2025 Headliners

3 hours ago, OddRon said:

Not sure if anyone else has suggested this, but could they just fully be the legend slot? I know they’re not as big as recent ones but within the UK they’d fit the bill and recent legends have proven that they don't need to be that old. I think legend slot is more likely than sub or headliner. Jarvis has been a friend of the festival and legend slot would be a great send off if this is the last proper tour.  

INABS 

53 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Fred has just posted that he’s finished his album. 

What odds are the bookies offering on him right now?! 

"Hey AI, make me a a generic EDM album I can pass on to the paymasters. Nah. Not arsed if it's any good, I can put out any old shite and people will say it's great"

5 hours ago, OddRon said:

Not sure if anyone else has suggested this, but could they just fully be the legend slot? I know they’re not as big as recent ones but within the UK they’d fit the bill and recent legends have proven that they don't need to be that old. I think legend slot is more likely than sub or headliner. Jarvis has been a friend of the festival and legend slot would be a great send off if this is the last proper tour.  

Makes sense to me. Shania proved you only need three recognisable songs at best to get the job so Pulp will be fine. 

3 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

What’s the situation on Springsteen? Think it’s been mentioned but cba going back through the thread 🤷🏼‍♂️

A date elsewhere doesn't technically rule him out, but indicates strongly that he's not playing as the shows would come too close together compared to his normal schedule these days.

7 hours ago, Superscally said:

"Hey AI, make me a a generic EDM album I can pass on to the paymasters. Nah. Not arsed if it's any good, I can put out any old shite and people will say it's great"

See you down the front, taps aff 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

What’s the situation on Springsteen? Think it’s been mentioned but cba going back through the thread 🤷🏼‍♂️

He’s got a gig on the Monday and has at least two days between shows these days, so could only do the Friday. Not totally ruled out, but pretty unlikely I think. 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Something for everyone, as long as ACDC don't demand the emptying of the Eavii accounts.

Which they absolutely would.  And insist on their own stage set up.  Not happening.

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

Which they absolutely would.  And insist on their own stage set up.  Not happening.

I know they had their own stage at Download, but I don't think that would apply here. Surely if you're headlining Glastonbury, then doing it on anything other than the Pyramid Stage the whole thing is devalued slightly.

What they might do though is insist on a ridiculous amount of changeover time to get things how they want it - like 2 or 3 hours or so which no act should be allowed (I already feel like the increase to a full hour was too long).

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Fred Again / Olivia Rodrigo / Somebody born before 1993

Yip.

Contenders are:

Lady Gaga if she's back in action

Liam

Green Day

Outside chance of The Boss...

Possibly The Final Ever Pulp Show

Who else?

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yip.

Contenders are:

Liam

Green Day

Who else?

Rihanna?

Apparently she's got two albums worth of music waiting to come out and tour in 2024-25. Plus she was signed on before.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yip.

Contenders are:

Liam

Green Day

Who else?

Eminem I guess 

Is the consensus that there was some substance to the Eminem rumours this time? If so seems like they're possibly trying to lock in the final piece having secured the first two - Rodrigo and Fred? I'd be elsewhere for Mr Mathers but Gaga though would be one for the ages (can't see it unfortunately).