2025 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

TS taking a discount challenge: impossible

i think she gets the prestige of Glastonbury more than we appreciate. she took the discount once, why wouldnt she again?

she has made insane money on the ERAs tour. i think at some point doing a show for your legacy has more value than money at a certain point.

Just now, Monty Pythagoras said:

Fred, O-Rod, Billy Joel

Paramore and Sabrina Capenter on the lineup on O-Rod’s day.

Sam Smith subbing one night.

you would cause the biggest internet gossip drama if they had Paramore and Sabrina Carpenter with O Rod. One artist that she had to give credit for a song cause she copied it and the other is the subject of her first hit single. Thats one way to get eyeballs. 

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

i think she gets the prestige of Glastonbury more than we appreciate. she took the discount once, why wouldnt she again?

she has made insane money on the ERAs tour. i think at some point doing a show for your legacy has more value than money at a certain point.

She wasnt charging nearly the same rate pre eras as she is now. I think she already  has the legacy thing sorted? Most over exposed artist being paid with exposure she could get on her own doesnt seem that interesting to her ego.  And rumor was you would have to book the stage lineup to her liking. So Taylor and friends is a compromise theyre willing to make? 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

She wasnt charging nearly the same rate pre eras as she is now. I think she already  has the legacy thing sorted? Most over exposed artist being paid with exposure she could get on her own doesnt seem that interesting to her ego.  And rumor was you would have to book the stage lineup to her liking. So Taylor and friends is a compromise theyre willing to make? 

Whatever she agreed to in 2020 would still have been a massive pay cut though

Just now, Suprefan said:

She told Coachella she wanted $15 million per weekend this year and they said no. I think massive paycut is a bit diff now than in 2020. 

It comes down to whether she wants to do it on a personal level, as it does with any big American artist playing the festival. Foo Fighters/ Killers etc will do that, plenty clearly won't. Taylor might and she did last time. Clearly her pulling power has risen & she is the biggest act on the planet currently but stranger things have happened....

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Much as it would be one for the history books, it's the stage that would be the problem. They famously brought their own to Download, didn't they? Cannot see any logistical workaround, unless their current production is considerably slimmed.

Yeah last night it wasn't a particularly over the top stage, I don't see why it couldn't be slimmed down a little more to make it work

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

She told Coachella she wanted $15 million per weekend this year and they said no. I think massive paycut is a bit diff now than in 2020. 

Think you are not considering something - what were the terms of the contract that were signed? If she is still under contract as such, then likely to be Headlining at some point in the future (Contract would have some clauses in it protecting both parties if things went sideways - like COVID). It may give her flexibility on when she does it, but I think that would be a likely scenario.

Swift won't be under any sort of contract to headline the G at a future date. She's way more likely just to stick to it out of goodwill.

Either way, there's no way she's still on the road next summer so anyone who thinks she's got a chance of appearing is kidding themselves.  Even AC/DC are more likely.

9 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think 100 or so artists posted nearly this exact thing. 

I

I mean Kings of Leon made multiple references to it like they were trying to hype up a secret set only to be hyping up their Hyde Park show instead.

Which, given they've played Hyde Park a few times, you think they'd have had footage of that to play with instead.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

you would cause the biggest internet gossip drama if they had Paramore and Sabrina Carpenter with O Rod. One artist that she had to give credit for a song cause she copied it and the other is the subject of her first hit single. Thats one way to get eyeballs. 

Pretty sure Rodrigo has sung Good 4 U with Hayley from Paramore at a festival before (I want to say Coachella?).

The Rodrigo v Carpenter thing, I was less aware of.

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swift won't be under any sort of contract to headline the G at a future date. She's way more likely just to stick to it out of goodwill.

Either way, there's no way she's still on the road next summer so anyone who thinks she's got a chance of appearing is kidding themselves.  Even AC/DC are more likely.

I thought Taylor Swift had already said she's not touring next year. In the last few days, there's been rumours of a tour in 2026, which works so well for a certain festival that just announced it'll be taking 2026 off.

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

I think LIam G is a banker. Defo Maybe/Whats The Story anniversary setlist.

Agree!  If it was an exclusively Oasis setlist (and reunion still never ever in the pipeline!) then he could easily headline.

...also seeing hardly any mention of Pulp... still reckon they could headline the Sunday... am I mad?!

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I thought Taylor Swift had already said she's not touring next year. In the last few days, there's been rumours of a tour in 2026, which works so well for a certain festival that just announced it'll be taking 2026 off.

Eras is finishing in November.

Technically she could do a further leg next year under a new name / concept - but chances are vanishingly unlikely.

More likely it's 3 or 4 years before she does anything serious road-wise.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

That’s just grandstanding though, as she’s mid-Eras. She’ll do a festival run at some point like planned in 2020 as one of the remaining boxes she has yet to tick and I’ll be amazed if Glastonbury isn’t in that.

I've been surfing around but can't find anything apart from a lot of clickbait, but has EE come out and said anything concrete about headliners in 2025?

All I can find is that "it's exciting to plan a festival before a fallow year because it's almost like you have to fit in two years' worth of bands".