2025 Headliners

Yes shes having a comeback Id love to see her.

ive just got back from Bruce just bloody amazing I wonder if he will make it back to the farm. I meant not for three hours,, please god 😃

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Olshansky said:

as a fan who loves the deep cuts, i still loved 2017.  Radiohead almost never plays a set of hits so it was kind of an obscurity in that.  I was up close, so I didnt have an issue with the screens 

Can easily see Nick Cave headlining the Other stage.  

Can easily see the legend slot going to Alanis.  

On the Pyramid I can see Olivia Rodrigo, Dave & either a Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen type.  

Alanis isn't going to get the Legend slot but she could play 3rd/4th down any day really.

20 hours ago, incident said:

Just taken a look - probably also worth mentioning that:

- That poster reckons that "money talks" and that Muse were paid £1 million to headline Glastonbury (which we know to be bollocks).

- On the same thread, there's strong rumours of Gothenburg dates at the end of June, which if correct would remove any availability.

Depends how end of June that is. I wouldn't be shocked to see Pulp, Jack White and VW take Pyramid subs slot.

Fred

Jack White

Liam

Pulp

Olivia

VW

Charli XCX

The Prodigy/alternative dance act

Nick Cave

I can see Charli potentially swapping with VW to add more female representation on the Pyramid but they will also want it present on Other. Jack if he allowed his ego could headline Other for Charli to go sub. I live Jack but I would be a bit split between him and checking Fred out. 

9 hours ago, plaskins said:

Get pulp and blur playing too and I'd be in heaven. Probably not current enough / fit into the white guitar guy thing for it to happen though lol

The white guitar thing is no longer a thing. They attempted to book Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Madonna this year. They also made attempts seemingly for Stevie Wonder, Stevie Nicks and got SZA. Emily very much massively wanted to step away from the white guitar brigade. Look at the subs, an electronic act alongside two artists of rapper and afro/Reggae genre.

55 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The white guitar thing is no longer a thing. They attempted to book Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Madonna this year. They also made attempts seemingly for Stevie Wonder, Stevie Nicks and got SZA. Emily very much massively wanted to step away from the white guitar brigade. Look at the subs, an electronic act alongside two artists of rapper and afro/Reggae genre.

Good 

May it long remain so 

10 hours ago, plaskins said:

Would love that. Probably know all the words from jagged little pill

I went to see her in Glasgow a couple of years ago on the Covid-delayed 25th anniversary of JLP tour and it was an excellent night. That album was huge.

On 7/23/2024 at 12:13 PM, kalifire said:

I go back and forth about Eminem headlining but f**k me, it would be a moment to hear this pumping out of the Pyramid. All things considered, I think it would be great.

Or this 

I thought he was miming at first, he was that good... Until the intonation was a bit off around the MTS line. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 7:06 PM, angelin said:

Could Alanis Morrissette be somewhere on the pyramid?

could easily put her on the legend slot. Has enough big songs that nobody could argue otherwise. Just saw her last week and she did an 85 min  headline set with an encore thrown in there so she just has to cut a couple songs and the encore break to fit into 75 mins.

IMG_1879.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

could easily put her on the legend slot. Has enough big songs that nobody could argue otherwise. 

This is what I'm saying. 

Jagged Little Pill is #13 on the list of best selling albums of all time, sandwiched right between Michael Jackson and Celine Dion. I'm not a massive fan or anything, but the draw would be large and she's clearly in a resurgence in popularity.  (And apparently still has the pipes, too)

On 7/26/2024 at 9:41 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

Bruce sold considerably more tickets

Yes, it's an interesting lesson for me that busyness can be about behaviour as well as numbers. The behaviour of young, emotionally invested young 'uns who don't see their favourite k-pop acts touting Europe very often can make an event very different from middle agers who could see Bruce every year if they were flush enough and so inclined.

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Good 

May it long remain so 

I disagree in some ways but you are fine to have that view. Comes down a lot to what you like.

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Or this 

I thought he was miming at first, he was that good... Until the intonation was a bit off around the MTS line. 

As Dre says himself, it is Black music....in my words (that genre largely is), but a white man does it better than the rest. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

could easily put her on the legend slot. Has enough big songs that nobody could argue otherwise. Just saw her last week and she did an 85 min  headline set with an encore thrown in there so she just has to cut a couple songs and the encore break to fit into 75 mins.

IMG_1879.jpeg

She's not going to be the Legend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

IMG_1879.jpeg

That's such a good setlist. Would love her to play, we had to sell our tickets to the JLP tour as it was rescheduled over Glastonbury week. Saw her do a short set at V Fest in 08 but always wanted to see a longer set. 

Fred again.. 

Vampire Weekend

Alanis Morissette 

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Olivia Rodrigo 

Pulp

Phoebe Bridgers

The Prodigy 

Eminem 

Raye 

Sabrina Carpenter 

Girls Aloud (Teatime slot) 

Charli xcx

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Fred again.. 

Vampire Weekend

Alanis Morissette 

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Olivia Rodrigo 

Pulp

Phoebe Bridgers

The Prodigy 

Eminem 

Raye 

Sabrina Carpenter 

Girls Aloud (Teatime slot) 

Charli xcx

I love Phoebe Briggers - and gutted I missed her last time she was in the UK - But as far as im aware she is currently taking a long hiatus away from music. I think it will be a while till she is back at Glastonbury 

33 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

If Shania Twain can be a Legend based on commercial success in the 90's, then so can Alanis.

that's my argument anyway.  Would still rather Annie Lennox but it probably isn't gonna be her either 

On 7/28/2024 at 8:35 AM, northernangel said:

Alanis isn't going to get the Legend slot but she could play 3rd/4th down any day really.

4th down on Sunday afternoon

On 7/28/2024 at 6:43 PM, northernangel said:

She's not going to be the Legend.

Great point mate, really adds a lot to the conversation.

• Upvote 1

I think Billy Joel might be too big for the legend spot, but I also don't reallly know how that spot works.

Also, I'd love to know why it's so definite that Alanis wouldn't do it. She seems like a decent fit to me.

• Upvote 1