Roskilde Festival 2024

jonathansoegaard

1 hour ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Will take place 3. July -> 6. July (Warm up starting 29. June).

Tickets and first acts on Tuesday!

image.png.65e0690d9922805c2e95e6b2a8c49c01.png

Curious if they continue down the path of booking very "young" music as they did in 2022 and 2023 compared to before the pandemic. 

Any rumours? 

18 minutes ago, foolee said:

Any rumours? 

Green Day, Foo Fighters, Paramore and The National are in Europe next summer, so one of those will come for sure.

For more younger audiences I think Travis Scott, SZA and Lana del Rey seem very probable. Bad Bunny is rumored to tour Europe next summer, but because of the language barrier I don't know if he would like to come to Denmark. But then again, Roskilde is into diversity and booking artists from all over the globe like Burna Boy and some other African and Asian artists so Bad Bunny could be a possibility. 

3 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Green Day, Foo Fighters, Paramore and The National are in Europe next summer, so one of those will come for sure.

For more younger audiences I think Travis Scott, SZA and Lana del Rey seem very probable. Bad Bunny is rumored to tour Europe next summer, but because of the language barrier I don't know if he would like to come to Denmark. But then again, Roskilde is into diversity and booking artists from all over the globe like Burna Boy and some other African and Asian artists so Bad Bunny could be a possibility. 

Burna Boy is popular over here in London - like several nights at the o2 popular

Bad Bunny isn't yet - not sure how either are in Denmark but i'd presume its similar

The festival organizer said he tried to book Billie Eilish the last few years but never secured her due to dates not lining up. Can see them going for her again. She also hasn't played Denmark since 2019.

Pearl Jam are apparently doing a 3 week run of festivals and solo dates at that time; but doubt they would ever do Roskilde again.

Green Day are about next summer too!

Already got my ticket on the pay monthly scheme. By far my favorite festival ever and tons of fun every year. Hyped for the announcement! 😄 

Edited by FrogLobster

59 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

The festival organizer said he tried to book Billie Eilish the last few years but never secured her due to dates not lining up. Can see them going for her again. She also hasn't played Denmark since 2019.

Pearl Jam are apparently doing a 3 week run of festivals and solo dates at that time; but doubt they would ever do Roskilde again.

Green Day are about next summer too!

Already got my ticket on the pay monthly scheme. By far my favorite festival ever and tons of fun every year. Hyped for the announcement! 😄 

Agree on Billie Eilish.

Regarding Green Day, I think Foo Fighters are more probable. 

I could see Bad Bunny happening. Last year they had Burna Boy who apparently went down really well (I had already left for the day by the time he started) and the crowd for Rosalia in Arena was easily 3 times bigger than the tent could hold, and that was during Blur! Stick him on as the late night headliner then have a Danish artist like MØ before him.

Edited by FrogLobster

Never done Roskilde but it's always been on the Bucket List so I'll watch tomorrow with a keen eye. I know it's most likely Foos leading tomorrow's announcement based on rumours but does anyone think there's an outside shout of The Boss? 

Tour tomorrow and he's headlined previously in 2012. Don't think he does festivals now apart from day fests and it would be a bit of a departure for who Roskilde book these days but it would certainly tempt me.

42 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Never done Roskilde but it's always been on the Bucket List so I'll watch tomorrow with a keen eye. I know it's most likely Foos leading tomorrow's announcement based on rumours but does anyone think there's an outside shout of The Boss? 

Tour tomorrow and he's headlined previously in 2012. Don't think he does festivals now apart from day fests and it would be a bit of a departure for who Roskilde book these days but it would certainly tempt me.

If Foos are locked id be surprised if Boss does it too. Roskilde in recent years is typically 1 'guitar rock' headliner and the other 3 are pop, rap or hip hop. More likely Boss does a show on Jutland (Aarhus?) as he just did 2 stadiums in Copenhagen a few months ago.

Edited by FrogLobster

Roskilde is always difficult to predict across the lineup due to how much variety there is but going to take a wild guess (and some assumptions based on other EU festivals and touring routes). 😄

Foo Fighters, Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, Bad Bunny, Fred Again (Late night headliner)
Also appearing: Pulp, PJ Harvey, Lorde, Mitski, MØ,  Paramore, Skrillex, Weezer

Edited by FrogLobster

5 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

We have an announcement tomorrow, right?!
What time are the announcements normally? morning or afternoon ?

Usually at 10:00.

7 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Roskilde is always difficult to predict across the lineup due to how much variety there is but going to take a wild guess (and some assumptions based on other EU festivals and touring routes). 😄

Foo Fighters, Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, Bad Bunny, Fred Again (Late night headliner)
Also appearing: Pulp, PJ Harvey, Lorde, Mitski, MØ,  Paramore, Skrillex, Weezer

Foo Fighters + Pulp, Travis Scott/Bad Bunny, SZA/Billie Eilish, Big Danish Artist + Fred Again/PJ Harvey/The National, these are my predictions for headliners by day 

10 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Usually at 10:00.

Foo Fighters + Pulp, Travis Scott/Bad Bunny, SZA/Billie Eilish, Big Danish Artist + Fred Again/PJ Harvey/The National, these are my predictions for headliners by day 

That would be pretty solid. Would just need the obligatory death metal bands and weird pop stuff on the Thursday in Arena and id be already fully content!

Edited by FrogLobster

20 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Don't think it'll be names that big, the ones last year for this time weren't that big 

Burna Boy and Christine And The Queens were both announced in first batch this time last year and were both late-night headliners on Orange. Plus Denzel Curry and Rina in Arena playing decent slots.

I could see it being Foos as the big one then a bunch of rando Danish acts for the locals to eat up.

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Don't think it'll be names that big, the ones last year for this time weren't that big 

2023 was a weird year for music as there were not many artists touring, and the big ones were doing solo shows only. So basically all the festivals had the same headliners like Blur and Kendrick, so in therms of popularity it was one of the weakest years of Roskilde. I still liked it tho, it’s just having Lizzo and Burna Boy as headliners is not something that usual. Next year we have rumours of Foo Fighters, Bad Bunny, I’ve even read about Madonna and Bruce Springsteen, so I expect a very solid and packed lineup. Probably something like this:

Big rock band for older audience, so Foo Fighters comes to my mind. Heard about Green Day and Bruce Springsteen but I doubt it. For the opening acts things like PJ Harvey, The National and Pulp seem very probable. Don’t think they can be considered headliners tho. 

Big pop star, from what I’ve read around, SZA, Lana del Rey and Billie Eilish are the only ones touring. Madonna or Rihanna seem too excessive.

Big rap/trap name, so Travis Scott and Bad Bunny seem very probable.

And of course one big danish name and maybe a big electronic name, so things like Artigeardit and Fred Again seem probable.

Ofc at the end we might end up with totally random names that no one expected, but for now this seem the most probable names.