2025 Headliners

11 hours ago, Long Season said:

Over a decade ago, granted, but was no different when I saw them last year . Cmon now!!

Still wish I'd had the money to do a full weekend at Reading 2011 rather than just a day trip to see Muse do Origin of Symmetry in full. Pulp's set in particular looked f**king wicked.

21 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Yes, he's already been locked in. Couple of different sources in various places on this.

Given the demographic shifts in the festival it's a fantastic booking.

So I guess if there's additional detail to back this up you can DM it to the mods who can update the rumours page and we can take it to the bank.

10 hours ago, nikkic said:

Swap yer man who does the Peaky’s tune for The Prodigy and you’re on to a winner. 

Would effectively be three dance headliners.  Wouldn't be the worst thing, but maybe not the most balanced top-line - particularly if they're seeking an act to offset OhhhhhMyyyyyyGoooooood Guuuuuuuuyyys Fred Agaaaaaaaaain!!!!! one night.

13 hours ago, Superscally said:

However, he has a new album that shows signs of being an absolute classic coming out soon, plus, Emily loves him and likely sees the Seeds as a Cure-esque booking. 

Is Nick Cave even half as popular as The Cure? In 2019 The Cure's had a lot of appeal for a wide demographic with a number of iconic tracks.

Could probably say the same for SZA but I don't know anyone in my circle who could name a NC track.

4 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

Could probably say the same for SZA but I don't know anyone in my circle who could name a NC track.

I have to friends, separate cases, who had Into My Arms as their opening dance at their wedding.

But really: anyone who saw Peaky Blinders knows at least a NC track I assume. 😅

Pyramid

Fred Again   / Lady Gaga    /     Pulp

The XX  / Sabrina Carpenter / Kasabian

Legend - Robbie

Other

Nick Cave /   Prodigy /    Charli XCX

FKA Twigs / Jamiroquai / Roisin Murphy

West Holts

King Gizzard  /   Libertines / Chaka Khan

Ezra Collective /   Soulwax  /    Future Islands

33 minutes ago, Long Season said:

West Holts

With the exception of Chaka Khan those headliners are dreadful and so not WH. Libertines- no way 

4 hours ago, mjfromthelane said:

Is Nick Cave even half as popular as The Cure? In 2019 The Cure's had a lot of appeal for a wide demographic with a number of iconic tracks.

Dont think so. Cave doesn’t have the pop hits like Just Like Heaven, Friday, Close to You, Lullably etc 

4 hours ago, mjfromthelane said:

Definitely not AS big, but he's one of those artists that has a pretty big following and a few tracks like Red Right Hand and O Children that have featured in Peaky Blinders and Harry Potter. He'd get Kylie for Where The Wild Roses Grow too. The key point is that he's so good live, he'd pull it off. Personally, I don't think they WOULD get that slot, but they'd have as big if not bigger crowd than Kendrick/Metallica and be received even better than those excellent sets. Would be a bold call, but a victory for music.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Long Season said:

Pyramid

Fred Again   / Lady Gaga    /     Pulp

The XX  / Sabrina Carpenter / Kasabian

Legend - Robbie

Other

Nick Cave /   Prodigy /    Charli XCX

FKA Twigs / Jamiroquai / Roisin Murphy

West Holts

swap libs with any other sub and this makes way more sense. not sure they are even other sub level now honestly !

I went on a date with a Deanna once, and was absolutely flabbergasted at her:

- not being named after the song (might have to check when it was released, admittedly)

- not having heard the song, or in fact even heard of it 

- not having heard of Nick Cave

- sending me a 🤮 emoji when i sent her a youtube link to the song

there wasnt a second date. 

I fell down a Nick Cave Spotify hole yesterday after the chat here.

Mrs 4AM "Who's this?"

Me: "Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds"

M4AM "He can't sing" (it was Shipyard Song)

Me: " He can.  Just has a unique voice.  Plus it's about the lyricism, emotion and music, not the voice."

Pause

M4AM: "Can you turn it off.  I don't like it."

I'm now having an existential crisis and reflecting on my life choices.  It's like when an ex of mine admitted she'd never heard of Pearl Jam in a bar.  The bartender/I exchanged a look.  2 weeks later I was single again.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

Would depend on album cycles. The Chroma project is still fairly new so I'd expect Bicep on Other 2027

Given its over 6 months since they tweeted the pic with album 3 demos I'd be surprised if there next album was not out before next Glastonbury.  

Chroma has been around for 2 and a bit years its cycle must be ending soon

Screenshot_20240717-141626_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ben7amin_

12 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I fell down a Nick Cave Spotify hole yesterday after the chat here.

Mrs 4AM "Who's this?"

Me: "Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds"

M4AM "He can't sing" (it was Shipyard Song)

Me: " He can.  Just has a unique voice.  Plus it's about the lyricism, emotion and music, not the voice."

Pause

M4AM: "Can you turn it off.  I don't like it."

I'm now having an existential crisis and reflecting on my life choices.  It's like when an ex of mine admitted she'd never heard of Pearl Jam in a bar.  The bartender/I exchanged a look.  2 weeks later I was single again.

Tsk. Can you tell her Balti-pie from the internet has tsked at her? 

39 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Given its over 6 months since they tweeted the pic with album 3 demos I'd be surprised if there next album was not out before next Glastonbury.  

Chroma has been around for 2 and a bit years its cycle must be ending soon

Screenshot_20240717-141626_Chrome.jpg

Chroma was debuted at the last Printworks May 2023 I think. They were still touring Isles last August. I'm all for Bicep LP 3 and a headline Other gig but the boys have toured excessively. I'd imagine they'd want to build some suspense into the new album......although I hope you're right and I'm wrong!!!