2025 Headliners

14 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How much did he get for Reading/Leeds? Would it be enough to count him out of the running?

Quite a lot, from what I recall. He's beyond the theoretical price of a Glastonbury headliner if we're splitting the pot three ways.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Quite a lot, from what I recall. He's beyond the theoretical price of a Glastonbury headliner if we're splitting the pot three ways.

I feel like they could afford at least one spenny headliner, if they call in favours from those who love the festival.

Pyramid:

Fri: Ed Sheeran        sub: Gwen Stefani

Sat: Florence & the Machine        sub: Chic

Sun: Eminem        sub: Duran Duran

Other:

Fri: Fred Again..

Sat: Tyler the Creator

Sun: Foals

At least four of the 6 top headliners would theoretically do it for hugs and kisses, and a pat on the back

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I feel like they could afford at least one spenny headliner, if they call in favours from those who love the festival.

Pyramid:

Other:

At least four of the 6 top headliners would theoretically do it for hugs and kisses, and a pat on the back

Pretty much the case. I think a key aspect of having double British bill-toppers among the lineup is that you can have a pair of acts under market value, because it is the festival to be at.

Obviously, the younger arena set of headliners who've already been through R+L by this time next year - Sam Fender, Dave, The 1975, Fred Again - will play for peanuts, but it also helps that some of the biggest British acts - even those who haven't been, like Harry Styles - will probably take a generous cut too.

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Pretty much the case. I think a key aspect of having double British bill-toppers among the lineup is that you can have a pair of acts under market value, because it is the festival to be at.

Obviously, the younger arena set of headliners who've already been through R+L by this time next year - Sam Fender, Dave, The 1975, Fred Again - will play for peanuts, but it also helps that some of the biggest British acts - even those who haven't been, like Harry Styles - will probably take a generous cut too.

Exactly. I totally forgot about Dave, the 1975, and Harry Styles.

Could easily be:

Fri: Dave            sub: Prodigy

Sat: Sam Fender        sub: Skepta

Sun: Madonna           sub: Florence

And then you're saving money everywhere for a true world megastar like Madonna

25 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Pyramid:

Other:

why the hell would You book Gwen when you can take No Doubt instead. Who cares about her solo songs being thrown in there when 80% of a Gwen setlist is No Doubt songs anyway. Fred is not going to take Other headliner now that he has dipped his toe into stadiums. I think its headline or bust

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Exactly. I totally forgot about Dave, the 1975, and Harry Styles.

Could easily be:

Fri: Dave            sub: Prodigy

Sat: Sam Fender        sub: Skepta

Sun: Madonna           sub: Florence

And then you're saving money everywhere for a true world megastar like Madonna

Absolutely. I assume that Dua Lipa and Coldplay combined for less than the theoretical Pyramid headliner budget this year - possibly well less too. (Wasn't there chat Coldplay only took fee for crew coverage?)

If that is the case, likely means there was a lot of money in the can for Madonna. If they didn't cash all that in on SZA, maybe there's some spare for 2025.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

why the hell would You book Gwen when you can take No Doubt instead. Who cares about her solo songs being thrown in there when 80% of a Gwen setlist is No Doubt songs anyway.

Probably because No Doubt would be still significantly more. Didn't Coachella pay a lot for them?

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

why the hell would You book Gwen when you can take No Doubt instead. Who cares about her solo songs being thrown in there when 80% of a Gwen setlist is No Doubt songs anyway.

Lol. Alright, alright, Supre, I didn't think too in depth about it 😅 Haven't checked any tours or scheduling.

43 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Pyramid:

Other:

Fred Again is not headlining Other, after subbing Other in 2023 (after turning down the headline slot, apparently), and playing to a very big crowd in that field.

He was already big at that point, and now he's blown up to the point where he shifts tickets for fun. He either subs Pyramid or, more likely, headlines. I'd be willing to bet it's the latter.

53 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Pyramid:

Other:

There's no way Fred is doing Other

Foals would be back after only 3 years. bit recent repeat imo

FATM would be a weak pick these days imo - long past their commercial peak about 8-10 years ago

On 7/5/2024 at 2:43 PM, The Nal said:

True. How we long for the credible Glasto worthy headliner days of exclusive acts such as Mumford and Sons, Muse, Kasabian, Ed Sheeran, Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

On 7/5/2024 at 2:52 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Right on! This year IOW has Keane, the Prodigy, the Streets, Crowded House, Pet Shop Boys, Blossoms, the Bootleg Beatles, Greenday, Beverley Knight, the Pretenders...

God, I'd hate it if any of those played Glastonbury in the future and if they have already, then what the actual f**k.

I meant size wise

Duran Duran would be an incredibly weak pyramid headliner considering you can see them at any random town's park most years!

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's no way Fred is doing Other

Foals would be back after only 3 years. bit recent repeat imo

FATM would be a weak pick these days imo - long past their commercial peak about 8-10 years ago

Perhaps just swap them around?

Fri: Ed Sheeran        sub: NO DOUBT (for Supre)

Sat: Fred Again..        sub: Chic

Other:

Fri: Tyler the Creator

Sat: Florence 

Sun: Bicep

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

I meant size wise

Duran Duran would be an incredibly weak pyramid headliner considering you can see them at any random town's park most years!

Yeah, lol, is all good, was just raging against this IOW comparison in another thread and probably carried it over to your comment. Apologies for being overzealous 😅

• Like 1

Pyramid

Fri: Charli XCX, Sabrina Carpenter

Sat: Rihanna, Childish Gambino

Sun: Sam Fender, Glass Animals

Other

Fri: Vampire Weekend

Sat: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Sun: Becky Hill

1 hour ago, gfa said:

It's kinda strange how they just never seemed to build on getting a Glastonbury headline slot in 2015 and by consensus being very good at it.

First guess as just a merry and wild stab in the dark.

Pyramid...

Fri: Olivia Rodrigo

Sat: Dave

Sun: Harry Styles

Sunday Legend Slot: Girls Aloud

Other...

Fri: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Sat: Kasabian

Sun: The Prodigy

My assumption tbf is that I will be wrong. So I'll have to dig up this post in March to find out I was way off on all counts.

Edited by charlierc

56 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Pyramid

Fri: Charli XCX, Sabrina Carpenter

Sat: Rihanna, Childish Gambino

Sun: Sam Fender, Glass Animals

Other

Fri: Vampire Weekend

Sat: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Sun: Becky Hill

Becky Hill is like a 3rd down other kind of act i'd say

Childish Gambino would be a major coup as a pyramid sub - is he actually active at the moment thought he'd stopped doing music for now?

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Becky Hill is like a 3rd down other kind of act i'd say

Childish Gambino would be a major coup as a pyramid sub - is he actually active at the moment thought he'd stopped doing music for now?

He said he would stop making music, at least under his persona Childish Gambino, after the next two albums. No idea when they're due. Perhaps one later this year? 

https://deadline.com/2024/04/donald-glover-childish-gambino-1235886116/

• Thanks 1