2025 Headliners

I think i'd consider seeing a bit of Alanis, and i typically avoid that spot like the plague - ive been twice in the ten festivals ive been there (dolly and ELO, in case you're wondering, and both very enjoyable) 

20 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think Billy Joel might be too big for the legend spot, but I also don't reallly know how that spot works.

Not just too big, but would also feel like a waste of a performer who could do so much more with a longer headline slot.

23 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Also, I'd love to know why it's so definite that Alanis wouldn't do it. She seems like a decent fit to me.

It's all subjective of course, but she does feel just a bit too close to contemporary for me - and I say that being well aware that on paper she can be argued to be pretty similar to Shania Twain - both started their career around the same time, both had the bulk of their success around the same time, both releasing new material to this day.

But in a way that I can't quite put into words, it feels like Alanis is somehow more of a musician releasing and touring new material, whereas Shania is more of a nostalgia based act. Even if that doesn't make sense just based on stats or whatever.

On 7/29/2024 at 2:00 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

I love Phoebe Briggers - and gutted I missed her last time she was in the UK - But as far as im aware she is currently taking a long hiatus away from music. I think it will be a while till she is back at Glastonbury 

I thought it was Boygenius taking a hiatus to allow the girls to focus on their solo / other projects.

25 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I thought it was Boygenius taking a hiatus to allow the girls to focus on their solo / other projects.

Both In Phoebe's case - the other two may release stuff in the interim. She said she wants to "disappear from public life" for a bit 

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

If the festival has the options to book Alanis for legend slot they should go for it,   As we know its not exactly a bottomless pool of acts they have access to book, If they get the chance they should take it. 

Bang on this to be honest.

I'm sure they talk to a few legend acts hoping at least one is up for it - if she wants to do it then she definitely should. She can come back and do it again in 10 years if she wishes too!

• Like 1

Would love to see Alanis there in some capacity especially as the only time I had tickets for her it was rescheduled for during Glastonbury so I missed out on seeing her so come on Glastonbury you owe me 😘

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

Doesn't have to be a lot does it?, indont think she's for the Legend slot so that is my opinion.

Agreed. She’d be a brilliant booking but not sure she’s a Legend slot act.

10 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

He is, of course, but not in that modern trendy way that people seem to go for now. The legends seem to have to have a certain amount of cheesiness alongside the cool.

Not this year maybe but they will run out of appropriate Legend solo artists. Their best bet for next year is to try grab Robbie. I'm not sure he won't want to headline though. I think Girls Aloud are a big shout but I wouldn't put them as Legends but the 3rd down slot. I think they fit that Miley slot perfectly.

9 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Not this year maybe but they will run out of appropriate Legend solo artists. Their best bet for next year is to try grab Robbie.

The quickest way of running out of appropriate artists is to book acts sooner than they need to, with RW being a prime example of this.

To be blunt about it - within the available options they should be aiming for the older end of the range each year, as those are the people who are less likely to be available again in the future. It'd be a travesty if they booked 90s & 00s acts (RW, Bryan Adams, etc) for the next few festivals and in the process (permanently) missed out on the likes of Don Henley, Chaka Khan, Cher, Daryl Hall, Stevie Nicks, Annie Lennox who are all currently "active" but probably won't be 10 years from now.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, incident said:

The quickest way of running out of appropriate artists is to book acts sooner than they need to, with RW being a prime example of this.

To be blunt about it - within the available options they should be aiming for the older end of the range each year, as those are the people who are less likely to be available again in the future. It'd be a travesty if they booked 90s & 00s acts (RW, Bryan Adams, etc) for the next few festivals and in the process (permanently) missed out on the likes of Don Henley, Chaka Khan, Cher, Daryl Hall, Stevie Nicks, Annie Lennox who are all currently "active" but probably won't be 10 years from now.

Annie is my white whale for that spot. Seems unlikely as she isn’t touring but she’s said she’s happy doing the odd one-off especially if there’s charity involved so you just never know. Suspect cash might be an issue with Nicks and Henley. I agree though they should only be going after 90s acts if that lot (and Manilow, Duran Duran) aren’t available.

14 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Well aboard the Manilow bus tbf. Surprising amount of bangers if you look at his setlists, and just the right hint of cheese and self awareness. 

We saw him a couple of years ago; I’d seen the setlist and convinced myself I knew about a third of the songs - turned out I knew most of them. Fantastic set, such a shame he seems reluctant to do Glasto - it could be an all-timer.

• Upvote 1