2025 Headliners

36 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think Nick Cave does not have a song like Common People in his repertoire so I think for me Pulp would be well ahead if you put them side by side. 

The Glastonbury Pyramid crowd love big sing along moments Pulp have them much more than Nick Cave does. 

While Nick Cave has a large dedicated fanbase. Pulp will win much more of the floating Voters. 

I think Pulp beat Nick Cave every time in that race. 

I assume you are right though, as I'm not from the UK. And Glastonbury is in fact a UK festival.

Elsewhere in the world, it's not even close of course. Can't see Pulp ever filling a small 8K sized arena, whereas Cave has filled two 22K ones in 30 minutes, leaving a lot of demand. Pulp is very niche over here, where Cave is more of a mainsteam figure, headlining a Werchter day festival (TW Classic) after McCartney, Springsteen, Stones, Fleetwood Mac did years prior. 

Or see Primavera in Spain, where Cave pulled a massive crowd vs a more moderate one (with a lot of Brits) for Pulp. 

Edited by matrainertje
  • Thanks 1

Have I made this up? Didn't Cocker, Cave, McGowan etc all bark like dogs at some Southbank thing a few years back? Or was I just on very good drugs? Maybe they could re-enact that to save deciding who's worthy of the slot.

6 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Pulp would smash it. 30 years after 'that' headline performance? I think a lot of people underestimate how busy it would be.

Only need to look at the footage from their Primavera headline show earlier this year to see this is true. Crowd absolutely loving it, and all ages covered including a very large number of people who wouldn't have been born when Different Class came out.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Yes, he's already been locked in. Couple of different sources in various places on this.

Given the demographic shifts in the festival it's a fantastic booking.

He headlined other stage only last year though. Surely he doesn't have anything like enough material to do a full Pyramid headline slot..?

nick cave pyramid headliner chat i've heard it all

he's clearly a sub / other headliner - firmly in the standard sized APE headliner every few years camp

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

He headlined other stage only last year though. Surely he doesn't have anything like enough material to do a full Pyramid headline slot..?

He's got 4 albums, with another on the way - more material than Dua and Billie.

20 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

There is absolutely no way Eminem is playing Glastonbury. He would have 0 interest.

As he would not be interested? I’ve no idea TBH

Or there would be no interest among the attendees? In which case you’d be very surprised 

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

As he would not be interested? I’ve no idea TBH

Or there would be no interest among the attendees? In which case you’d be very surprised 

Him! I would be there with bells on myself. I think it would be quite a phoned in memorable gig tho. 

9 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I would agree for Childish Gambino, as he hasn't played non-headline slots at festivals for a while, I wouldn't agree for Nick Cave or Charli XCX though. They've played before in lower slots, Charli is a lot bigger than when she headlined Woodsies, and could headline next year depending on her trajectory. Nick Cave hasn't gotten that much bigger since he subbed Pyramid in 2013

Yes he has

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

What gives this impression?  Are they bigger than when they last subbed?  Absolutely not...

Absolutely has.

9 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not sure Nick Cave is ant bigger than last time he played as a Pyramid sub.

I am. 

9 hours ago, matrainertje said:

He is definitely bigger.

Blew up big time around 2017 (Skeleton Tree era), with him only playing festivals where he can headline since. In 2018 still accepting these so-called 'co-head' structures, his 2022 tour only playing festivals where The Bad Seeds outright headlined.

Correct.

9 hours ago, Wooderson said:

He is a dull main stage headliner (Fred Again). Source: me.

Correct

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Two things can be true.  Nick Cave is indeed bigger than the last time he played - but he's still not big enough to headline.

Also feels like his popularity peaked a few years back. Using his Hydro gig as a baseline , he's nowhere near filling the place.

However, he has a new album that shows signs of being an absolute classic coming out soon, plus, Emily loves him and likely sees the Seeds as a Cure-esque booking. 

6 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Would love to see Nick headline Pyramid, he has gone to another level live.

Subbed by IDLES preferably 

Don't get me peaking. However, you are correct on the live performances. It would be one of the greatest couple of hours of music ever seen on the Pyramid, in terms of quality.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hrs an Other Headliner. Decent alternative to Fred Again, if the above intel is valid.

Well, I'd take that. Fred would probably take all the gig chatters to him, if the gig I saw in Melbourne was the precedent case

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Nick Cave & TBS topping the Other would be amazing.  Dark & atmospheric.  Yes please.

With no chatters

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

He's got 4 albums, with another on the way - more material than Dua and Billie.

Problem is it's all the same. And dull. AI could do a better job. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, goldfishboy said:

Genuine question, how come Eminem is rumoured every year?

Don't think he is, really. He gets speculated about, but then so does nearly every act of a certain size that hasn't yet done it.

There's never yet been any credible suggestion that the festival have actually tried to book him.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bicep / Charli xcx / Boaby the Barman would be a decent starter for 10 Other Stage prediction.

Swap yer man who does the Peaky’s tune for The Prodigy and you’re on to a winner.