2025 Headliners

2 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I'm confused by how the collaboration between the stages works too.  Landing Sugababes can't have been a particular coup for the WH team (the Sugababes recent tours have involved some fairly modest venues), or a WH-specific booking.  But a glance at the Friday afternoon schedule indicates to even a fairly casual music fan that they will likely pull vs the other acts scheduled.  So why not swap them with (for example) Bombay Bicycle Club on the Other?  How much input do the acts get?  IDLES vs Fontaines DC was pretty weird too.  And Janelle Monae - Burna Boy - SZA appeared to stack the risk of a modest crowd.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I was told on eFests by the previous owner that WH stopped being able to book bigger acts (at the time obv) like Ceelo Green, Big Boi, Black Eyed Peas, the Jacksons because they were then taken to bigger stages like Pyramid or Other for a wider audience.

Maybe it's really just a case of the perfect storm of not having enough of a pool of artists to choose from this summer, the need for ticking boxes for diversity sake, and just plain poor scheduling.

2 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I'm confused by how the collaboration between the stages works too.  Landing Sugababes can't have been a particular coup for the WH team (the Sugababes recent tours have involved some fairly modest venues), or a WH-specific booking.  But a glance at the Friday afternoon schedule indicates to even a fairly casual music fan that they will likely pull vs the other acts scheduled.  So why not swap them with (for example) Bombay Bicycle Club on the Other?  How much input do the acts get?  IDLES vs Fontaines DC was pretty weird too.  And Janelle Monae - Burna Boy - SZA appeared to stack the risk of a modest crowd.

From what little I know of the subject (friend of a friend is in the industry) it isn’t always as easy as just swapping an artist across stages. The contracts are often signed for a specific stage. Sometimes the artists want a specific stage. Glastonbury has done it where they’ve been able to give people a bump up when an act has cancelled but just making people move to a smaller stage (as BBC would have been doing) is much trickier.

41 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

I find it mad on here that people talk about Green Day as a sub. They are one of the biggest bands in the world. Pyramid headliner or nowt - but I probably think the festival couldn't afford them

No-one with any sense thinks they'd do anything other than headline Pyramid, if they do an advertised slot. Them subbing would absolutely not happen.

I'd say the festival could afford them though, and Billie Joe has attended the festival as a punter, so is far more likely to be amenable to doing it.

6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

She loves Sabrina.. although she hasn’t become a threat yet. 

She will in August. Except Jack Antonoff being a producer on a lot of songs means that she will be kept in check. Also their theory is that Jack just produces albums for these other female artists so Taylor can then steal the sonics and aesthetics for herself. Pretty clear when tortured poets is trying to be a Lana record which she shouldnt be attemtping. People already dont want Chappell to work with Jack cause of this.

Just now, Suprefan said:

She will in August. Except Jack Antonoff being a producer on a lot of songs means that she will be kept in check. Also their theory is that Jack just produces albums for these other female artists so Taylor can then steal the sonics and aesthetics for herself. Pretty clear when tortured poets is trying to be a Lana record which she shouldnt be attemtping. People already dont want Chappell to work with Jack cause of this.

There’s a much better reason not to work with Jack, namely that his production style is incredibly tired. Not sure any conspiracy theories are needed. 

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fred again..

Olivia Rodrigo

Stevie Wonder 

Teatime slot: Girls Aloud 

I think that would be a good lineup. 

Probably the best suggestion I’ve seen in terms of appealing to as many different groups as possible. Find a way to get Fender in there too and that’d blow this year out of the water. 

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There’s a much better reason not to work with Jack, namely that his production style is incredibly tired. Not sure any conspiracy theories are needed. 

This may be anecdotal based on one act, but I started listening a lot to Clairo and think that Sling, her second album, is the worst produced. That one is Antonoff's, funnily enough.

On 6/16/2024 at 11:42 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd agree with the over hype.  I think he's good, but not special, however dance acts aren't my wheelhouse and he's massively popular so I could be way off the mark.

Let's be honest, Skrillex headlining The Other was a great set and a great night.  If he can pull that off then why not Fred on the Pyramid?

Fred is the biggest example of the Emperor's new clothes since the record industry crowned Mumford and Gurners. He is absolute bobbins and having seen him play in Oz he'll draw a big crowd that grows rapidly disinterested, because people have been told he's good so much (and we all know why...) their brains have accepted it. Seriously, shite. 

Can sadly see it happening. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

This may be anecdotal based on one act, but I started listening a lot to Clairo and think that Sling, her second album, is the worst produced. That one is Antonoff's, funnily enough.

I love Ameoba but in general, yep. And what’s more, the two songs she’s put out so far from her new one, after abandoning the Antonoffonator, sound back to her best. Just like has happened with St Vincent.

Hopefully Taylor will move on soon too. 

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I love Ameoba but in general, yep. And what’s more, the two songs she’s put out so far from her new one, after abandoning the Antonoffonator, sound back to her best. Just like has happened with St Vincent.

Hopefully Taylor will move on soon too. 

I mean I got into St Vincent through Massseduction and I like some of the songs on Daddy's Home, so I'm not gonna slag off Antonoff's work with STV that much.

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fred again..

Olivia Rodrigo

Stevie Wonder 

Teatime slot: Girls Aloud 

I think that would be a good lineup. 

What happened to Green Day?

First two yes but I don't see Stevie there ever again. I would change him to Fender. They really should not have trouble finding 3 headliners that fit the bill and work next year. I very much doubt they would have this year had they not been so determined to go the direction they did.

I'm not sure Girls Aloud would get that slot or will be asked for it. Spice Girls surely have to be in with a chance. With how packed that field gets though, I'm not sure putting them on at 4pm is a safe option.

Spice girls would be a very good legend choice; half the crowd would be desperate to be there, and the other half would be equally as desperate to get to anywhere else and avoid it like the galloping plague that it would be.

Um, I know which group I’m in 😁

4 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Let's get the ball rolling with some rumours for 2025, coming from the other place... obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but not much else to go on.

Matt42 of former efests fame saying Fred Again... to do either 2027 or 2025 if a slot becomes available. And also Stevie Wonder to do 2025 after trying to get him this year. Just throwing it out there...

Is Matt somehow ITK now? Because when he was on here his predictions changed from week to week and he was so full of sh*t it was hard to keep up....

That's ignoring the fact that the festival sure as hell aren't booking headliners 3 years in advance, nor is an act of Fred Again's stature booking tours that far in advance.

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Spice girls would be a very good legend choice; half the crowd would be desperate to be there, and the other half would be equally as desperate to get to anywhere else and avoid it like the galloping plague that it would be.

Um, I know which group I’m in 😁

Can't see Spice Girls reforming (or coming back as a 4-piece again like 2019) and doing a 1hr daytime set for peanuts. Would be Elton crowd levels too, utterly rammed.

They'll go like Take That, doing their own stadium/arena tours for $$$$$

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Is Matt somehow ITK now? Because when he was on here his predictions changed from week to week and he was so full of sh*t it was hard to keep up....

I think he's maybe had some ok info in the recent past, to be honest I just wanted to discuss any sort of rumour to get the ball rolling

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

That's ignoring the fact that the festival sure as hell aren't booking headliners 3 years in advance, nor is an act of Fred Again's stature booking tours that far in advance.

He wouldnt need to book a tour 3 years in advance, he's clearly up for playing it whenever cause he popped up this year again

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Finding out that Antanoff is producing the Sabrina album is like finding out someone used ASDA instant coffee in an espresso martini ffs.

Edited by FrogLobster