Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

14 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Is there space for one more band on Main?

Last years Sunday had 6, we have 5 so far for this year. 

Not much for me in the last few drops, hopefully they'll pull something out of the bag late on, after RW has finished etc. 

On 6/22/2024 at 12:44 AM, johnybegood said:

Can we expect The Hives or Idles to play between EC and Offspring in Main Stage on Sunday?

I was expecting both months ago but at this point I'm honestly no more expecting them.

In 2023 we had 11 acts on Sunday Main+Marquee (with only The Killers playing 80 minutes and Balthazar 75 minutes replacing Florence, all the other ones playing 1 hour or less) and now we already have 10 acts. Meau, Merol and Pommelien Thijs all look kinda big in Belgium and, after them, the sequence The Haunted Youth > Electric Callboy > Rise Against > The Offspring > The Smile > Queens Of The Stone Age looks working to me, maybe with a bit longer average sets than last year.

Idles would always be welcome and they're playing Lowlands on Friday and then still available for both Saturday and Sunday, so it would look logical... But PKP would also be their fourth Belgian appearence in 2024, so I don't know.

The Hives are playing US mid July to August 9 and then their second leg European Tour is starting August 22 from Rock En Seine. Pukkelpop still doable but I won't bet on this two names anymore (if there's any name left for Sunday Main-Marquee).

Surely there's room on Friday (only 8 acts announced so far + Denzel Curry who cancelled).

For another example, I was also expecting Yard Act but they ended playing Rock Werchter and Down The Rabbit Hole on the same day, with a 40 minutes slot at 13.40 at RW, so for some reasons they are not available for Pukkelpop.

To organize a big festival lineup isn't always the easiest thing to do, sometimes artists aren't available for reasons we don't know...

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, joselito said:

Idles are playing Paredes de Coura on Friday. 

you're right! On their website there's written aug-14 Paredes de Coura, aug-16 Lowlands but those are the festival start dates, not Idles day. In that case, they could also play Lowlands on Sunday and make Pukkelpop impossible.

On 6/9/2024 at 8:29 PM, gigi21 said:

Friends, don't know what the hell is happening but I just did this on Booking.com phone app.
There's 20€ of taxes to add but it's crazy. It's a familiar room (4 beds) booked for 2 persons.

PKP24.png

reservation canceled by Booking.com as expected. Don't mind this post.

Not sure what the deal is for those outside the UK (VPN?) but a few PKP acts are playing Glastonbury this weekend and their sets are on the Iplayer?

Watched a bit of Barry Can't Swim earlier and Conman were predictably awesome soon after! If the line up positions are to be believed, they will play mid-afternoon in the Dance Hall which is great in that I doubt they will clash with too many others I want to see. Seems very low but no complaint from me! Fontaines now on, and they're sounding good, so will likely check them out as not seen before. Think Romy on Sunday is the other overlap I can see but reckon there will be too much other stuff going on when she plays PKP so will probably wait for the weekend after to catch her when we go to Field Day.

Fred again.. also played a secret set this evening, which they did well to keep quiet. He's easily going to get the biggest crowd of the weekend and is arguably the most significant booking they have made for the whole festival.

• Upvote 2