Deer Shed 2024

zahidf

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Was hoping for twickets to come good with some cheap ones but not looking good at the moment

i should stop being so tight and pay up!

There were some on twickets last week. Now the weather is looking sweet it might be a bit tighter. 

They did say they were down to the last 100 adult tickets a couple of weeks ago. I would say I think the tickets are pretty reasonably priced but buying off Twickets helps someone who can't go get some coin back too.

9 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Was hoping for twickets to come good with some cheap ones but not looking good at the moment

i should stop being so tight and pay up!

It is a lot of money. It's worth it but that doesn't mean it's not a significant chunk of money. I remember when Glastonbury was cheaper than Deershed is now. Everything's so expensive these days but wages haven't gone up by the same amount. 🤷‍♂️

Been working away but snapped up an early bird ticket last week for a great price. Not many up now though.....

Anyway, anyone in need of a lift from the North East to Baldersby Park travelling down first thing Friday and back up Monday AM? 

Travelling solo and plenty of room in big car so get in touch if needed. No charge.

On 7/22/2024 at 10:24 PM, flaws said:

It is a lot of money. It's worth it but that doesn't mean it's not a significant chunk of money. I remember when Glastonbury was cheaper than Deershed is now. Everything's so expensive these days but wages haven't gone up by the same amount. 🤷‍♂️

I hope my post didn't sound like I was suggesting a couple of hundred quid is nothing to worry about. I was more comparing the price to other similar sized, family festivals. 

We did a bit of looking around to maybe try something different this year and Deer Shed came out looking the best value by a mile. But yeah - the general cost of festivals (and the cost of putting festivals on) has soared and wages definitely haven't followed. 

£189 for a weekend isn't too bad when we paid £60 to just camp in a field for the weekend in Yorkshire a month ago. The entertainment there was a nice view, some midges and warm shower. But having a couple of hundred quid to spare for a festival is a privilege in these times.

Festivals are struggling, the people that want to go are struggling to afford them. Urgh - I hope things get easier all round.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's been a few years since I last went to Deer Shed.

Does anyone who has been recently know if there are any facilities in general camping to get a breakfast in the morning rather than trudging towards the arena?

Trying to cut down on unnecessary coolboxes etc as flying solo. I'll have my aeropress and a stove but would love a bacon sarnie from a van rather than lugging all the cooking stuff to do my own.

7 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

I hope my post didn't sound like I was suggesting a couple of hundred quid is nothing to worry about. I was more comparing the price to other similar sized, family festivals. 

We did a bit of looking around to maybe try something different this year and Deer Shed came out looking the best value by a mile. But yeah - the general cost of festivals (and the cost of putting festivals on) has soared and wages definitely haven't followed. 

£189 for a weekend isn't too bad when we paid £60 to just camp in a field for the weekend in Yorkshire a month ago. The entertainment there was a nice view, some midges and warm shower. But having a couple of hundred quid to spare for a festival is a privilege in these times.

Festivals are struggling, the people that want to go are struggling to afford them. Urgh - I hope things get easier all round.

I don't think your comment sounded like that at all. I think you were saying it's worth it especially considering how much it would cost to camp in the school holidays. 

4 hours ago, Copperface said:

It's been a few years since I last went to Deer Shed.

Does anyone who has been recently know if there are any facilities in general camping to get a breakfast in the morning rather than trudging towards the arena?

Trying to cut down on unnecessary coolboxes etc as flying solo. I'll have my aeropress and a stove but would love a bacon sarnie from a van rather than lugging all the cooking stuff to do my own.

It's a small site so it's never far to get food etc and as Night Tripper says, I think there are a couple of stalls by the arena entrance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flaws said:

It's a small site so it's never far to get food etc and as Night Tripper says, I think there are a couple of stalls by the arena entrance. 

That's what I remember. Cheers.

