2025 Headliners

Fender - Liam Gallagher

Gaga - Vampire Weekend

Fred Again - Sabrina Carpenter

Legend - Aerosmith*

With George Ezra as an Other headliner ready to step up if Gaga falls through or Sam drops out due to illness. 

*Lost track of what’s going on with Aerosmith so if they’ve broken up or all died or something then soz. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Fender - Liam Gallagher

Gaga - Vampire Weekend

Legend - Aerosmith*

With George Ezra as an Other headliner ready to step up if Gaga falls through or Sam drops out due to illness. 

*Lost track of what’s going on with Aerosmith so if they’ve broken up or all died or something then soz. 

Aero is on their "farewell" tour which ends in Feb of 2025. But if you thought Cyndi and Shania had bad vocals, wait for Steven Tyler.

1 hour ago, adms said:

Long over due a dance act on the pyramid- Chemical Brothers would kill a Sunday night headliner?

The Chems have admitted they like doing Other Stage and dont wanna do the Pyramid again. So its easily Fred Again if its next year or 2027. All Fred has to do is just refine his show a little bit and itll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Aero is on their "farewell" tour which ends in Feb of 2025. But if you thought Cyndi and Shania had bad vocals, wait for Steven Tyler.

if Diana Ross survived with her career intact, Tyler would be fine. Probably more of an issue that judging by Wikipedia they can’t go more than five minutes without falling out. Stormer if it happens though. 

14 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Fender - Liam Gallagher

Gaga - Vampire Weekend

Legend - Aerosmith*

In no world is Liam subbing for Sam Fender. 

He'd do it for Macca, The Who, the Stones or someone legendary for sure. His ego wouldn't allow it for Fender I'm certain of it and to be honest I don't really blame him either. 

2 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

In no world is Liam subbing for Sam Fender. 

He'd do it for Macca, The Who, the Stones or someone legendary for sure. His ego wouldn't allow it for Fender I'm certain of it and to be honest I don't really blame him either. 

He did it for The Killers but fair enough. Maybe Gerry Cinnamon or something. Idk I’m not really up on what the bucket hat crowd are into at the moment. 

On 6/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, FrogLobster said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Fred Again, Depeche Mode

Pulp subbing Fred.

Not sure where DM is coming from? I think Pulp will sub but Emily and Co have made a massive hash of a lot of this festival and in my opinion it's time to get a booker in place that has a clue.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Gaga

Fred Again

Dave

I'd change it to Gaga, Fred Again, Fender based on them. But I think Olivia will be over Gaga. I'm almost certain they book book two female headliners within the next two years unless it was with Gaga and Olivia available. 

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I happened to be at the last gig (Elmont) before the original tour was cancelled. They tore the place apart, albeit Tyler obviously f**ked his voice in the process. 

They need to get more professional with the booking of pyramid headliners and have genuine back up plans. Every time they’ve gone hard after a white whale that’s failed they’ve been left scrambling around for a headliner…

2011: Failed to get Prince, ended up bumping up Beyoncé

2014: Failed to get Prince, ended up with Metallica 

2015: Failed to get Prince, ended up with the Who 

2019: Failed to get Fleetwood Mac, ended up with the Killers 

2023: Failed to get Rihanna, ended up with GnR 

2024: Failed to get Madonna, ended up bumping up SZA 

Obviously some of those worked out great, some were fine but uninspired, some flat out failed. 

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They need to get more professional with the booking of pyramid headliners and have genuine back up plans. Every time they’ve gone hard after a white whale that’s failed they’ve been left scrambling around for a headliner…

Obviously some of those worked out great, some were fine but uninspired, some flat out failed. 

Rihanna was unfortunate because she got pregnant. The others were always ambitious shouts likely to fall through but they clearly got used to the idea there’d always be a massive stadium filling act ready to step in if necessary. And that strategy fell flat on its face this year, sadly. 

11 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Rihanna was unfortunate because she got pregnant. The others were always ambitious shouts likely to fall through but they clearly got used to the idea there’d always be a massive stadium filling act ready to step in if necessary. And that strategy fell flat on its face this year, sadly. 

They could have got away with bumping Lizzo up last year. I think the backlash from them not doing that inspired them this year to bump SZA. 

Equality and diversity is important, but it shouldn’t be the sole factor in booking decisions. 

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They could have got away with bumping Lizzo up last year. I think the backlash from them not doing that inspired them this year to bump SZA. 

Equality and diversity is important, but it shouldn’t be the sole factor in booking decisions. 

Yea being in Lizzo's crowd it felt like that definitely should've happened. And felt like an easy opportunity for more diversity on the top line.

23 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I guess they still have to be ambitious with their bookings. Glasto is still the premier festival in the UK and it should always aim for the absolute best, but I get your point.

