2025 Headliners

She's playing the academies next month (after being upgraded from club venues due to demand) and at this point she could announce a tour of the arenas and probably sell them out due to the likely demand.

The idea of her headlining one day isn't ludicrous, but it wouldn't be this side of the fallow year 

I'll be honest. The only reason that Chappell is on my radar today is because of the wrestling gimmick. Think this is the first time a biggish name has completely passed me by. The old test of age is beginning to falter 

14 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Could Emily take a punt on Chappell? Cause thats 100,000+ in that field right now.  Easily will have to sub and no way in hell could she be on Other cause the crowd would still be bad

IMG_2116.jpeg

Chappell Roan was at the festival this year, I saw a picture of her with Dua backstage on Twitter. 

Red wine supernova is one of the best pop songs ever, up there with biology by girls aloud. 

At this point if there's a festival booker at a mainstream event who hasn't got Chappell Roan's agent on speed dial they're not doing their job properly. She's a genuine phenomenon. Don't think there's any way she'd headline the Pyramid next year, but I could see her getting a bigger crowd than most of the people who do.

32 minutes ago, Looother said:

At this point if there's a festival booker at a mainstream event who hasn't got Chappell Roan's agent on speed dial they're not doing their job properly. She's a genuine Femininomenon. Don't think there's any way she'd headline the Pyramid next year, but I could see her getting a bigger crowd than most of the people who do.

FTFY. 😉 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's got very big very quickly. It's not like she's been in anyone's radar longer than about 6 months.

Last year  album release announce for me which was around now.  The crazy thing is that Pink Pony Club was released at essentially the worst time you could imagine. April of 2020. Nobody f**king noticed. And didnt do any proper shows til 2022 and then did 1 support tour before doing her own headline ones.

biggest travesty is that the label didnt have any trust on this release and she had to finance the vinyl production herself which made it hard to find and expensive. Now the label is producing all they can and overcharging because everyone foesnt care and will pay £50 for a record.

Edited by Suprefan

I think Chappell Roan would be a great booking for Pyramid sub, I'd say that the trajectory of her career places her to be huge by next summer but she doesn't have enough of a catalogue to warrant a headline slot.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spindles said:

I think Chappell Roan would be a great booking for Pyramid sub, I'd say that the trajectory of her career places her to be huge by next summer but she doesn't have enough of a catalogue to warrant a headline slot.

She's not the worst to be honest. She's not going to headline but she just reminds me of Sabrina coming on the scene and will go in that same trajectory.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

She's not the worst to be honest. She's not going to headline but she just reminds me of Sabrina coming on the scene and will go in that same trajectory.

She's got more about her than Sabrina imo, the tunes are better too.

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Lol not a chance in a million years

Well everyone is all sensitive about crowd size now because they dont like the notion of a small crowd at a headliner for some reason. I thought Glasto punters didnt care about those optics but I guess not.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Well everyone is all sensitive about crowd size now because they dont like the notion of a small crowd at a headliner for some reason. I thought Glasto punters didnt care about those optics but I guess not.

There's a difference between a small crowd (a la Guns n Roses) and a headliner that leaves the Pyramid arena deserted and causes a load of people to leave the festival early, as happened this year with Sza

On 7/31/2024 at 7:10 AM, northernangel said:

Not this year maybe but they will run out of appropriate Legend solo artists. Their best bet for next year is to try grab Robbie. I'm not sure he won't want to headline though. I think Girls Aloud are a big shout but I wouldn't put them as Legends but the 3rd down slot. I think they fit that Miley slot perfectly.

I think I've heard Robbie say he'd "smash" the legends slot.

10 hours ago, tigger123 said:

There's a difference between a small crowd (a la Guns n Roses) and a headliner that leaves the Pyramid arena deserted and causes a load of people to leave the festival early, as happened this year with Sza

Yep. And the Boss wouldn't get a small crowd either way, regardless of who's on beforehand.