2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blackpink apparently touring next year 

https://x.com/PopBase/status/1815040968782999606?t=If2bnWUBp7WIXXVzllGy-A&s=19

However, given the turnout for Seventeen I'd guess the festival may hedge their bets on this.

I thought more would turn up to Seventeen just out of cultural curiosity.

15 hours ago, northernangel said:

Even putting Pulp in the same sentence as Foals and Charli XCX, nope! It would be a very bad move booking Pulp for their last ever show potentially, at a festival at least against giving Fender the bump up because they will get a bigger crowd without a doubt. And Pulp have not missed Glastonbury this year to do it next year on the other stage, they aren't that niche. The other stage headline spots are generally niche bookings. Even if you only mainly know Common People, Do you remember the first time?, Razzmatazz and Disco 2000, it's probably still more than most know of QOTSA, The National, IDLES and Disclosure from people who aren't into them. 

I'm also not sure why Mel C would be WHs, she doesn't have WHs vibes at all. The XX would take that Pulp slot.

personally i'd love to see pulp headlining pyramid but fender is probably the bigger artist at this point. and do sugababes have 'west holts vibes'?

On 7/19/2024 at 12:23 PM, adam22 said:

Personally I reckon it’s some sort of combo of the following:

Eminem

Olivia Rodrigo

Lady Gaga

Stevie Wonder

Fred Again

Sam Fender

Dave

The combo of which 3 I think depends on variables like how desperate EE is for a female weighted line up (we’re definitely getting one headliner, just whether it will be two). And how much they saved on the Lipa, Coldplay, SZA combo this year. 

Obviously there’s certain artists there where we’re not getting both (it won’t be Dave & Fender or Dave & Eminem for obvious reasons).

Does anyone know when O-Rod’s tour finishes, or has it already, because if it’s running till December I could see her doing Glasto but if it finishes say next month then she may be too busy in the studio by next June.

My best guess right now is:

Fri: Sam/Fred

Sat: Gaga

Sun: Eminem

O Rod is done in mid october in australia. Zero indication she has any shows booked in 25. And also nothing that says she will do more shows. IF by some chance she is on the Lollapalooza South America editions, then you can say she has a chance to perform.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

O Rod is done in mid october in australia. Zero indication she has any shows booked in 25. And also nothing that says she will do more shows. IF by some chance she is on the Lollapalooza South America editions, then you can say she has a chance to perform.

She has 2 Manchester shows to reschedule, my thinking is that if she already has plans to be back in Europe they will be be arranged for them. 

the fact that they haven’t been cancelled yet, or announced the new dates makes me think she is back next year. 

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

It's not a band slot 😘

Oh yeah, I started trying to think of bands that have been in the slot and couldn't think of any. That never occurred me 😅 but Jarvis is a very prominent focal point of Pulp so maybe they can be the gateway act for bands doing the slot 😂

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Oh yeah, I started trying to think of bands that have been in the slot and couldn't think of any. That never occurred me 😅 but Jarvis is a very prominent focal point of Pulp so maybe they can be the gateway act for bands doing the slot 😂

I'd actually like Jarvis to just be on stage for an hour telling random anecdotes...then finish with Common People 🤣

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Jarvis Cocker's Pulp?

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Jarvis Cocker's Pulp?

Jarvis has, on many occasions whilst on stage, made a point of trying to shift the focus from himself to the band as a whole.

28 minutes ago, incident said:

Jarvis has, on many occasions whilst on stage, made a point of trying to shift the focus from himself to the band as a whole.

Absolutely, it was more of an observation that it can indeed be a band slot with the right name as it was a few years ago. The truth is that at some stage it's going to have to be a band slot. Just a matter of time in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Absolutely, it was more of an observation that it can indeed be a band slot with the right name as it was a few years ago. The truth is that at some stage it's going to have to be a band slot. Just a matter of time in my opinion.

Really don't think that ever happens, and it would be a huge mistake if they ever did go down that path. Remove the personality aspect (which can mean different things, but always boils down to an individual) and it very quickly loses the prestige and becomes just another spot on the bill - I'd much rather that they gave it a year off* rather than compromise in that way.

I don't accept the perceived wisdom that they'll run out of names, simply because the passage of time means it's a constantly moving target. Hell maybe in 30 years time Taylor Swift finally makes her Glastonbury debut at 4pm on the Sunday.

*as happened in 2003 albeit I realise that the slot wasn't nearly as established or iconic at that point.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Really don't think that ever happens, and it would be a huge mistake if they ever did go down that path. Remove the personality aspect (which can mean different things, but always boils down to an individual) and it very quickly loses the prestige and becomes just another spot on the bill - I'd much rather that they gave it a year off* rather than compromise in that way.

I don't accept the perceived wisdom that they'll run out of names, simply because the passage of time means it's a constantly moving target. Hell maybe in 30 years time Taylor Swift finally makes her Glastonbury debut at 4pm on the Sunday.

*as happened in 2003 albeit I realise that the slot wasn't nearly as established or iconic at that point.

For a fee of one billion pounds, after agreeing to a hefty cut on her usual price.

4 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Jarvis Cocker's Pulp?

🤣

2 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Nah. Jeff Lynne's ELO is known as that and is a defacto solo project with his backing band called ELO. Same as Prince and the Revolution, but not the same as Bruce and the E-Street as he has always stressed they are a band and if he does solo stuff, it has been as Bruce Springsteen (sans E-Street). I'm sure Emily has said INABS in interviews before too.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I reckon Duran Duran could easily do it and d@b down this INABS thesis.

That would be wild, boys

18 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s not a band slot … 

14 hours ago, Superscally said:

It's not a band slot 😘

How dumb I am, i thought this was another cryptic clue and not literally what it stood for.

Need to drink less on weekends.

Edited by 1986
typo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The headliners on the second biggest stage at the biggest festival in the UK tend to be niche acts? 

That's been a case for a long time. Doesn't matter about the size, it's the type of act they've booked on a big scale over the years. 

18 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

She has 2 Manchester shows to reschedule, my thinking is that if she already has plans to be back in Europe they will be be arranged for them. 

the fact that they haven’t been cancelled yet, or announced the new dates makes me think she is back next year. 

yeah it can't be cost effective to come over just for 2 shows with that entire touring setup. We were also speculating that perhaps she might do a few extra UK and surrounding area dates to make it worthwhile?

9 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Absolutely this. Just because it hasn’t regularly been a band slot doesn’t mean it hasn’t not be at some point. Duran Duran would be superb for example, as would Pulp.

As a trio of acts, Glastonbury booking Fred, Olivia and Liam to headline ticks all the boxes. I do think they would book Liam to headline if they were of the information that an Oasis reunion wouldn't include Glastonbury.

I don't think Noel really cares and Liam isn't as bothered now his solo has gone well but there is only so far for that to go

23 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I thought more would turn up to Seventeen just out of cultural curiosity.

That is why we turned up. Didn't last long mind, was boy band by numbers which isn't my thing. I did expect a few more there though. Not their audience really I guess.

Did play can you count them all as they danced (walked) around a lot.