What I don't understand with the booking system across the whole site is that each area/stage book their own lineup, isn't that right?

If West Holts lands Sugababes and it's known that the thirst for nostalgia is huge these days and the growing pop-focused/accepted line-ups, why can't they just switch them to the Pyramid? They had to shut the field for them. Why not just say, "You did well there WH landing them, but we want as many people to see them as possible, so we're giving them a bigger stage."?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but there were a number of strange bookings or placements this year. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I guess they still have to be ambitious with their bookings. Glasto is still the premier festival in the UK and it should always aim for the absolute best, but I get your point.

What I don't understand with the booking system across the whole site is that each area/stage book their own lineup, isn't that right?

If West Holts lands Sugababes and it's known that the thirst for nostalgia is huge these days and the growing pop-focused/accepted line-ups, why can't they just switch them to the Pyramid? They had to shut the field for them. Why not just say, "You did well there WH landing them, but we want as many people to see them as possible, so we're giving them a bigger stage."?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but there were a number of strange bookings or placements this year. 

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t saying they shouldn’t be ambitious, just that they should have more robust back up plans when it doesn’t come through. 

Absolutely agree with your points, this year more than ever looked like 4 or 5 different festivals booked in isolation without any crossover thought to the process. For example Sugababes & Avril both should have been on the Pyramid, whereas PJ Harvey & Janelle Monae would have benefited being on a smaller stage.  

45 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'd be interested to hear how they co-ordinate their bookings across the stages. It's clearly something that needs work. As far as i can remember Emily and her partner do Pyramid and Other but surely there needs to be site wide co-ordination. Having said that if you've got a weak line up like this year, your hands will become a little tied no matter what.

23 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I'd be interested to hear how they co-ordinate their bookings across the stages. It's clearly something that needs work. As far as i can remember Emily and her partner do Pyramid and Other but surely there needs to be site wide co-ordination. Having said that if you've got a weak line up like this year, your hands will become a little tied no matter what.

It just seems like every year at the moment - perhaps because of the increase in the amount of people going, there's always someone who is majorly overly subscribed. It happened once or twice before ten years ago, but now Barry Can't Swim and Sugababes are shutting fields down on the same day. Not even small areas like Glade, but the ruddy Park and WH. 

The line-up personally for me this year was also very weak and I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Perhaps all the planets and stars didn't align this time. Or perhaps as they've tried to expand the festival and have more decent acts on the Thursday night, this has taken some artists away from the main Fri-Sun days? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t saying they shouldn’t be ambitious, just that they should have more robust back up plans when it doesn’t come through. 

Absolutely agree with your points, this year more than ever looked like 4 or 5 different festivals booked in isolation without any crossover thought to the process. For example Sugababes & Avril both should have been on the Pyramid, whereas PJ Harvey & Janelle Monae would have benefited being on a smaller stage.  

Yeah, I agree with all this, not sure I entirely agree with your earlier point about them needing it more professional about the headliners…

I think Beyoncé, Metallica, Killers and even GNR were good-very good bookings. The Who were uninspired but are an all time act. SZA is the only one that that has gone really south, by accounts.

Maybe it is professionalism but How easy is it to have a genuine Pyramid headliner on call as back-up?  

Could it not be, if they could have booked someone better they would have done and if someone is willing to be a back-up it is likely because they aren’t popular enough or are uninspired?

13 minutes ago, DJL said:

Yeah, I agree with all this, not sure I entirely agree with your earlier point about them needing it more professional about the headliners…

I think Beyoncé, Metallica, Killers and even GNR were good-very good bookings. The Who were uninspired but are an all time act. SZA is the only one that that has gone really south, by accounts.

Maybe it is professionalism but How easy is it to have a genuine Pyramid headliner on call as back-up?  

Could it not be, if they could have booked someone better they would have done and if someone is willing to be a back-up it is likely because they aren’t popular enough or are uninspired?

The Killers and the Who were uninspired but fine, Metallica & GnR were risks for the audience but ultimately paid off, yet everybody knows they would never have been Glastonbury’s first choices. I think people forget that in 2011 Beyoncé wasn’t the same power house she is now, she subbed T in the Park that year so by all accounts it was a ‘risk’ to bump her to headline, one that did pay off. 

I agree SZA is the only one where it’s gone really south.  I think the issue this year with SZA was more that the festival felt the need to have another female headliner, so when Madonna fell through rather than going to a more suitable option they chose to bump SZA. Ironically last year when the same situation happened with Rihanna, they could and should have bumped Lizzo but chose not to. 

Maybe professional was the wrong word. But what I meant was, when they go after these elusive white whale bookings (Prince, Fleetwood Mac, Madonna) they seem to put all their eggs in that basket  & don’t seem to have a strong contingency when it inevitably fails. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
  • Upvote 1