2025 Headliners

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Too male! Not gonna happen for better or worse. 

Unfortunately, you're probably right. How about this? Looks more like the census now, lol.

Pyramid: 

Fri: Dave        sub: RAYE

Sat: Bruce Springsteen           sub: Pulp

Sun: Madonna              sub: Duran Duran

Other:

Fri: No Doubt           sub: Skepta

Sat: Prodigy             sub: First Aid Kit

Sun: Bicep                sub: Amyl & the Sniffers

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

Just me who can't see Fender as a Pyramid Headliner - yet.

Feel as though they may have jumped the gun and secured him early like they did with Dua. But for me at the moment I'd arguably place him on the Other headlining one night against a more dance/electronic or poppier act.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think how his next album goes over will be key - if it's another huge hit and has another Seventeen Going Under on it then I think that puts him firmly into the tier.  At the moment he's sort of lingering around the doorway bur not firmly through it.

Doesn't help that he's a bit anonymous.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think how his next album goes over will be key - if it's another huge hit and has another Seventeen Going Under on it then I think that puts him firmly into the tier.  At the moment he's sort of lingering around the doorway bur not firmly through it.

Doesn't help that he's a bit anonymous.

Yeah was gonna say this. To me seems like not really relevant at the minute is he.

Obviously a big fan favourite, likeable and does shift tickets but doesn't seem to be putting himself out there if that makes sense.

I didn't even realise he was headlining Boardmasters.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean there's some appeal in that he's an ordinary fella, just like you and me, etc etc - but sometimes a bit of star power goes a long way.  Even the Boss - the obvious Fender forebear - has the rizz coming out of his ears.

He's just having a quiet year and not doing many shows, he'll be massive again when he comes back with a new album

• Upvote 1

I think it's just that sam fender is just in that post album/ post tour place that's the only reason there isn't any noise about him. It'll all gear up again for the new album and touring cycle.

He headlined reading/ Leeds last year so he's in the right place to step up to pyramid headliner. 

He has already crossed over just needs some more big songs. 

Will ride on how good the new album is and how it's received whether he can headline pyramid or really strong other headliner. But I reckon pyramid. 

5 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Olivia already working on album #3 apparently. Was dubious of her being booked off the back of a then two year old album, but if a new one is out in time for the festival then she’s as good as nailed on imo.

Bringing out album 3 around next May/June with a run of festival headlining dates following makes perfect sense for her as a 2025 career move.

Re Sam Fender, agree with what others have said with him going very quiet. Casuals can move on quickly when it comes to relatively new acts so could see his stock fading if he doesn't have a strong radio friendly lead single on the next album.

20 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Olivia already working on album #3 apparently. Was dubious of her being booked off the back of a then two year old album, but if a new one is out in time for the festival then she’s as good as nailed on imo.

If the plan is to release a new album before the next round of dates I'd say that eliminates her from 2024.

Guts world tour doesn't finish up until the end of the year, so to be entering into and touring a new era (to coin a phrase) within 6 months is a hella quick turnaround.

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Unfortunately, you're probably right. How about this? Looks more like the census now, lol.

Pyramid: 

Fri: Dave        sub: RAYE

Sat: Bruce Springsteen           sub: Pulp

Sun: Madonna              sub: Duran Duran

Other:

Fri: No Doubt           sub: Skepta

Sat: Prodigy             sub: First Aid Kit

Sun: Bicep                sub: Amyl & the Sniffers

No Doubt could be very busy against Dave (who i have doubts about being headliner level too - no indication yet of what new stuff will be like but hes definitely a risk currently)

Think these days are a bit random too - Dave Raye and Skepta all same day part clashing is a bit weird

Amyl and First Aid Kit are very weak other subs too

On 7/10/2024 at 12:01 AM, kalifire said:

Olivia Rodrigo / Raye

AC/DC / Liam Gallagher

Eminem / Dave

Stevie Nicks

I reckon those subs would be happy enough to take that slot based on the headliners.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:16 AM, Kalopsia said:

Fred Again, Olivia Rodrigo, Kate Bush

Subs - Raye, Chappell Roan, Pulp

Other stage Wolf Alice, Sam Smith, Chemical Bros

Woodsies - St Vincent is one of them.

I can't imagine and it would.be majorly dropping the ball if they didn't have Pulp finally next year. If they didn't then that literally shows where we are going and they know they aren't going to headline.