Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

10 hours ago, Archi said:

We didn't mention so many bands here: Jack WhiteRoyal BloodOscar And The WolfEditorsHasleyAnne-MarieLCD Soundsystem, Placebo, The Prodigy, PixiesJustice... I think that's it. Hope an happy ending!

Out of these, only Jack White, OATW, Editors, LCD Soundsystem, Prodigy and Justice have real headline potential. The rest are too small for that slot. 

16 hours ago, Semprini said:

let's share some of our 'finds' that help make PKP the amazing festival it is! For me, it's Glass Beams, NAFT, Slift and Ahadadream (amongst quite a few others!).

Let's do it!

Regarding me, Glass Beams, Chalk, Mount Kimbie, Yin Yin, English Teacher, Model/Actriz, Yussef Dayes and Ada Oda were already on my wishlist together with Soulwax, Fontaines, QOTSA and The Smile.

Thanks to PKP I discovered Fat Dog and Wisp, who entered in my must-see list, a lot of nice acts I didn't know like Stake, Ramkot, Ila, Meltheads, Bad Nerves, Wunderhorse, but there's also a lot of acts I'd like to see even if I don't usually listen to them like The Kills, The Vaccines, Flogging Mollly, Slift, Fred Again, Amenra, Barry Can't Swim, Crystal Fighters, Portland, Black Box Revelations, The Reytons...

If you want to suggest me some electronic/dance act to discover, consider that I'm not a proper electronic music lover but I like Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, Moderat, Sohn, Chemical Brothers... Things like that.

PS: I'll be staying with my friends 200m far from HH, been talking with Dave, so let's meet!

Edited by gigi21
  • Like 1

Hey @gigi21 maybe you can try Romy and Joy Anonymous 🙂 

My finds : Naft, The Reytons, New West, Sampa The Great. 

Looking forward : Fred Again, Dizzee Rascal, Dimension, The Kills, The Vaccines, Skrillex, Raye, Miles Kane, Dead Poet Society, English Teacher, Electric Callboy, Ramkot, Becky Hill, Crystal Fighters, Mothionless In White. 

We will be staying with my girlfriend in an Airbnb 200m from the station and I have a friend who will be at the Park Inn Radisson on his own.

• Like 1

Hmm, weak headliner given the other options. 

Very happy with Big Special being added, I requested them after Mannequin Pussy dropped out. Very early for me though! 

Clash wise, I'm very happy, only the Streets clashing with Dizzee Rascal. Bit odd given the similar audience. I'll be at the Streets. 

1 hour ago, kilero said:

Hey @gigi21 maybe you can try Romy and Joy Anonymous 🙂 

I've seen Romy at Rock En Seine last year, not bad but a bit boring overall. Will check Joy Anonimous even if they're clashing with Stake which I would like to check. Let's see 😊

19 minutes ago, Archi said:

Happy to see Royal Blood. Not headliner material. But hard to find better in a short time... Gonna be a great day 🙂 

I think you're cutting the organisers an awful lot of slack. You could argue that The Offspring are bigger than RB. They've gone for the cheap option again, unsurprisingly. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, VCF said:

Pukkelpop going with the most uninspired replacement once again. I would be pissed. 

Do Sunday tickets holders have a right to ask for a refund btw?

No, no refunds as far as I know.

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

If you want to suggest me some electronic/dance act to discover, consider that I'm not a proper electronic music lover but I like Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, Moderat, Sohn, Chemical Brothers... Things like that.

PS: I'll be staying with my friends 200m far from HH, been talking with Dave, so let's meet!

Confidence man will be one of the biggest parties of the weekend so definitely worth checking out. Cellini is a Belgian DJ who has played the Boiler a few times but is doing a live show this time, possibly the first one? There aren't too many others that haven't already been mentioned but in terms of DJ's, I'd definitely recommend Salute, Ahadadream, Indira Paganotto and Malugi.

Timetable is good for me on Friday but quite a few clashes on Sat and Sun. I'll get to see pretty much everything I want but will be some split sets and/or decisions at the time who to go with?

FWIW, I think they've done ok under the circumstances with the replacements. Two names that are different to the other festivals, which counts for something. RB are similar in some ways to Queens and Marc Rebillet will fill the Marquee as he did last time and is more popular and well known now. Neither change my plans as I've already got some clashes on Sunday night anyway. 

We usually organise an Efests meet on the first day so I was going to suggest around 15:45 at the PKP Cafe? It was between the Backyard and Main last year but don't know yet if it's moved as the map isn't available? There's only really Black Box Revelation on at that time but happy to go with any alternative ideas people may have?

• Upvote 1

Not really happy with the replacements but I understand that it is almost imposible to find a headline rock material in just 3 weeks, so Royal Blood is a logical booking and we cannot complain.

The Smile is a band imposible to replace. The only top bands that could fit in their slot were Pixies and Pulp, and it is almost imposible in 2024 that Pukkelpop book any of this bands.

Edited by johnybegood

My preference now would be to sell my weekend ticket and go to Lowlands.

Seems like they've made this as difficult as possible. The exchange service doesn't link up buyers and sellers or provide a safe platform for either. Only a name change on the ticket. Which means that since pukkelpop isnt part of ticketswap, the only safe way to transact is through viagogo which is unnecessarily expensive for both parties. The fun continues...

Anyone know a work around?

7 minutes ago, nutballandtheshiftytwins said:

Seems like they've made this as difficult as possible. The exchange service doesn't link up buyers and sellers or provide a safe platform for either. Only a name change on the ticket. Which means that since pukkelpop isnt part of ticketswap, the only safe way to transact is through viagogo which is unnecessarily expensive for both parties. The fun continues...

I sold my tickets last year and it was an easy process. You don't change the name of the tickets until money is in your Paypal account. It is much safer than Viagogo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nutballandtheshiftytwins said:

Is it just the one ticket you're selling? 

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

We usually organise an Efests meet on the first day so I was going to suggest around 15:45 at the PKP Cafe? It was between the Backyard and Main last year but don't know yet if it's moved as the map isn't available? There's only really Black Box Revelation on at that time but happy to go with any alternative ideas people may have?

Attending a bit of BBR and then coming for a beer before getting a good spot for Fontaines would be perfect for me

4 minutes ago, nutballandtheshiftytwins said:

What am i on about? Of course viagogo isn't allowed. So....weekend are sold out, im sure there are ppl out there who will want one, but how....

1- You have to wait until exchange service is open (August 1st)

2- Put your tickets on sale in the exchange service

3 - you will receive lot of emails  from people that wants your tickets

4- Choose one candidate and answer the email. Give them instruction to make the payment (Paypal is recomended)

5- Once you have the money, send them the Link that you will receive for the name-changing

6- They will change the name and you will receive an email that the change has been made.

Edited by johnybegood

5 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

1- You have to wait until exchange service is open (August 1st)

2- Put your tickets on sale in the exchange service

3 - you will receive lot of emails  from people that wants your tickets

4- Choose one candidate and answer the email. Give them instruction to make the payment (Paypal is recomended)

5- Once you have the money, send them the Link that you will receive for the name-changing

6- They will change the name and you will receive an email that the change has been made.

Thanks, I see, ok that seems quite good then