2025 Headliners

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That Saturday would probably end up going down as my favourite ever evening of music if it happened...

She's a weird one in that she's mega popular on streams and seemingly elsewhere in the world, but that doesn't tend to translate to the size of her live crowds at festivals. 

Will be interesting to see the size of crowd she gets at R&L this summer

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

No idea how likely this would be but I’ve had a go: 

PYRAMID: Fred again.. / Kasabian / Aerosmith 

OTHER: Catfish and the Bottlemen 

PYRAMID: Olivia Rodrigo / Pulp / Phoebe Bridgers 

OTHER: J Hus

PYRAMID: Stevie Wonder / Raye / Sabrina Carpenter / Girls Aloud (Teatime slot) 

OTHER: The Prodigy 

Won't aerosmith be done and dusted by then with the farewell tour?

Friday
Pyramid - Fred Again.., Noah Kahan, Tears for Fears, Luke Combs
Other - Biffy Clyro, Sabrina Carpenter
West Holts - Nile Rodgers and Chic
Woodsies - Robyn
Park - Self Esteem

Saturday
Pyramid - Lady Gaga, Liam Gallagher, Jorja Smith, Tyla
Other - Chase and Status, Madness
West Holts - Rufus Du Sol
Woodsies - Underworld
Park - The Flaming Lips

Sunday
Pyramid - Stevie Wonder, Paramore, Hozier, Annie Lennox(legend)
Other - Charli XCX, Glass Animals
West Holts - Summer Walker
Woodsies - Pendulum
Park - Gabriels

43 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Woodsies - Robyn
Park - Self Esteem

Saturday
Woodsies - Underworld
Park - The Flaming Lips

Sunday
Woodsies - Pendulum
Park - Gabriels

This genuinely looks like a lot like a Glastonbury line up, fair play.

I don't know if Liam's team would agree to sub again in 2025 - he'd pull a bigger crowd than anyone on that line up other than Gaga, but would be a big get if they managed to secure him in that position.

Also would put Nile Rodgers & Chic daytime Pyramid personally, but no idea what billing they aim for these days.

I would like to think they'd have at least one headliner/sub representing hip hop or grime (although Glastonbury is not great at that), so maybe someone like J Hus or Skepta or Tyler the Creator headlining Other instead of Biffy, although I guess that would have a fair bit of crossover with Fred, so could move them to Sunday but Fred vs. Charli XCX is also bit of a nightmare gen Z clash so fk knows.

Most realistic shout I've seen so far anyway!

Edited by sildante

7 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

You just don't get it; there is ZERO PERCENT its going to happen, apparently. 😄

Should we bet that if Fred plays and you get a ticket that you have to return your ticket when balance window opens? Im sure you wouldnt because you would be inviting the 1% chance of it happening. Sorry but the changes are coming and you gotta live with it. This is likely the best chance they can have an electronic musician headline and its clear that itll draw a crowd. And he is british so that helps a ton. Who gives a toss if he doesnt have number 1's or not. I mean if they really want to make it interesting they should have him do half a live set and the other half is a dj set to close it out and itll be a total party. 

2 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

I'm going for:

Pyramid headliners: harry styles, Depeche mode, spice girls

Other headliners: BMTH, J hus/doja cat, nick cave

Legends slot: pulp/talking heads (wishful thinking)

Where is emily getting the money for talking heads. They said no to $10 mil and to $75 mil already. They dont need exposure either as David Byrne still has a nice solo career going.

2 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Woodsies - Robyn
Park - Self Esteem

Saturday
Woodsies - Underworld
Park - The Flaming Lips

Sunday
Woodsies - Pendulum
Park - Gabriels

Good bet but Liam subbing again is unlikely imo.

2 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Woodsies - Robyn
Park - Self Esteem

Saturday
Woodsies - Underworld
Park - The Flaming Lips

Sunday
Woodsies - Pendulum
Park - Gabriels

Luke Combs would be unbelievable but just don't get the impression he would ever play. 