Overall lovely festival, very very easy to get in and out with your camping stuff, the easiest by miles that ive been to.

everything easy to access and nothing far away. Camping was extremely spacious. I assume its like that by design but equally felt a bit under sold which isnt surprising with the state of 2024 economics.

didnt feel weird being a couple there without kids but at the same time there are just so, so many children including right down the front of shows which was at times nice and at times surprising or annoying if the parents just stand there and chat…..

its advertised as family friendly and it certainly is but as a result it has no edge to it whatsoever and is basically a village fete!

some great acts but quite a few let down by very average sound quality. Man woman chainsaw on the main stage were brilliant but the sound was an absolute joke. Headliners were fine but feel like artists lower down got a raw deal sometimes. Even the sound for the comedy was questionable.

beer / cider promised a lot but didnt really deliver. Most we tried were pretty average. Never waited long so thats good.

food was generally very good although quite expensive. Some good stuff if you shopped around including a decent burger and fries from fat hippo for £10 which is good these days for a filling adult meal. Everything else was £12-£13. Gyoza stand was decent food.

no idea what was going on with the water / taps. Assume it got tested before they opened and condemned as not safe to drink so they had to find other last minute solutions including handing out free 2L bottles of single use plastics they had previously banned 😂 never seen anything like it. 

Convenience and ease 10/10 helped as i only live in leeds so very nearby. Would go again if the lineup was speaking to me. If not then would look elsewhere.

Edited by Memory Man

We had a great time again! Some great acts throughout the weekend and CMAT was an incredible closer. There were some issues for the first two acts on the main stage but they got sorted by the time Liz Lawrence was on. There's always loads of room in the campsite (apparently it almost sold out this year.) The overall convenience of this festival can't be underestimated (5-10 minutes from the car to the campsite). We live forty minutes away so it's a no brainer for us. Best value food of the weekend had to be the paella (£13 for a large portion which was more that  enough for two). Best bands of the weekend for us, besides CMAT, were Personal Trainer, Deadletter, The Coral and Home Counties. The programming could've been looked at a bit more in my opinion. Kokoko were too niche for the main stage and should've been swapped with Personal Trainer who'd have gone down a storm. The Home Counties / Flamingods clash was a bitch and there was a few too many chilled acts on the main stage were the momentum was lost a bit (I'm looking at you Bess Atwell!) We've been taking our daughter sin e she was 2 months old and she's twelve now and still wants to go so they must be doing something right!

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Overall lovely festival, very very easy to get in and out with your camping stuff, the easiest by miles that ive been to.

everything easy to access and nothing far away. Camping was extremely spacious. I assume its like that by design but equally felt a bit under sold which isnt surprising with the state of 2024 economics.

didnt feel weird being a couple there without kids but at the same time there are just so, so many children including right down the front of shows which was at times nice and at times surprising or annoying if the parents just stand there and chat…..

its advertised as family friendly and it certainly is but as a result it has no edge to it whatsoever and is basically a village fete!

some great acts but quite a few let down by very average sound quality. Man woman chainsaw on the main stage were brilliant but the sound was an absolute joke. Headliners were fine but feel like artists lower down got a raw deal sometimes. Even the sound for the comedy was questionable.

beer / cider promised a lot but didnt really deliver. Most we tried were pretty average. Never waited long so thats good.

food was generally very good although quite expensive. Some good stuff if you shopped around including a decent burger and fries from fat hippo for £10 which is good these days for a filling adult meal. Everything else was £12-£13. Gyoza stand was decent food.

no idea what was going on with the water / taps. Assume it got tested before they opened and condemned as not safe to drink so they had to find other last minute solutions including handing out free 2L bottles of single use plastics they had previously banned 😂 never seen anything like it. 

Convenience and ease 10/10 helped as i only live in leeds so very nearby. Would go again if the lineup was speaking to me. If not then would look elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2024 at 9:27 AM, cheesey_toastie said:

Deer Shed is definitely on my future festivals list. Any festivals over 200 quid are struck off my list now because I just can't justify spending that much (you've got to draw the line somewhere). I like to support the smaller grassroots stuff too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanWeRest said:

Deer Shed is definitely on my future festivals list. Any festivals over 200 quid are struck off my list now because I just can't justify spending that much (you've got to draw the line somewhere). I like to support the smaller grassroots stuff too.

Early bird tickets already sold out. They're on tier one now which, if memory serves me, tends to sell out before any announcements are made. They do offer 10 months payment plans though!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The Night Tripper said:

Early bird tickets already sold out. They're on tier one now which, if memory serves me, tends to sell out before any announcements are made. They do offer 10 months payment plans though!

Don't think I'll be going for it this year, but will keep not in mind for next. Green Man is also on my list (and I know that sells out super quick too).