2025 Headliners

20 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Fri: Fred Again..

Sat: Eminem

Sun: Rhianna

Swap a rock band in over Rihanna and I think this is what we will get. 

I have absolutely no interest in watching a pop singer pretend to sing live over a backing track. Give me a band playing proper music anyday. 

32 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I have absolutely no interest in watching a pop singer pretend to sing live over a backing track. Give me a band playing proper music anyday. 

I would love it if ACDC popped up but not sure who else would/could do it?

Radiohead, Muse, Fleetwood Mac, Arctics, RHCP, Depeche Mode aren't gonna do it... 

1975? Green Day? Pink Floyd as a one-off?

I'm sure I'm probably missing some but not a huge pool to choose from.

EDIT: Pulp maybe... Killers (again...), Blur were mentioned for this year a lot.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

12 hours ago, sisco said:

You don’t think sub other / woodsie headline is a prominent spot?

The Streets done it last time and got sub other for example

all options are possible including the ones they lost out on in their f**ked up years. 🙂 

Muse, Blur or the Killers would be the safe choice and also as they are friends of the festival likely to cut a deal. All of them guarantee a good show though. 

Green Day would be unreal. Saw them a few weeks ago and it was an incredible gig. I doubt they will be back over here again though next summer though sadly. 

I'd love to see the Chilli Peppers get their go personally as I'm a big fan. They without a doubt have the back catalogue to do it and if they stuck to the hits it would go down well with the Glasto audience. 

11 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Muse, Blur or the Killers would be the safe choice and also as they are friends of the festival likely to cut a deal. All of them guarantee a good show though. 

I saw The Killers last night and they indeed remain an excellent live act. However, back in December, Brandon Flowers gave an interview saying they're taking time off in 2025 and he is in the process of putting together a new solo album to come out next year, which I assume he'll return to working on when The Killers finish their current touring commitments in October.

I think there's a possibility of him bringing his solo material to Glastonbury, but that scenario is much likelier than a full Killers show at Glastonbury next summer.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I would love it if ACDC popped up but not sure who else would/could do it?

Radiohead, Muse, Fleetwood Mac, Arctics, RHCP, Depeche Mode aren't gonna do it... 

1975? Green Day? Pink Floyd as a one-off?

I'm sure I'm probably missing some but not a huge pool to choose from.

EDIT: Pulp maybe... Killers (again...), Blur were mentioned for this year a lot.

Got more chance of Morrissey & Marr together again whilst eating a beef burger than that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benjsh said:

Except Rihanna passes the apparent standards of a headliner by a wide margin. 14 #1 singles of which 7 are Diamond certified. You want non stop bangers and songs people know, thats who you want.  go see somebody else or go home early. Clearly thats what people did this year when they didn like a headliner. Or hows this, if Rihanna was on the line up then promise you will return your ticket during the balance window because its so offensive to you. I thought so.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Thought I'd read somewhere they were open to one off shows...

No chance unfortunately. Just their differing politics and views alone means that they will never be in the same room together again (let alone on the same stage). 

19 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Taylor

Harry Styles

Pulp

Swap Taylor Swift (I think that boat has sailed) for Eminem and you have a strong set of 2025 Pyramid headliners to please most. Pulp would be a brilliant choice to close out the festival. 

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Except Rihanna passes the apparent standards of a headliner by a wide margin. 14 #1 singles of which 7 are Diamond certified. You want non stop bangers and songs people know, thats who you want.  go see somebody else or go home early. Clearly thats what people did this year when they didn like a headliner. Or hows this, if Rihanna was on the line up then promise you will return your ticket during the balance window because its so offensive to you. I thought so.

Apparently she's not toured at all since 2016. Glastonbury would be quite the way to get back in the ring.

12 hours ago, sisco said:

Absolutely outstanding at IOW

and at Wembley, and the previous 2 times I have seen them. 

I'd say of people I have spoken to who have seen them that they are regarded as one of the most consistently good live performers out there

Rhainna is a good call.

I can’t think of anyone that I’d like to see that is big enough, would do it and hasn’t done it already. Eminem or Green Day I might watch I suppose. 

I can’t really see the point in Blur doing it again as great as they were in 2009, which I appreciate is a long time ago. I didn’t see a pyramid headliner this year and I’m not too bothered either way. It will be a nice bonus if there’s something I like headlining. 

4 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

I can’t really see the point in Blur doing it again as great as they were in 2009, which I appreciate is a long time ago. I didn’t see a pyramid headliner this year and I’m not too bothered either way. It will be a nice bonus if there’s something I like headlining. 

I thought Blur had decided their latest reunion had no distance left to run.

... again.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

After she backed out in 2022 due to pregnancy, there must still be a possibility to come back. 

Interesting, wasn't aware she was nearly but not quite over the line.

Can assume tbf that if she decides to tour next year and gets the offer that she could be persuadable. If indeed it's something she wants to do ofc.