2025 Headliners

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Duran Duran being talked about as a serious headliner ffs.

This is glastonbury not Isle of Wight ffs

True. How we long for the credible Glasto worthy headliner days of exclusive acts such as Mumford and Sons, Muse, Kasabian, Ed Sheeran, Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

• Like 1

Right on! This year IOW has Keane, the Prodigy, the Streets, Crowded House, Pet Shop Boys, Blossoms, the Bootleg Beatles, Greenday, Beverley Knight, the Pretenders...

God, I'd hate it if any of those played Glastonbury in the future and if they have already, then what the actual f**k.

We can all breathe a sigh of relief at Ed's dates, I reckon. Makes him unlikely.

I think we must assume that the festival will be going after at least one huge name, probably on the Sunday, to make a mark before the fallow lead (and a similarly big one for 2027, my guess Taylor).

Who knows how they left things with Madge. Presumably she asked for more money than they were prepared to pay, but there's probably an offering there for her if she decides to stop being so greedy.

5 hours ago, Mimz27 said:

No doubt, alanis morrisette, Aerosmith, Nas, sublime? 

For.....

No Doubt is most likely touring Tragic Kingdom for its 30th so theyll be around next year. I would think they either want Other headline or Pyramid sub just to get enough time for a set.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

We can all breathe a sigh of relief at Ed's dates, I reckon. Makes him unlikely.

I think we must assume that the festival will be going after at least one huge name, probably on the Sunday, to make a mark before the fallow lead (and a similarly big one for 2027, my guess Taylor).

Who knows how they left things with Madge. Presumably she asked for more money than they were prepared to pay, but there's probably an offering there for her if she decides to stop being so greedy.

Brazil gave her $10 million and she got to pull off the full show so I dont see how Madonna just pops up for the one date and does something different for shits and giggles.

Taylor would be the same situation. Tour is done by the end of the year and if she decided to do Eras at a festival then Glasto will have a headliner start at 8pm just so it finishes by 11:45. Considering the audience is not gonna be full of crazy Swifties I dont know how you expect everyone to stand around the whole time. cause theyre gonna get bored and it would be a rare instance that you could watch half a pyramid headliner and go see another stage headliner without any time crunch.   ( unless I misread d you think the falllow comeback is Taylor for 2027 ) 

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

For.....

No Doubt is most likely touring Tragic Kingdom for its 30th so theyll be around next year. I would think they either want Other headline or Pyramid sub just to get enough time for a set.

Brazil gave her $10 million and she got to pull off the full show so I dont see how Madonna just pops up for the one date and does something different for shits and giggles.

Taylor would be the same situation. Tour is done by the end of the year and if she decided to do Eras at a festival then Glasto will have a headliner start at 8pm just so it finishes by 11:45. Considering the audience is not gonna be full of crazy Swifties I dont know how you expect everyone to stand around the whole time. cause theyre gonna get bored and it would be a rare instance that you could watch half a pyramid headliner and go see another stage headliner without any time crunch.   ( unless I misread d you think the falllow comeback is Taylor for 2027 ) 

Of course Taylor wouldn’t do her three-hour Eras set at the farm. It’d be a stripped down greatest hits, I assume.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm surprised that Sheeran did not announce a UK date as part of this announcement, which indicates something might be being held back.

Saying that his tour this year also had no UK shows so must be planning something. Knebworth hasn't held anything in a while, right?

BST maybe?

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

Of course Taylor wouldn’t do her three-hour Eras set at the farm. It’d be a stripped down greatest hits, I assume.

It wouldve been a full Era's setlist if she had done it this year instead of  playing in Ireland. If Springsteen comes back will anyone bat an eye if he gets 3 hours? Doubt it. Same for Macca, he went over and the fest didnt care. Itll be interesting to see if Taylor backed herself into a corner and has to do 3 hour sets from here on out no matter what though.

19 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It wouldve been a full Era's setlist if she had done it this year instead of  playing in Ireland. If Springsteen comes back will anyone bat an eye if he gets 3 hours? Doubt it. Same for Macca, he went over and the fest didnt care. Itll be interesting to see if Taylor backed herself into a corner and has to do 3 hour sets from here on out no matter what though.

More than enough of those old duffers.

If they can have three hours of sending folks to sleep, then why not Taylor?