2025 Headliners

20 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I can't believe she wasn't asked to do it this year ahead if bumping up SZA - and the fact it didn't happen suggests, to me at least, some kind of handshake to do it on her next go round.

Her tour show was amazing, but I think for a festival headline set to non-fans who don't know every word to every song it would've tailed off a bit in the middle, especially when people can just walk off. A lot of acoustic style ballads. The start and end were incredible though. I reckon one or two more big hits and it'll be great. Regardless of the reasons for why not this year, I think it'll be better in a future year

On 7/9/2024 at 11:05 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Again, it's the money, isn't it? There's a slew of American acts, stadium-fillers, who wouldn't give Glastonbury a second look as anything beyond the normal festival - RHCP, Green Day, etc.

There are those such as Foo Fighters who, once onto the farm, have bought into its ethos - certainly, I feel any fee for them to top would be less than what they were paid back in the day originally for 2015 - and there's others who may prove amenable to dropping their price after having been there before too - Springsteen, especially after his Macca cameo, strikes me as such.

Green Day is a tap-in, but you feel they would have said yes by now too.

I think Billie Joe Armstrong was at the festival a few years back watching his son's band, he put a few pictures on Instagram stories I think at the time,  so he's been at least. They just don't put that sort of music on often. I'd put them and Foos in a different category really. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Didn't hear them this year, but the last couple of years there were rumours that he was booked into one of the local upmarket hotels over G weekend.  Firstly to guest with Kendrick and then with Elton. Obviously the guest spots didn't happen but it's possible he would have been onsite and we've just jot heard about it.

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Her tour show was amazing, but I think for a festival headline set to non-fans who don't know every word to every song it would've tailed off a bit in the middle, especially when people can just walk off. A lot of acoustic style ballads. The start and end were incredible though. I reckon one or two more big hits and it'll be great. Regardless of the reasons for why not this year, I think it'll be better in a future year

I dunno - even her ballads are big tunes (Drivers License particularly, but also things like Happier and Making The Bed)

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think Billie Joe Armstrong was at the festival a few years back watching his son's band, he put a few pictures on Instagram stories I think at the time,  so he's been at least. They just don't put that sort of music on often. I'd put them and Foos in a different category really. 

Was he? My apologies!

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Was he? My apologies!

I hope it left enough of an impression on him to push to play at some point. I saw them in Manchester the other week and it was amazing. Way better than when I last saw them in 2010. American Idiot in full was the main reason I went but the new album songs were really good too. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Did you get down to Wembley?

Unfortunately not - too close to G weekend to justify the trip.

I had a trip to Amsterdam lined up but opted not to go ahead with it due to it being so close to going to Milan to see the Boss - which then got axed.  Might just not happen this time around.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

When one is in a diamond mine one does not complain that there's too much similarity amongst the diamonds.

I like the analogy, but it doesn’t apply in this case 

1 minute ago, westholtschic said:

Yes I do 

My pals and I had a great conversation with you on Thursday (could have been Wednesday) at West Holts area where you were telling us about your upcoming set and experiences (you were sitting with a mate of yours while we were grabbing something to eat). Crazy that I've now realised you are someone familiar off of the forum! Thank you for being so pleasant to chat to is all! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

My pals and I had a great conversation with you on Thursday (could have been Wednesday) at West Holts area where you were telling us about your upcoming set and experiences (you were sitting with a mate of yours while we were grabbing something to eat). Crazy that I've now realised you are someone familiar off of the forum! Thank you for being so pleasant to chat to is all! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Oh mate that is so kind of you thank you.

Was lovely to chat to you all. I had a great weekend thank you and it was a dream come true to do a set at the farm.

45b8faaa-0e7a-4f71-b6ad-4cc513668eb5.jpeg

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

If they play anything like they did on Sunday it will be a night to remember at the farm

IMG_4308.jpeg

Was also at Wembley on Sunday for AC/DC and they blew the roof off. Simply outstanding. I was front right standing and Angus was on fire. 

My only worry is that the Glastonbury crowd just wouldn't get them. Angus in particular. He has his style, he has his method of playing and he has his own look (which of course is brilliant!). 

I think I would prefer to see them again at one of their own gigs (although I suspect this is their last waltz so that may be it). 

Edited by Petewasbristol