55 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Where is emily getting the money for talking heads. They said no to $10 mil and to $75 mil already. They dont need exposure either as David Byrne still has a nice solo career going.

Ah sorry, I don't know every single money rejection every band has ever made.....

Edited by Mcbatesman

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Should we bet that if Fred plays and you get a ticket that you have to return your ticket when balance window opens? Im sure you wouldnt because you would be inviting the 1% chance of it happening. Sorry but the changes are coming and you gotta live with it. This is likely the best chance they can have an electronic musician headline and its clear that itll draw a crowd. And he is british so that helps a ton. Who gives a toss if he doesnt have number 1's or not. I mean if they really want to make it interesting they should have him do half a live set and the other half is a dj set to close it out and itll be a total party. 

My post was sarcasm; I was quoting another poster who in capitals said there is ZERO PERCENT chance. I'm fully supportive of Fred headlining. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Fred sold 75,000 tickets with 5 days notice for a stadium gig in America just  3 weeks ago. Glasto was outright scared about even putting him anywhere near the crowds this past weekend so he did Strummerville. Where is the part that Fred cant headline? 

IMG_1255.jpeg

I mean, fair play - I thought it was dumb only giving 5 days notice, but a crowd showed up alright.

He's headlining Reading, so clearly he's on the UK festival bookers' radar.

Surely must be The Weeknd’s time now, about to drop his last album under that name. One of the biggest stars out there and best performers. Did a Super Bowl, did stadiums.

for those saying he wouldn’t take the fee, I remember an excerpt from a interview a few years ago where he says there’s certain things legends do and headlining Glastonbury is one of them and for him to be a legend he must do the same so the desire is definitely there.

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, fair play - I thought it was dumb only giving 5 days notice, but a crowd showed up alright.

He's headlining Reading, so clearly he's on the UK festival bookers' radar.

Live Nation had him as a fest exclusive this year for the Uk and North America so it kinda of came into play with the last minute thing. The week prior he sold out 4 shows in san francisco which totalled another 50,000 tickets. Theres demand and itll just be on him about whats next.

Theres a rumored tour for him in the fall  for the u.s and hopefully it isnt announced like this  because people hate the feeling its their only chance to see an artist and then make travel arrangements.  I mean it does work in terms of sales but theres limits. Especially in this economy. I doubt Ill see him again unless its at a festival and there is nothing else against him either. I saw the audience change within a year and its only gotten worse in my eyes. Emily should def look into skrillex as an Other headliner and then people will assume Fred will surface and thatll be another way to draw a huge crowd against a Pyramid headliner.

FRIDAY:

Pyramid - Raye, Dave, Tears For Fears, Sabrina Carpenter

Other - Bring Me The Horizon, Chappell Roan

West Holts - FKA Twigs

Woodsies - Robyn

Park - The Smile

SATURDAY:

Pyramid - Rihanna, Bon Iver, Noah Kahan, Judas Priest

Other - Vampire Weekend, Gracie Abrams

West Holts - Erykah Badu

Woodsies - St Vincent

Park - Barry Can't Swim

SUNDAY:

Pyramid - Stevie Wonder, Megan Thee Stallion, Rosalia, Cher

Other - Charli XCX, Weezer

West Holts - Nas

Woodsies - Deftones

Park - Beth Gibbons

William Hill currently have odds for next year so I came on here to check what the rumors are, Fred Again is 3/1 so I guess they're following this chat. I could see him headlining although there seemed to be less hype about him now than there was last year. I'd say Childish Gambino will definitely play as he's retiring after next album apparently. Chappell Roan will probably play too given the current hype around her and she'll probably have a new album out by then. Maybe Phoebe Bridgers too.

Edited by addicted2noise

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

David Byrne for legend slot would be cool tbf. His American Utopia shows looked like fun.

That show is amazing, one of the best live acts I’ve seen. But, I don’t think he’d be appreciated in the legends slot (anymore). He’d be better suited to headlining West Holts. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly