2025 Headliners

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

Radiohead were good, not great. 

The band sounded ace, but those f**king screens man, awful awful awful.

And no Reckoner. 

So 7/10.

It was excellent if you are a casual who only wanted their biggest songs. They played Street Spirit / No Surprises / Nude / 2+2=5 / Paranoid Android / Fake Plastic Trees / Lotus Flower / Creep / Karma Police back to back. Insane run.

But for the fans, it could have had a little bit more deep cuts. 

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

And no Reckoner. 

So 7/10.

I give them 1/10 for being arrogant enough to do what they did with those f**king screens.

Did they get together and come up with a plan to exclude anybody but the front of the field from the show?

Saw them shortly after at Old Trafford and I was up front so could see and it was more like a 10/10

Simon Leon's exact quote was about rhe Pyramid Stage at night - rather than about headlining specifically.  I think it'd be a straightforward conversation to have with them that the Legend Slot is a 4th headliner and the track record of acts who've done it puts Duran Duran in fairly good company.

12 hours ago, Superscally said:

They would be...I'd be happy with em as a headliner. 

Emily definitely said that though. 

I actually wouldn’t mind them getting a crack at headliner. Can’t see it though, unfortunately. Shame as they’ve got the Tunes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

I give them 1/10 for being arrogant enough to do what they did with those f**king screens.

Did they get together and come up with a plan to exclude anybody but the front of the field from the show?

Saw them shortly after at Old Trafford and I was up front so could see and it was more like a 10/10

I wasn’t at Glastonbury in 2017 but went to the TRNSMT show a couple of weeks later and had learned a valuable lesson I.e. got right down the front.

15 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I don’t remember Emily saying that and either way, things change. I didn’t say Duran Duran would do it, I know what they said, I just said they would be superb.

I also don't remember Emily saying that, would be odd to just rule out all bands like that. Didn't the festival always call it the Sunday tea-time slot, so not getting involved in any debate on whether it's "legends", "legend's" or "legends'" (but possibly opening a debate on whether tea-time is when you have your dinner or a hot drink 😂)

6 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

They did the same at Leeds in 2009.

To be honest most headline acts nowadays tend not to display themselves on the screens, but visuals instead.

36 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

They did the same at Leeds in 2009.

To be honest most headline acts nowadays tend not to display themselves on the screens, but visuals instead.

Well someone needs to have a word with them to tell them to stop being so dumb. I don't mind a variation of just a straight up shot of the band, but it's main function is to help the crowd not at the immediate front feel like they're actually at the gig. It isn't for some pretentious visuals.

23 hours ago, nikkic said:

And no Reckoner. 

So 7/10.

Screens didnt matter if you were up front. Also, thats on the festival for having tiny screens anyway. That was pre update which still isnt enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Screens didnt matter if you were up front. Also, thats on the festival for having tiny screens anyway. That was pre update which still isnt enough.

It’s not about that. It’s about how Radiohead use the screens.

Big chance I think of Jack White taking a sub spot or Other headline spot if his ego allows it now. I think other myself will be something along the lines of:

The Prodigy/dance act, Nick Cave...who also could be sub and a female act. I can't see them not going for a female act after everything clearly was moved this year.

Pulp, Jack White and Raye for me could easily be the subs now. I think Liam would close it out with Pulp below Olivia. Jack below Fred and Raye below Liam as it mixes it all up.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Big chance I think of Jack White taking a sub spot or Other headline spot if his ego allows it now. I think other myself will be something along the lines of:

The Prodigy/dance act, Nick Cave...who also could be sub and a female act. I can't see them not going for a female act after everything clearly was moved this year.

Pulp, Jack White and Raye for me could easily be the subs now. I think Liam would close it out with Pulp below Olivia. Jack below Fred and Raye below Liam as it mixes it all up.

The 'female' headlining Other is probably Charli XCX

21 minutes ago, EthelBailey said:

I did see yesterday Rihanna was photographed entering a recording studio in NYC. Shows she’s active in recording ‘something’ at least… 

Forgot about her too and Gaga.

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

The 'female' headlining Other is probably Charli XCX

Could well be, I couldn't think. I don't know if she's at that level yet but Charli XCX, The Prodigy and Nick Cave works.

I would at this point probably book Jack White, VW and Pulp as subs but they won't.

I just think there will be a female headlining other option. They won't want to divert twice but they also need to listen this year to what the market is saying, not just their heads.

I know you didn't call it out but I will just make it clear here, mentioning a female option does not mean saying female is a genre. It's basically taking on the point that Emily will want to have female representation in there. 

On 7/24/2024 at 8:29 AM, matrainertje said:

It was excellent if you are a casual who only wanted their biggest songs. They played Street Spirit / No Surprises / Nude / 2+2=5 / Paranoid Android / Fake Plastic Trees / Lotus Flower / Creep / Karma Police back to back. Insane run.

Definitely ... if you made it through the first 16 songs. I'm sure many wouldn't have.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:02 PM, MEGABOWL said:

It’s not about that. It’s about how Radiohead use the screens.

I know. Which is why it didnt matter to me when I watched them lol. Its not my fault you were in the back. 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

Forgot about her too and Gaga.

Could well be, I couldn't think. I don't know if she's at that level yet but Charli XCX, The Prodigy and Nick Cave works.

I would at this point probably book Jack White, VW and Pulp as subs but they won't.

I just think there will be a female headlining other option. They won't want to divert twice but they also need to listen this year to what the market is saying, not just their heads.

I know you didn't call it out but I will just make it clear here, mentioning a female option does not mean saying female is a genre. It's basically taking on the point that Emily will want to have female representation in there. 

there was gonna be a female vs female Friday night with Sza vs Dua already before Madge said no. Charli doing it would be perfectly fine on Other and she is at that level. Cause you cant think somebody isnt on a "level" if they dont get placed there to begin with. She headlined Woodsies in 22 so next time it will have to be a bigger stage. I think most people assume "female = pop" which is certainly not always the case. 

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

there was gonna be a female vs female Friday night with Sza vs Dua already before Madge said no. Charli doing it would be perfectly fine on Other and she is at that level. Cause you cant think somebody isnt on a "level" if they dont get placed there to begin with. She headlined Woodsies in 22 so next time it will have to be a bigger stage. I think most people assume "female = pop" which is certainly not always the case. 

I don't presume that at all. I wasn't saying she couldn't, I just don't know her size. And yes, though I think Dua Lipa and SZA are such different acts it wouldn't matter....the latter wasn't pulling a crowd regardless.