Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Any idea why Justice couldn’t replace here as well?

Would mean 3 days on the bounce, which isn't a massive problem but they were also at Dour so may have an exclusivity clause. Could also be that Pukkelpop wants to get the timetable out with the headliner on it.

Edit - Justice's date in Brussels hasn't sold out either

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

As for now the replacements are:
- Justice for Lowlands
- Jack White for Way Out West / Øya / Syd for Solen

It all depends on who Cabaret Vert comes up with. The have to replace QOTSA and Justice is already on their lineup. 

32 minutes ago, DDave said:

Ah man, that's sh*t -  you can't even take comfort in the fact they'll have decent replacements in place given their recent history. If they book Oscar and the Wolf I'll be selling my ticket and I'm never going to Pukkelpop again.

*you'll be trying to sell your ticket 😬

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

How would you feel if they're replaced by Justice and James Blake.

It'd be an early night for me. Fingers crossed for Jack White. 

James Blake would be a fair replacement altought he has played in two of the last 3 Pukkelpop editions (2019 and 2022).

Justice instead of QOSTA would be a joke, but as @DDave said we can even expect OATW or dEUS or a cheap belgian replacement.

QOTSA and The Smile are two bands almost imposible to replace. They are TOP.

So, at the moment Jack White and James Blake seem the most likely solutions, hopefully with some nice undercard names.

Let's look at the good news: the last announcement will be quite strong 😬

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

With Jack White not at Lowlands and with no announcement yet, I wouldn‘t count on him. Guess he is just doing Scandinavia because he already has a tour booked for mainland Europe.

He only had a gig booked in South Korea.

29 minutes ago, DDave said:

Maybe he has some non-announced festival dates for 2025 in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany... so I am sure that, if so, he cannot perform in these countries before.

Edited by johnybegood

31 minutes ago, DDave said:

By „booked“ I meant „booked, but not announced“. He is expected to announce a tour soon with the official announcement of his new only unofficially released album. Rumored street date is 2nd August. Last tour was under Live Nation and announced for US and Europe at the same time. On a Friday at 4 pm…….

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

By „booked“ I meant „booked, but not announced“. He is expected to announce a tour soon with the official announcement of his new only unofficially released album. Rumored street date is 2nd August. Last tour was under Live Nation and announced for US and Europe at the same time. On a Friday at 4 pm…….

Anyways, Oya announced his 3 shows in Scandinavia as European exclusive.

So no Jack White at PKP24.

This is just Brutal. Jack white being one replacement would be underwhelming. Who the f is James Blake!?! 

Only LCD Soundsystem/Massive Attack can somewhat save this now. Sziget has some serious competition for worse lineup ever.

I'll still go, it's all booked. But damn...for ppl like me who had limited interest in day 1 and 2 this is rough if they don't get someone amazing and someone else pretty damn good.

45 minutes ago, nutballandtheshiftytwins said:

This is just Brutal. Jack white being one replacement would be underwhelming. Who the f is James Blake!?! 

Only LCD Soundsystem/Massive Attack can somewhat save this now. Sziget has some serious competition for worse lineup ever.

I'll still go, it's all booked. But damn...for ppl like me who had limited interest in day 1 and 2 this is rough if they don't get someone amazing and someone else pretty damn good.

Is this your first Pukkelpop? 

47 minutes ago, nutballandtheshiftytwins said:

Jack white being one replacement would be underwhelming

expect to be really underwhelmed by the actual replacement...

Then, if you have time, check the undercard, there's a lot of interesting acts.

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

expect to be really underwhelmed by the actual replacement...

Then, if you have time, check the undercard, there's a lot of interesting acts.

Yep, just have to make the most of it. There's some good suggestions on the IG comments, about 10 rock acts named id be ok with, not sure if any are realistic though. Jack white, pixies, justice id be fine with to replace smile but id really hope they get someone big for QOTSA but it's not looking good

15 minutes ago, nutballandtheshiftytwins said:

2nd...Came last year.

As it stands there'll be enough to keep me going on the Sunday but then again my best day is Friday. Jack White would have been an excellent replacement but doesn't look likely now. Unfortunately the festival has a track record of replacing cancellations with either much weaker names or acts from a completely different genre. I'm not saying it's easy finding replacements late in the day but Pukkelpop seems particular bad at it. Whether that's on purpose to save cash or not is a different matter. 

