2025 Headliners

16 minutes ago, Petewasbristol said:

Was also at Wembley on Sunday for AC/DC and they blew the roof off. Simply outstanding. I was front right standing and Angus was on fire. 

My only worry is that the Glastonbury crowd just wouldn't get them. Angus in particular. He has his style, he has his method of playing and he has his own look (which of course is brilliant!). 

I think I would prefer to see them again at one of their own gigs (although I suspect this is their last waltz so that may be it). 

I think the crowd would get them like the stones, Metallica etc. They appreciate legendary acts and getting them to play at the farm would be a huge deal.

I also think this is their last waltz 😢

20 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

I think the crowd would get them like the stones, Metallica etc. They appreciate legendary acts and getting them to play at the farm would be a huge deal.

I also think this is their last waltz 😢

I have flashbacks to when Paul McCartney was announced for 2004 and Bruce Springsteen was announced for 2009. Believe it or not I spent most of the year leading up to those festivals trying to defend them as headliners! (They both got quite a bit of flack in the run up to the festival, mainly from people saying they were past it! The frog song being played was the running joke for McCartney).  Both were spectacular headliners and I certainly believe it was that 2004 Glastonbury headline slot that made McCartney 'cool' again. So yes, maybe you are right about AC/DC playing the farm and people getting them on the day. Be prepared to defend them before hand though if it happens. 

Edited by Petewasbristol

Ultimately I think the conversation has already happened years ago and their asking price is too high for what Glastonbury is willing to stump up. 

It's a shame, cos with Fleetwood Mac banjaxed they're about the last men standing out of heritage acts who've not done it.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

See them as a very solid Other Stage headliner or perhaps Pyramid sub myself. Needs the darkness too.

Both were absolutely amazing at IOW, I kind of expected The Prodigy but the Darkness wow, was massively unexpected

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Both were absolutely amazing at IOW, I kind of expected The Prodigy but the Darkness wow, was massively unexpected

Sorry, I mean the Prodigy need a night time slot (darkness) for their show to have max impact. Would love to see the Darkness there too, opening Other one day?!

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, I mean the Prodigy need a night time slot (darkness) for their show to have max impact. Would love to see the Darkness there too, opening Other one day?!

Ha, I should read properly.  But yeah, I wasn’t going to see them but very happy I did. 

Not a headliner in any sense of the definition. But I will call out Kangaroo Moon since they played, on the Babylon bandstand this year on Sat, their 150th gig at Glasto. No one generally notices these little fringe bands turning up every year but they have been there even a few years before me, what since 1993, and though not to everyones tastes, I have to commend them for their consistent dedication to the event. Respect. They'll probably be there there again next year...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ultimately I think the conversation has already happened years ago and their asking price is too high for what Glastonbury is willing to stump up. 

It's a shame, cos with Fleetwood Mac banjaxed they're about the last men standing out of heritage acts who've not done it.

Depeche Mode still out there for now. Would go off similar to The Cure I bet especially if they tweaked the setlist to be all big songs and minimal new material. Theyre usually pretty good about that at festival sets anyway. 

Edited by Suprefan

On 7/9/2024 at 9:30 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

One thing I wonder is what Olivia Rodrigo's price is these days. Had kind of assumed she would be well in range, and given she's only a two-album arena pull right now, think that may still be the case.

But... who knows.

Her guarantee on this tour is around $2 million USD. She is easily clearing that per night. And she probably couldve sprinkled in a couple stadiums shows on this tour cause of demand. 6 dates here in LA alone and that wouldve sold out Sofi Stadium which holds about 50k for a standard gig pretty easily.  

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Depeche Mode still out there for now. Would go off similar to The Cure I bet especially if they tweaked the setlist to be all big songs and minimal new material. Theyre usually pretty good about that at festival sets anyway. 

I think DM is likelier for 2027 tbh. They ended their tour earlier this year and it's usually a once-every-four-years cycle from them for a new album.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I think DM is likelier for 2027 tbh. They ended their tour earlier this year and it's usually a once-every-four-years cycle from them for a new album.

I’m a fan, but I’d be surprised if it ever happens now. 

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Springsteen, fits in neatly before his Milan shows. Would be especially moving if it was another last-ever UK appearance as Elton was. 

And surely the return of a non-headliner Glastonbury regular - Laura Marling. 

Is it Bruce's last tour? If yes, then yeah, would be great to see him on the farm. He's been on the farm since his performance so clearly seems to like it.

One last hurrah for the Boss.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Marling a probable Park headliner?

Genuinely can't work out how big she is these days. Not a clue how much of a draw she is. She's doing a four night residency to promote the new album, but it's not at all indicative of her current popularity. 

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Genuinely can't work out how big she is these days. Not a clue how much of a draw she is. She's doing a four night residency to promote the new album, but it's not at all indicative of her current popularity. 

Probably lost a lot of momentum, 4 years since the last album. All depends on whether the new release is quality I’d guess. 

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Pyramid: 

Fri: Dave            sub: RAYE

Sat: Bruce Springsteen           sub: Pulp

Sun: ACDC               sub: Duran Duran

Other:

Fri: Tame Impala

Sat: Prodigy

Sun: Bicep

Too male! Not gonna happen for better or worse. 

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Probably lost a lot of momentum, 4 years since the last album. All depends on whether the new release is quality I’d guess. 

Think she drew a fairly selective crowd last time they put her on the Pyramid.