2025 Headliners

19 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

Don't want to put a dampener on the Manilow suggestion but weren't his dates at the Palladium last month his last ever UK shows? 

i think they were billed as 'last tour' - there's always round these sorts of things, if there needs to be

ah, here we go: the phrasing is specific as last full concerts, so standalone festival shows could easily fall out of that description. And he has the setlists and show ready and waiting from a Vegas residency, so its just popping over and doing it here.

'The singer took to Instagram to share the list of dates for his 'Last, Last UK concerts', telling his fans: 'In 1978, The London Palladium is where I began my love affair with the British public. These shows will be my last full concerts in Britain and I wanted to end where I began – at the London Palladium.'

sorted then, i'll tell the Eavae

Edited by balti-pie

could see Alanis playing straight after the Legend Slot, similar to Blondie after Cat Stevens or Miley Cyrus after Kylie (or Ed Sheeran after Dolly Parton way back!). A potentially big crowd and a little better than a normal slot

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

Don't want to put a dampener on the Manilow suggestion but weren't his dates at the Palladium last month his last ever UK shows? 

Hold on a minute! Let me get this straight, are people seriously suggesting Barry Manilow?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Hold on a minute! Let me get this straight, are people seriously suggesting Barry Manilow?

f**k yeah. Itd be a right laugh. Absolutely nobody can deny the bangers of epic proportions he has: Copacabana, Cant smile without you, and i'd have thought you'd be all over a bit of Mandy, Skip  😆☺️

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

f**k yeah. Itd be a right laugh. Absolutely nobody can deny the bangers of epic proportions he has: Copacabana, Cant smile without you, and i'd have thought you'd be all over a bit of Mandy, Skip  😆☺️

It would literally end up with me doing time, but may be worth it 

8 hours ago, incident said:

The quickest way of running out of appropriate artists is to book acts sooner than they need to, with RW being a prime example of this.

To be blunt about it - within the available options they should be aiming for the older end of the range each year, as those are the people who are less likely to be available again in the future. It'd be a travesty if they booked 90s & 00s acts (RW, Bryan Adams, etc) for the next few festivals and in the process (permanently) missed out on the likes of Don Henley, Chaka Khan, Cher, Daryl Hall, Stevie Nicks, Annie Lennox who are all currently "active" but probably won't be 10 years from now.

Yes and frankly, it may just be better to have years without a Legend booking, so that the slot doesn't become devalued.

• Upvote 1

I mean yeah there does come a point where some of the suggestions are just acts that could appear at almost any other slot on the bill e.g. when acts like James get mooted it becomes pointless.

That said, whilst the bench isn't that deep - and how much the festival are willing to spend to book the slot is a complete unknown - there are still enough quality contenders that it doesn't need to be knocked on its head for a good while yet.

20 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

O-Rod still not rescheduled cancelled Manchester gigs.

I think if/when these are arranged for might be interesting info on the headliner convo

Discussing headliners in the headliners thread? That would be novel…

On 7/28/2024 at 10:43 AM, northernangel said:

I disagree in some ways but you are fine to have that view. Comes down a lot to what you like.

As Dre says himself, it is Black music....in my words (that genre largely is), but a white man does it better than the rest. 

She's not going to be the Legend.

And people didnt think Shania was even viable yet here we are. Sorry, but you cant keep propping up 75 year olds. Kylie and Shania clearly show a diff path to that slot and 50 is the new number now. 

Alanis can def still sing about as well as she did 30 hears ago so you will not have anyone saying they should take her off the stage.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And people didnt think Shania was even viable yet here we are. Sorry, but you cant keep propping up 75 year olds. Kylie and Shania clearly show a diff path to that slot and 50 is the new number now. 

Alanis can def still sing about as well as she did 30 hears ago so you will not have anyone saying they should take her off the stage.

I'm not sure even sure what this is trying to say? I've not said Alanis can't sing. Kylie and Shania are worlds apart. The reason also Shania wasn't announced as a Legend is because it didn't carry the extra legs too and Alanis as great as she may be definitely won't carry them. 

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I'm not sure even sure what this is trying to say? I've not said Alanis can't sing. Kylie and Shania are worlds apart. The reason also Shania wasn't announced as a Legend is because it didn't carry the extra legs too and Alanis as great as she may be definitely won't carry them. 

Narrator: Shania was announced as the Legend.

Screenshot_20240801_084851_Chrome.jpg.7ff959c50bfc914dd1a3f518d2916f21.jpg

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I mean she wasn't announced separately in her own announcement.

OK, then that’s a different discussion. They didn't announce anything until the first poster, no headliners, no Legend, nothing.

So I wouldn't say that had anything to do with how GFL viewed her as an artist. She clearly did have the tunes and packed the field out.

31 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

O-Rod

Eminem

Fred Again

Those three still top the bookies' top odds.

Seems fairly mixed genre wise.

All subjective as always, but if the bookies have it right then it would likely be a pyramid-free year for me. Fred's the only one that would be in with a possible shout, but pretty unlikely tbh.

Just now, Quark said:

All subjective as always, but if the bookies have it right then it would likely be a pyramid-free year for me. Fred's the only one that would be in with a possible shout, but pretty unlikely tbh.

I could be tempted for O Rod but the other 2 would be given a very wide berth.

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

same for me , which would be unheard of 

47 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

O-Rod

Eminem

Fred Again

Those three still top the bookies' top odds.

Seems fairly mixed genre wise.

Can you point us towards the odds? I can't find anyone currently offering any.

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

As a general rule of thumb, if the bookies are indeed offering actual odds then by definition there's very little chance they have all 3 names right. Historically it holds true that as soon as an act starts attracting a flurry of bets (ie there's people with knowledge looking to take free money off the bookies), then the act gets quietly removed from the list.