2025 Headliners

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seventeen's final song was legitimately a great time and weekend highlight.

Ah, far enough. Had left by then as couldn't stand the rest. Folks at front certainly have a good time

Friday

Py: Tyler, the Creator, Vampire Weekend, Heart

Ot: Charli XCX, Chappell Roan

Saturday

Py: Fred Again..., Glass Animals, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals

Ot: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Libertines

Sunday

Py: Kylie Minogue, Sabrina Carpenter, Paul Weller, Chaka Khan

Ot: Asake, Barry Can't Swim

17 hours ago, fred quimby said:

That is why we turned up. Didn't last long mind, was boy band by numbers which isn't my thing. I did expect a few more there though. Not their audience really I guess.

Did play can you count them all as they danced (walked) around a lot. 

Perhaps it didn't work out because what they're doing is pretty much 90s pop from the US/UK 😅 it didn't exactly come across as Korean tbh. Blaming Tiger on the other hand... 👍🏼

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Perhaps it didn't work out because what they're doing is pretty much 90s pop from the US/UK 😅 it didn't exactly come across as Korean tbh. Blaming Tiger on the other hand... 👍🏼

Yes this.

and totally agree on Balming Tiger

Edited by fred quimby
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Absolutely this. Just because it hasn’t regularly been a band slot doesn’t mean it hasn’t not be at some point. Duran Duran would be superb for example, as would Pulp.

Emily has stated in the past that it isn't a band slot and Duran Duran have said it's headline or nothing for them. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I go back and forth about Eminem headlining but f**k me, it would be a moment to hear this pumping out of the Pyramid. All things considered, I think it would be great.

It would be what folks like to call an “all timer”

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It would be what folks like to call an “all timer”

An all-time low. 

On 7/21/2024 at 1:07 PM, dotdash79 said:

She has 2 Manchester shows to reschedule, my thinking is that if she already has plans to be back in Europe they will be be arranged for them. 

the fact that they haven’t been cancelled yet, or announced the new dates makes me think she is back next year. 

yeah, but I think if she has to hold off on announcing those dates til say, December then youll know if she has festival aspirations in general by that point. 

If Blackpink played Glasto they certainly would not be ok with performing at 2pm after headlining Coachella and selling out a  BST date. So maybe 3rd down at worst.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Presuming they got the whole package - Eminem, Dre and Snoop it would likely be great 

Oooh yeah 3 ageing has-been misogynistic homophobes at the same time?  What a time to be alive. 

• Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Absolutely not. Was brilliant. Unless you turned up expecting to hear half of the Bends in the first 6 songs.

Agreed. Daydreaming at the start wasn't great but that wasn't the fault of the band. After that it was a show and a half. They played f***ing Let Down!

Edited by Acid_Haze
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

yeah, but I think if she has to hold off on announcing those dates til say, December then youll know if she has festival aspirations in general by that point. 

If Blackpink played Glasto they certainly would not be ok with performing at 2pm after headlining Coachella and selling out a  BST date. So maybe 3rd down at worst.

They didn’t get anywhere near selling out BST, it was dead.

1 hour ago, UncleJunior said:

They didn’t get anywhere near selling out BST, it was dead.

They all must have been clustered around me then, I found it very busy. Maybe as their fans are more screamy and fanatic. But then my only reference point last year was Bruce and in the Gold Circle at least that was pretty chill.

8 hours ago, Superscally said:

Emily has stated in the past that it isn't a band slot and Duran Duran have said it's headline or nothing for them. 

I don’t remember Emily saying that and either way, things change. I didn’t say Duran Duran would do it, I know what they said, I just said they would be superb.

54 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I don’t remember Emily saying that and either way, things change. I didn’t say Duran Duran would do it, I know what they said, I just said they would be superb.

They would be...I'd be happy with em as a headliner. 

Emily definitely said that though.