NOS Alive 2024

TheNewUnion

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Thursday is a great run of bands. 

Agree. 

Strange slot for Uknown Mortal Orchestra, but it is a solid line up. I also enjoy the Heineken on the friday, and since I am not a big fan of Pearl Jam, the Saturday is just terrible. 

Ended up buying only the first day.

How busy does the 2nd stage get, and how long of a walk is it to/from the main area? 

Main issue is only really Khruangbin to Pearl Jam. 

I'd have swapped Khruangbin and The Breeders. 

11 hours ago, Karl_Mcr said:

How busy does the 2nd stage get, and how long of a walk is it to/from the main area? 

Main issue is only really Khruangbin to Pearl Jam. 

I'd have swapped Khruangbin and The Breeders. 

You can practically see and hear the main stage from the 2nd stage. It's very close by.

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2024 at 3:21 PM, Bazac450 said:

any idea if cash is accepted inside the venue? or is it just card?

I honestly can't remember. I think it was but I wouldn't base any plans on my day so.  Sorry, I know that's no help!

Do we know if the Arcade Fire show is the 20th Anniversary Funeral show, or just a regular set. I've a foot in both camps, but the Funeral one would be something a bit different to what I've seen them so before. 

20 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I honestly can't remember. I think it was but I wouldn't base any plans on my day so.  Sorry, I know that's no help!

Last year it was accepted. It had an ATM machine inside. Since other festivals in Portugal already moved to Cashless solutions, I would say it is a possibility, but it should have been announced.

19 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Do we know if the Arcade Fire show is the 20th Anniversary Funeral show, or just a regular set. I've a foot in both camps, but the Funeral one would be something a bit different to what I've seen them so before. 

I think it is a regular show (unfortunately)

21 minutes ago, Yokai said:

I think it is a regular show (unfortunately)

Oh well. Hopefully I'll catch them on The Suburbs 20th Anniversary tour in 2030!

Regardless, I'm sure it'll be a great set. It always is. Rococo is my number one wish, but I'd take Modern Man too. 

On 7/5/2024 at 3:21 PM, Bazac450 said:

any idea if cash is accepted inside the venue? or is it just card?

Yes, it accepts cash, there are some festivals in Portugal that have started using bracelets.

Honestly, Portuguese Festivals are behind at this point. Beers can be the cheapest in Europe at festivals but it takes a long time to wait for them.
I remember when I went to Rock Werchter I was surprised at how quickly I gave the ticket and not even 1 minute before I already had beer in my hand.

What an awesome first day.

UMO were great, Parcels deserved the main stage but was probably the best show I saw at Heineken ever, Jessie Ware was perfect, Black Pumas did great, was expecting to leave to go have dinner and I couldn't and an awesome setlist by Arcade Fire (No Cars Gooooo). 

Smashing pumpkins were the only down for me.

Hope next year they improve the line up but expecting the worst. 

2 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Dua Lipa a bit meh really. 

I liked it, she has a great setlist. The only bad part is that these are type of concerts that are 100% staged and planned and dont leave room for many surprises

I loved Dua Lipa show! I went only for her and she didn't disappoint. I'm glad she played These Walls. And the setlist was really good. The show went so fast... by curiosity, I looked at my watch and it was only 1h of show. Around me, people loved the show and set-list too but the songs from "Future Nostalgia" are def the ones that got the best reaction.

It was my second year at Nos Alive and I hope to be back next year. I love Lisbon, the festival is great and crowd less boring than in Belgium - even if I excepted more crazyness. After doing shows in Sweden, Italy and Portugal this Summer, I really don't wanna do festivals in Belgium anymore...

• Upvote 1