2025 Headliners

Again, it's the money, isn't it? There's a slew of American acts, stadium-fillers, who wouldn't give Glastonbury a second look as anything beyond the normal festival - RHCP, Green Day, etc.

There are those such as Foo Fighters who, once onto the farm, have bought into its ethos - certainly, I feel any fee for them to top would be less than what they were paid back in the day originally for 2015 - and there's others who may prove amenable to dropping their price after having been there before too - Springsteen, especially after his Macca cameo, strikes me as such.

Green Day is a tap-in, but you feel they would have said yes by now too.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I was meant to say won't be headlining the Other.  Becky Hills does but she's only getting bigger and she's mixing in with the very popular and current D&B at the minute. I think she plays 3rd/4th down Pyramid max. She's going to play above where Aitch, Paul Heaton, Keane and Texas got. Not only that, she's a female artist which plays well for Emily and got a fairly large arena tour coming up as well. She's very good at what she does. I think she's currently as big as anyone who subbed Other stage this year but then you've got D-Block who have done big venues and got the smallest crowd I've seen for the other that time of the day. 

She's been like this since pre-covid and still hasn't really grown - just in that weird popstar state where she's not one of the main ones and is solidly in the second tier.

Not sure very popular and current D&B is A. new for her, shes been releasing crossover songs for years and B. means very much at glasto, its not like the main stages are full of DNB beside a chase and status appearance every 5-7 years

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I know they don't get the best rep on here but...RCHP? It feels like they will do it one day, one of the few larger bands that haven't. 

Saw the talk with Michael Eavis in 2019 he said they are not allowed on site even if they get tickets. 

Remember they were booked didnt turn up and never explained it. They are well and truly blacklisted

Edited by Ben7amin_

While I don't really see it either, I don't think he's politically problematic enough for them not to book him due to sensibilities. 

And there has now - for 3 years in row IIRC - been mutterings that he's on the farm, is coming round the farm or is being sought by the farm.

So on the basis that there's no smoke without fire it does feel there's a wee bit more too it than just tabloid gossip columnists trying to fill space.

But on the other hand....it is only Eminem.

5 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

My shout at this point is:

Olivia Rodrigo

Foo Fighters

Eminem

Based on nothing but gut feeling....

Sure you didn’t have the giant Yorkshire Pudding? 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I can't believe she wasn't asked to do it this year ahead if bumping up SZA - and the fact it didn't happen suggests, to me at least, some kind of handshake to do it on her next go round.

I can - as I'd had a bet on her.

That's what happens when I gamble

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:33 AM, Glasto96 said:

Dua Lipa said in a BBC2 special which aired before this festival that she was asked to do it November 2022.

My guess is after Sam Fenders pyramid 2022 performance he was quickly snapped up for a few years down the line. New album back end of this year straight into Friday night 2025 headliner.

Except Emily’s said as recently as last month that no headliners have been confirmed for next year yet. Doesn’t mean they haven’t asked him of course, but it seemed up in the air, which would also seem to be the final nail in the coffin for old Brucie. 

Edited by kalifire

Olivia Rodrigo / Raye

AC/DC / Liam Gallagher

Eminem / Dave

Stevie Nicks

I reckon those subs would be happy enough to take that slot based on the headliners.

Edited by kalifire

20 hours ago, gfa said:

She's been like this since pre-covid and still hasn't really grown - just in that weird popstar state where she's not one of the main ones and is solidly in the second tier.

Not sure very popular and current D&B is A. new for her, shes been releasing crossover songs for years and B. means very much at glasto, its not like the main stages are full of DNB beside a chase and status appearance every 5-7 years

Yeah, if anything I think Becky Hill peaked a couple of years ago now. It’s been a while since she’s had a big hit, with her last 3-4 singles struggling to take off.

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

AC/DC / Liam Gallagher

I would really struggle with wanting to see ac/dc from as close as possible, in the pit ideally, and bloody Gallagher being on beforehand. either it'd be a monumental scrap to get in after, or having to sit through an Oasis-heavy load of dreadful karaoke. Not sure what i'd do at all 😄

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Had this issue two years back with the Noel -> Macca double bill

Yes. I watched Yard act at leftfield and then went up the hill post-Noel and Pre-Paul for a more panoramic view.

Was good, and involved precisely 0% Gallagher, which is my perfect ratio!