I think the best you can hope for at this stage is someone like Placebo, The National or at best Liam Gallagher. Or of course we could get Justice, which I'd be happy with and would go down well with the dance crowd who've bought tickets on the strength of Fred and CDW.  There's still a very good chance they'll have Editors or Oscar and the f**king Wolf as replacements. 

Anyway. It'll be my 10th Pukkelpop and my first for 5 years so I'm just looking forward to getting out there and getting stuck in lol

Edited by DDave

13 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Don't know if mentioned before Royal blood are free.

Good shout.

As I wrote on Festileaks, I wouldn't necessary expect 1 to 1 replacements. There's room to announce a batch of 12-15 more names, some of which could be solid guitar names (on Sunday Backyard, Lift and Club still have one less act than 2023, Mannequin Pussy's slot on Friday to fill, etc...), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sunday headliner wouldn't be a rock band.

If she isn't too much more expensive than QOTSA, Lana Del Rey would probably be the most successful solution: she have a soldout show in Paris 3 days after and would easily sell Sunday tickets in minutes, also making the exchange platform work, with PKP earning an extra fee for every QOTSA fan selling his ticket to a Lana's fan and granting a quite full field on Sunday, with other extra earnings from food and drink.

But obviously things are not that easy to manage and there's a lot of facts we don't know.

sh*t happens. Let's wait for the final announcement, that will be the strongest final announcement ever and then we can talk. I wouldn't rule out some surprises.

I wouldn't mind to get Royal Blood. Their show in Milan a few weeks ago - opening for QOTSA - was so good! But also because of a good crowd. Without a good audience, the band isn't motivated and the show isn't that good. But I can't see a huge headliner like Lana Del Rey coming... If we dream so big, what about getting Maneskin? If we get a real headliner instead, a Belgian act like Oscar And The Wolf makes more sense even if he's playing already a lot in Belgium this Summer (Beach Festival, Lokerse Feesten - soldout -, Suikerrock - next week).

2 minutes ago, Archi said:

I wouldn't mind to get Royal Blood. Their show in Milan a few weeks ago - opening for QOTSA - was so good! But also because of a good crowd. Without a good audience, the band isn't motivated and the show isn't that good. But I can't see a huge headliner like Lana Del Rey coming... If we dream so big, what about getting Maneskin? If we get a real headliner instead, a Belgian act like Oscar And The Wolf makes more sense even if he's playing already a lot in Belgium this Summer (Beach Festival, Lokerse Feesten - soldout -, Suikerrock - next week).

Maneskin are in Japan. 

I think its fair to say that James Blake will be the Smile replacement so I think it's just the QOTSA replacement now. 

Think if there isn't a proper headliner level band announced, such as Placebo or Royal Blood, then there's room to have a dance closer like 2manydjs etc as well to sweeten the deal. 

Placebo & James Blake are my guesses, although I wouldn't be surprised if a pop headliner was announced. If I was 18, into pop and I was camping, I'd be tempted to leave early on the Sunday to beat the crowds as there's not a lot going on for that age group & taste later at night. I'd bet on Charli XCX or Halsey if they went down that avenue, or maybe Burna Boy. Tough sell to the rock crowd though. 

My preferences are any 4 from LCD, Pulp, LG and The Pixies but just can't see at least the first 3 being booked. 

14 minutes ago, DDave said:

Maneskin are in Japan. 

I think its fair to say that James Blake will be the Smile replacement so I think it's just the QOTSA replacement now. 

Think if there isn't a proper headliner level band announced, such as Placebo or Royal Blood, then there's room to have a dance closer like 2manydjs etc as well to sweeten the deal. 

Placebo & James Blake are my guesses, although I wouldn't be surprised if a pop headliner was announced. If I was 18, into pop and I was camping, I'd be tempted to leave early on the Sunday to beat the crowds as there's not a lot going on for that age group & taste later at night. I'd bet on Charli XCX or Halsey if they went down that avenue, or maybe Burna Boy. Tough sell to the rock crowd though. 

My preferences are any 4 from LCD, Pulp, LG and The Pixies but just can't see at least the first 3 being booked. 

Placebo never plays 3 days in a row so I think that we can rule them out.