the sake of the environment you should stay there and eat meat and talk to your family on FaceTime only forever more. 

I suppose I could get an old rust bucket for a few hundred quid, drive the 10 hours and take the ferry, and stop at every rest stop and purchase massive bratwurst... it's tempting, I'll give you that 😅

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

addressing climate change will require lifestyle changes from all of us, giving up flying is the easiest change to make ( i've got 25 years of not flying to my carbon credit).

But giving up flying is easy when you don’t want to do it anyway. Giving up meat is much harder, which is why people choose to ignore it’s impact as it’s inconvenient and they don’t want to make that change.

4 minutes ago, t0paz said:

But giving up flying is easy when you don’t want to do it anyway. Giving up meat is much harder, which is why Neil chooses to ignore it’s impact as it’s inconvenient and they don’t want to make that change.

Have a good weekend all!

I’m off of for some carbon neutral exercise on the bike. 

But… I’ve just put a load in the tumble dryer. 

Can I offset that? 

11 minutes ago, t0paz said:

But giving up flying is easy when you don’t want to do it anyway. Giving up meat is much harder, which is why people choose to ignore it’s impact as it’s inconvenient and they don’t want to make that change.

less about " don't want to and more about "more difficult to". stopping flying is about as easy as it gets: I'll happily admit to taking the easy option, at least I  cared and took an option and helped to make things not as bad.

Edited by Neil

33 minutes ago, t0paz said:

a good point well made, but people choose vegan cos its what they want to do anyway. i bet the number of climate vegans is tiny.

50 minutes ago, Neil said:

less about " don't want to and more about "more difficult to". stopping flying is about as easy as it gets: I'll happily admit to taking the easy option, at least I  cared and took an option and helped to make things not as bad.

Did you take the no fly option due to climate issues?. No dig or anything just wondering if anything else was at play. We certainly fly less as a choice due to environmental impact. 

Probably now overruled by the amount I drive  as I am the main career (with brother) for my very old folks, and have to drive to get to theirs.

11 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Did you take the no fly option due to climate issues?

yes, exactly that. i was only flying for work and for things which didn't really need me to fly. seemed very unnecessary. and easily possible to cut out. around the same time i started off-setting too.

11 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

No dig or anything just wondering if anything else was at play. We certainly fly less as a choice due to environmental impact. 

Probably now overruled by the amount I drive  as I am the main career (with brother) for my very old folks, and have to drive to get to theirs.

less is good, well done. as you  can see, some won't  tolerate the suggestion of  less. so the tories have a very good angle for winning the next election. 😞 

Edited by Neil

2 hours ago, Neil said:

as can be seen, no one seems to give a cuck about trying to improve things, here comes another tory govt.

Exactly. Why don’t you just throw some steaks on the bbq and chill out. 

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Exactly. Why don’t you just throw some steaks on the bbq and chill out. 

Don't rate your chances of chilling out on a burning planet, my meds will help me survive 🙂

17 hours ago, Neil said:

if i was doing that you'd have a point, here people like you are complaining about me doing something to your benefit.

You are doing that so everyone who says so has a point, you've done it for several months now to becoming the meaningless depressing prat you are! You're either just ignorant or in very heavy denial about it...I'd opt for 50/50.

Disappearing from here finally would be something to benefit us all greatly, something again that passes you by.

33 minutes ago, northernangel said:

You are doing that so everyone who says so has a point, you've done it for several months now to becoming the meaningless depressing prat you are! You're either just ignorant or in very heavy denial about it...I'd opt for 50/50.

Disappearing from here finally would be something to benefit us all greatly, something again that passes you by.

If I'm not here to point out that people here are running scared of lifestyle changes to benefit the environment, the Tories will just round up your votes Uxbridge style.this is no different to whati would have done over all of efestivals life vif you hadn't turned up just five minutes ago you'd have known that 

Edited by Neil

6 hours ago, Neil said:

If I'm not here to point out that people here are running scared of lifestyle changes to benefit the environment, the Tories will just round up your votes Uxbridge style.this is no different to whati would have done over all of efestivals life vif you hadn't turned up just five minutes ago you'd have known that 

People aren't scared of lifestyle changes, people are living their lives and travelling which means using modes of transport including planes. You using an onroad vehicle for whatever reason or however small journey just contradicts everything you say.

I'm aware you've been a constant pain in the arse all over efestivals and making it insufferable for some, that's why others taking over and you moving it on was heralded!

I don't give a shite about the tories on here, nor does anyone.  We come on here for festivals etc to discuss, we didn't switch tv on to parliament news to listen to them or listen to you babbling on about them.

People can still fly away for their dream holidays so just let them bloody do it. From what I can see, there will be cars on the road, lorries on the road, planes in the air and the sky outside is nice, fresh and clear so people go enjoy your lives.

Edited by northernangel

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

People aren't scared of lifestyle changes

yeah - lol, as can be seen by all of the people here pledging to not fly again and stuff like this

On 10/5/2023 at 3:37 PM, Skip997 said:

It ain't going to make any real difference

. You using an onroad vehicle for whatever reason or however small journey just contradicts everything you say.

i'll give up cars if you swap your working legs for my f**ked legs.

I'm aware you've been a constant pain in the arse all over efestivals and making it insufferable for some, that's why others taking over and you moving it on was heralded!

you've not seen the "not as good as it used to be stuff" then 😛  

I don't give a shite about the tories on here, nor does anyone.  We come on here for festivals etc to discuss, we didn't switch tv on to parliament news to listen to them or listen to you babbling on about them.

People can still fly away for their dream holidays so just let them bloody do it. 

i'm not stopping anyone i'm just suggesting they use their brain to think. 

terrible idea i know? 😛