Personally I reckon it’s some sort of combo of the following:

Eminem

Olivia Rodrigo

Lady Gaga

Stevie Wonder

Fred Again

Sam Fender

Dave

The combo of which 3 I think depends on variables like how desperate EE is for a female weighted line up (we’re definitely getting one headliner, just whether it will be two). And how much they saved on the Lipa, Coldplay, SZA combo this year. 

Obviously there’s certain artists there where we’re not getting both (it won’t be Dave & Fender or Dave & Eminem for obvious reasons).

Does anyone know when O-Rod’s tour finishes, or has it already, because if it’s running till December I could see her doing Glasto but if it finishes say next month then she may be too busy in the studio by next June.

My best guess right now is:

Fri: Sam/Fred

Sat: Gaga

Sun: Eminem

Why does Gaga keeps on being mentioned here? 

21 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Which they absolutely would.  And insist on their own stage set up.  Not happening.

To be fair, their current staging is not too divorced from the current Pyramid. That may not rule em out, but if anything they'll do Download. Zero chance of Glasto. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bit of a platinum booking if they can get her.  In a world where the likes of Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, Taylor Swift and Madonna are unavailable, she's about the next best choice.

And she’d put on a better show than any of them 

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

To be fair, their current staging is not too divorced from the current Pyramid. That may not rule em out, but if anything they'll do Download. Zero chance of Glasto. 

Didn't Download allow AC/DC to bring along their own stage just for themselves?

Saying that they also did Coachella and pretty sure they had to stick to the same stage as others there.

47 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Still think Fred, Olivia and Sam Fender is a very possible trio.

At some stage the line ups will be more like this I think.

Fewer and fewer heritage acts available.

Still think we’ve got a chance of a Stevie W, Gaga or some other American megastar this year. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The heritage acts will still be there - it's just that instead of the likes of Macca they'll be Radiohead, Blur and Arctic Monkeys

True. I’m just not prepared to put myself in the heritage bracket yet.

* Cries in 40s * 

was bored so I had a go

PYRAMID

Fri: Fred Again...

Sat: Olivia Rodrigo

Sun: Sam Fender

legend: Stevie Nicks

OTHER

Fri: Foals

Sat: Charli XCX

Sun: Pulp

WEST HOLTS

Fri: Melanie C

Sat: Chaka Khan

Sun: Bicep

PARK

Fri: Laura Marling

Sat: KI/KI

Sun: The XX

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

At some stage the line ups will be more like this I think.

Fewer and fewer heritage acts available.

Still think we’ve got a chance of a Stevie W, Gaga or some other American megastar this year. 

Of course we have a chance of it, Gaga would be great. I'm not sure if Stevie said no last year why he would say yes this year when that particular 3 acts is where the festival is going. I don't think two female acts will be booked to headline this year. I personally see them going back to one Female with two male acts and then looking at it more after the fallow.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The heritage acts will still be there - it's just that instead of the likes of Macca they'll be Radiohead, Blur and Arctic Monkeys

At this point I don't think Arctics should ever be booked to headline again. I also don't think Blur will headline again. Damon coming out for BBC says he's still interested enough in the festival but I think for him it is done. 

12 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Why does Gaga keeps on being mentioned here? 

She’s still A List and can sell out stadiums, and is respected in the industry.

Meant to be new music coming later this year and has never headlined and would have a catalogue of hits!  

That’s why I (and I presume most) have mentioned her name.

On 7/19/2024 at 6:26 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Not sure the finances carry over like that year to year . ? Wouldn’t have thought they’d save money one year just to blow budgets the following year … might be wrong though

I didn’t mean to suggest it as blowing budgets. But I imagine they go into booking each year with an idea of the next few years. They would have booked 2024 knowing 2026 would be a fallow year and so they’d want a big 2025. 

And as it seems Madge pulled out quite late in the day and they bumped up SZA, on top of already saving on Coldplay and Dua, then we can just assume that if they wanted two artists that demand big bucks, the money might just be there 🙂

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Didn't Download allow AC/DC to bring along their own stage just for themselves?

Saying that they also did Coachella and pretty sure they had to stick to the same stage as others there.

They did, but that's what I'm saying. Staging is NOT the barrier to DC playing Glasto.

9 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

was bored so I had a go

PYRAMID

Fri: Fred Again...

Sat: Olivia Rodrigo

Sun: Sam Fender

legend: Stevie Nicks

OTHER

Fri: Foals

Sat: Charli XCX

Sun: Pulp

WEST HOLTS

Fri: Melanie C

Sat: Chaka Khan

Sun: Bicep

PARK

Fri: Laura Marling

Sat: KI/KI

Sun: The XX

Even putting Pulp in the same sentence as Foals and Charli XCX, nope! It would be a very bad move booking Pulp for their last ever show potentially, at a festival at least against giving Fender the bump up because they will get a bigger crowd without a doubt. And Pulp have not missed Glastonbury this year to do it next year on the other stage, they aren't that niche. The other stage headline spots are generally niche bookings. Even if you only mainly know Common People, Do you remember the first time?, Razzmatazz and Disco 2000, it's probably still more than most know of QOTSA, The National, IDLES and Disclosure from people who aren't into them. 

I'm also not sure why Mel C would be WHs, she doesn't have WHs vibes at all. The XX would take that Pulp slot.

11 hours ago, northernangel said:

Even putting Pulp in the same sentence as Foals and Charli XCX, nope! It would be a very bad move booking Pulp for their last ever show potentially, at a festival at least against giving Fender the bump up because they will get a bigger crowd without a doubt. And Pulp have not missed Glastonbury this year to do it next year on the other stage, they aren't that niche. The other stage headline spots are generally niche bookings. Even if you only mainly know Common People, Do you remember the first time?, Razzmatazz and Disco 2000, it's probably still more than most know of QOTSA, The National, IDLES and Disclosure from people who aren't into them. 

I'm also not sure why Mel C would be WHs, she doesn't have WHs vibes at all. The XX would take that Pulp slot.

The headliners on the second biggest stage at the biggest festival in the UK tend to be niche acts?