2025 Headliners

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They said they wanted to headline did they not. Would be a good legend slot but sounds like an ego there

I think it's less clear cut than that - I think they said they'd been offered a slot they weren't happy with on one of the less popular stages (though not sure what that may mean - WH maybe?) and were waiting on the right offer for something that was more appropriate for their status. 

Obviously they'd jump at the chance to headline, but I was interpreting it that they'd also take the Legend Slot.

They're a great seventy-five minute Legend shout to me, aye, but not a headliner.

There's quite a few on that odds list that are Legend more than headliner too, to be fair - think the sheer strength in show for millennial interest this year with Sugababes and Avril Lavigne makes me think Girls Aloud could prove a successful shout for a noughties-era Legend, if you go down that route.

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I can't say I've watched it back yet, but forgot to have a good look over my shoulder during Cyndi Lauper. How was it beyond the first bank of sound towers?

It was busy - I was up by the last speaker bank by the tree- crowd went right up past the road. The sound was rubbish though and couldn’t hear her much. 

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Are they though? When we've had Coldplay so many times.

image.thumb.png.dc4bb0f45e17192982e7994e7d629109.png

Saw that setlist, and... well, bangers aren't everything, it must be said!

But it feels just a bit regressive to me. There are bigger "heritage" acts you could give the gig to who would say yes *without* bankrupting the payroll (not that Duran Duran would, to be fair) and there's plenty of younger ones who are worth a crack too.

Ordinary World is a terrific tune though.

58 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

My 20 year old is desperate for Oasis. He was also at Kasabian. Feel like I have failed as a parent.

Bit weird to say that you have failed when your adult offspring loves one of the biggest UK rock bands of all time and also is a fan of a band who have a ton of huge crowd-pleasing songs designed for festival singalongs. 🤔😄

Duran Duran were my favourite band as a kid, and I've seen them many times. I think they'd put on a great show as headliners, have the tunes to carry it, and everyone would have a hell of a party. But honestly they've not been of Glasto headliner stature for a very long time - not just years, decades - and the idea of them being asked seems completely absurd. I'd love it, but I'd be completely astonished.

• Upvote 1