2025 Headliners

Just now, OllieMadd said:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Childish Gambino would both not accept anything other than Pyramid headliner.

You could even argue CXCX will be pushing for the step up. 

I would agree for Childish Gambino, as he hasn't played non-headline slots at festivals for a while, I wouldn't agree for Nick Cave or Charli XCX though. They've played before in lower slots, Charli is a lot bigger than when she headlined Woodsies, and could headline next year depending on her trajectory. Nick Cave hasn't gotten that much bigger since he subbed Pyramid in 2013

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yes, he's already been locked in. Couple of different sources in various places on this.

Given the demographic shifts in the festival it's a fantastic booking.

Some were claiming it at the same time Emily was saying none of them were confirmed. It’s all rumour and conjecture at this stage. 

Edited by kalifire

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Some were claiming it at the same time Emily was saying none of them were confirmed. It’s all rumour and conjecture at this stage. 

No, I've heard it first hand from a booker. He's been in their orbit for a while and they've got him to (at least informally) agree it in advance.

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

No, I've heard it first hand from a booker. He's been in their orbit for a while and they've got him to (at least informally) agree it in advance.

Fair enough then, I guess. In that case…

Friday: Fred 

Saturday: Eminem/Dre/Snoop

Sunday: O-Rod

Legend: Stevie Nicks

34 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Childish Gambino would both not accept anything other than Pyramid headliner.

What gives this impression?  Are they bigger than when they last subbed?  Absolutely not...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday

Py: Olivia Rodrigo, Vampire Weekend, Paul Weller

Ot: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Saturday

Py: Fred Again..., Sabrina Carpenter, Khruangbin

Ot: Childish Gambino

Sunday

Py: Iron Maiden, Asake, Becky Hill, Chaka Khan

Ot: Charli XCX

Khruangbin on the Radio 1 Pyramid Stage seems like a strange prediction.

36 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Not sure Nick Cave is ant bigger than last time he played as a Pyramid sub. Recon he would be fine with that or Other stage headliner. He does t strike me as having a mega Ego

Edited by Ben7amin_

6 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not sure Nick Cave is ant bigger than last time he played as a Pyramid sub. Recon he would be fine with that or Other stage headliner. He does t strike me as having a mega Ego

He is definitely bigger.

Blew up big time around 2017 (Skeleton Tree era), with him only playing festivals where he can headline since. In 2018 still accepting these so-called 'co-head' structures, his 2022 tour only playing festivals where The Bad Seeds outright headlined.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yes, he's already been locked in. Couple of different sources in various places on this.

Given the demographic shifts in the festival it's a fantastic booking.

He is a dull main stage headliner. Source: me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

He is definitely bigger.

Blew up big time around 2017 (Skeleton Tree era), with him only playing festivals where he can headline since. In 2018 still accepting these so-called 'co-head' structures, his 2022 tour only playing festivals where The Bad Seeds outright headlined.

He's playing the exact same venues (arenas) and headlining the exact same kinds of festivals as the likes of The National. I'd put him in the same boat as them - Other stage headliner

• Upvote 1

Two things can be true.  Nick Cave is indeed bigger than the last time he played - but he's still not big enough to headline.

Also feels like his popularity peaked a few years back. Using his Hydro gig as a baseline , he's nowhere near filling the place.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Its really not up to Bruce Dickinson as to what Iron Maiden do - he's not in charge, its far more up to Steve Harris to be honest. Bruce slags off everything cos hes a loudmouth twat, but he's just the singer. I think the rest of the band know to ignore him most of the time. 

That said, i still cant see them playing Glastonbury ever 😄 Itd be a spectacle, but its just not their thing at all and they don't have the more widespread appeal of metallica. 

Maybe I'm wrong here, but this extra date added for Nick Cave in the O2 in November, looks to me they're not even flogging tickets for half of it. 

545632691_Screenshot2024-07-16114042.thumb.png.de27d9ff27557e583dd3ef7e799ad4d8.png

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

He is definitely bigger.

I mean there is no way they are more popular than The National, QOTSA Lana Del Rey, Lizzo... etc etc none of which headlined 

If there insistence was they would only play if they headlined Glastonbury it would probably just rule them out

Edited by Ben7amin_

3 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

If that’s true Nick Cave won’t be playing then

Re if Nick is bigger - I'm a huge fan but it's more of an ego thing imo.

He now only plays Arenas or bigger and the last time he didn't headline a festival was eleven years ago at Glastonbury.

On his 2013 tour after Glastonbury he played the Hammersmith Apollo, which is quite different than the multiple nights at the O2 / headlining things like Primavera that he's gone onto since.

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean there is no way they are more popular than The National, QOTSA Lana Del Rey, Lizzo... etc etc none of which headlined 

Maybe I'm biased as a Belgian, over here he sold out an arena bigger than the O2 twice. (QOTSA's show in that arena never sold out for instance). Wild God, the song, kinda went big over here too. 

Some people propose Pulp as a headliner but to me, Nick Cave is a much much bigger and widely recognised headliner. Love them both though. 

But maaaaaybe Cave could settle with Other head, since, well, it's Glastonbury and he's long overdue. I feel like next year might be the year. 

Edited by matrainertje

13 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Maybe I'm biased as a Belgian, over here he sold out an arena bigger than the O2 twice. (QOTSA's show in that arena never sold out for instance). Wild God, the song, kinda went big over here too. 

Some people propose Pulp as a headliner but to me, Nick Cave is a much much bigger and widely recognised headliner. Love them both though. 

But maaaaaybe Cave could settle with Other head, since, well, it's Glastonbury and he's long overdue. I feel like next year might be the year. 

I think Nick Cave does not have a song like Common People in his repertoire so I think for me Pulp would be well ahead if you put them side by side. 

The Glastonbury Pyramid crowd love big sing along moments Pulp have them much more than Nick Cave does. 

While Nick Cave has a large dedicated fanbase. Pulp will win much more of the floating Voters. 

I think Pulp beat Nick Cave every time in that race.