2025 Headliners

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've been surfing around but can't find anything apart from a lot of clickbait, but has EE come out and said anything concrete about headliners in 2025?

All I can find is that "it's exciting to plan a festival before a fallow year because it's almost like you have to fit in two years' worth of bands".

The last quote was from the Glastonbury Press paper on Sunday but there were no hints about headliners.

Pretty sure she mentioned something in here OXford speech/talk but nothing specific, just a random comment.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swift won't be under any sort of contract to headline the G at a future date. She's way more likely just to stick to it out of goodwill.

Either way, there's no way she's still on the road next summer so anyone who thinks she's got a chance of appearing is kidding themselves.  Even AC/DC are more likely.

Taylor said the Eras tour ends this year with those Canada dates already. So that should reduce odds. How often does Glasto book one off headliners anyway. 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Pretty sure Rodrigo has sung Good 4 U with Hayley from Paramore at a festival before (I want to say Coachella?).

The Rodrigo v Carpenter thing, I was less aware of.

Youre confusing Billie Eilish having Hayley sing Happier Than Ever with her at Coachella.

3 hours ago, PaulS9_ said:

Think you are not considering something - what were the terms of the contract that were signed? If she is still under contract as such, then likely to be Headlining at some point in the future (Contract would have some clauses in it protecting both parties if things went sideways - like COVID). It may give her flexibility on when she does it, but I think that would be a likely scenario.

I doubt that contract is worth anything at this point. As soon as she didnt return for 22 and they got Billie it was kinda moot since you had Eras after.  Emily had stated elsewhere ( would have to find it but clearly remember the quote )  that in regards to Taylor that Emily didnt expect her  to be in the frame for maybe 5 years. So she had an idea of the extent of the tour along with a fallow year coming into play most likely. 

Edited by Suprefan

19 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The last quote was from the Glastonbury Press paper on Sunday but there were no hints about headliners.

Pretty sure she mentioned something in here OXford speech/talk but nothing specific, just a random comment.

Ah okay, fair enough. Exciting times for plenty of combinations on here then with no restrictions!

40 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Youre confusing Billie Eilish having Hayley sing Happier Than Ever with her at Coachella.

Ah maybe I did. My bad.

I thought that Hayley was able to find some way to reconcile the Misery Business/Good 4 U plagiarism that worked for her in any case, meaning there'd be less tension if you put those two on a bill together than a Rodrigo/Carpenter double bill.

42 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Taylor said the Eras tour ends this year with those Canada dates already. So that should reduce odds. How often does Glasto book one off headliners anyway. 

Feel like the ship sailed with 2020 being the clusterf**k it was tbh, and Swift emerging on the other side from merely a well-known pop megastar to being some kind of deity.

2 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Taylor will definitely headline Glasto one day, it just depends when. She'd do it to tick off the box for her legacy instead of for the coin (or lack of). Although I'm thinking like 10 years down the line instead of in the next few years.

Agree with this, she almost definitely will one day, but I don't see it being anytime soon. 

There is just no benefit to her doing it at the moment, she is only 34, is currently the biggest she has ever been and is currently on what might be the largest tour of all time. She may as well keep it as an option for later down the line if/when her star starts to fade a little. 

She has sold out 152~ stadiums over 5 continents and she could probably have sold out double that if she wanted to with the ridiculous queues to buy tickets for some of the shows. There is just no logical reason for her to want to massively cut down her set and staging to play festivals right now when she can make considerably more money to play every night to a stadium full of rabid fans who worship her 

Aye, Swift headlining is a long time away, I reckon.

I'd say that it's the last chance saloon for Springsteen next year though. Not to say that he cannot defy the aging process like McCartney, of course, but have a hunch next year will be the final year for the E Street Band touring on this scale.

I'd argue there's unfinished business for him.

While those dates do show that Sheeran is active in Summer 2025, and technically available for the Friday or to a lesser extent the Saturday - I think they can be used as an indication that he's not currently in the plans.

There's enough spacing built in to suggest there'll be extra dates added in many of those cities, including probably the Saturday night in Stuttgart. And ultimately - if he was pencilled in for Glastonbury, then there'd be no need to schedule even the Sunday date in Stuttgart that close to the festival.

Similar situation (albeit less clear cut) than Springsteen.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, incident said:

While those dates do show that Sheeran is active in Summer 2025, and technically available for the Friday or to a lesser extent the Sunday - I think they can be used as an indication that he's not currently in the plans.

There's enough spacing built in to suggest there'll be extra dates added in many of those cities, including probably the Saturday night in Stuttgart. And ultimately - if he was pencilled in, then there'd be no need to schedule even the Sunday date that close.

Similar situation (albeit less clear cut) than Springsteen.

Yeah,  it is right in the middle of a European stadium run. Not impossible (and I think it really is only a matter of time before he headlines again). But I don't think you would book the dates so close. Definitely in the  "not impossible" but unlikely category. I'm not sure what his live production is like. Assume it is fairly light (relative to something like Coldplay). Makes it easier I guess. One to keep an eye on.