2025 Headliners

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Well everyone is all sensitive about crowd size now because they dont like the notion of a small crowd at a headliner for some reason. I thought Glasto punters didnt care about those optics but I guess not.

Bruce wouldn't have a small crowd. It would be huge.

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Well everyone is all sensitive about crowd size now because they dont like the notion of a small crowd at a headliner for some reason. I thought Glasto punters didnt care about those optics but I guess not.

I love it when people argue with voices from the ether

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Is anywhere currently taking bets? Struggling to find anywhere

Nope, doesn't seem like it currently.

Though that's not stopping bookies issuing press releases / clickbait sites putting out articles about the "odds".

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Yeah, hadn't tried that one...

Excellent. Can't beat a bit of sarcasm. Well done you. I Actually tried it myself right after I read your post and the first site that came up was William Hill. Weirdly I just checked again and it says there's no odds available now. That will teach me for trying to help.

17 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Excellent. Can't beat a bit of sarcasm. Well done you. I Actually tried it myself right after I read your post and the first site that came up was William Hill. Weirdly I just checked again and it says there's no odds available now. That will teach me for trying to help.

Haha, only messing. That was the first thing I tried!

Yeah William Hill definitely were, now nothing. Odd

On 8/1/2024 at 2:03 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

This is why Oasis are always in the list of likely headliners lol - some people must have thown away quite a lot of cash on them headlining over the years

Including the people, who paid for a ticket to see them last time they headlined LOL

20 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Including the people, who paid for a ticket to see them last time they headlined LOL

That was in 2004 for Glasto, right?

You'd like to think if you'd saved up every year for 20+ years that you might be able to afford the ticket price. Definitely maybe.

Edited by charlierc

On 8/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, Suprefan said:

Could Emily take a punt on Chappell? Cause thats 100,000+ in that field right now.  Easily will have to sub and no way in hell could she be on Other cause the crowd would still be bad

IMG_2116.jpeg

They'll still put her on the Other Stage at 6pm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Activity

• “the last really big legendary American acts they haven’t had” and “the two biggest American gets the festival can feasibly achieve” are clearly two totally different things. Hence my questioning.   The Eagles would pull a massive crowd, that ain’t why they’re not playing.   The idea of The Weeknd not having the same level of stardom as Gaga is laughable, and I’m a massive Gaga fan.   And let’s not even start on where AC/DC come from…
    • Kendrick doing Superbowl halftime show next year, if he drops a new album next year do we think he could headline again ? 
    • The post said they haven’t spoken to Taylor since the cancellation… do t k ow how Emily would be confident they’ve got her on board if they haven’t spoken to her.
    • Come back into work which has been maniacally busy so the first chance I've gotten.   My 5th End of the Road - and by some distance the best. The music programming was absolutely stellar - I was exhausted, the most bands I've ever seen there. I've complained in recent times that the festival has felt a little worn down and shabby; not so this year. The energy was amazing, it felt like a rebirth of sorts. Maybe it's just cos so many acts cancelled each day at Primavera Porto that not even the cancellations fazed me, and I felt the festival navigated them superbly.   The Good:   I mean this could go on forever!   Vibes, audience, energy artists, all on point We arrive in campervan on Friday morning. Arrived, set up, cans, then MRCY and Sextile really got out energy up Hot Wax were good fun CMAT - wow! Was telling everyone we saw her open the Garden Stage a few years ago was super funny to hear her then recount events from that. Smashed it. Superstar Was gutted Mdou Moctar cancelled but it solved a 3 way clash, that meant I could enjoy Gurriers and Sprints. The future is Irish. Both killed it, Sprints particularly felt very special After a few hours of being shouted at, I had to miss Lankum. Not a huge fan of IDLES as Ive said (I'm so petty, but I'm like lolo you can't even bring yourself to say Free Palestine in English) but they smashed that. Very enjoyable, even as a neutral Heartworms were great but slightly ruined the amount of talkers who were squatting for Sextile and Sprints   Waking on Saturday morning and finding out the ??? was Julia Jacklin. We basically ran in our PJs. What a surprise, fantastic set.  Sanam were a bit of a mind melt but my wife loved it and got a t shirt We were confused walking into Palehound thinking we had the wrong stage but once accustomed it to being a one person show, they crushed it I was a bit disappointed by how little actual vocals Master Peace did, but we were down the front and having a blast and my mates told me to stop being a pedant and enjoy myself Jockstrap were a blast My mates weren't into Billy Woods but I loved it, so proper hip hop Slowdive were absolutely majestic   Saturday took its toll (in bad) so Sunday began with Florence Adoomi. I actually went on holiday to Ghana last October and a driver we had for the day basically spent the whole trip giving a me a lecture on the history of High Life & Hip Life so this was a proper blast  I planned to leave Slift halfway through to go to NoL. 5 minutes in I was going nowhere. Honestly, I'm still stuck in the wormhole they put us in. What an experience. Luckily EOTR being what it is, we basically got to the front for NoL's second half without even having to push. Saw them at Porto last year and have loved them since, but they're really elevating the stage show now, the lighting looked like a movie Water From Your Eyes - saw them at Porto where I went for a bit and stayed the whole time cos it was mesmeric. This wasn;t quite as good but it's still an exhilarating experience  Lambrini Girls is a subtley free zone and I'm here for it   Otherwise, loved pints "only" being £6.5, good food, and getting to share this wonderful festival with my wife for the first time was amazing   Bad: caveat - I had the best time, this is just nitpicking   Food was a bit pricey imo. Jerk Hut was so so so good but I felt a bit jipped by the volume Main stage sound remains crystal clear but just a little too low Had a couple of weird experiences where slightly older men would be talking loudly over the music then be disrespectful to the artist if people told them to be quite. Stuff like "who cares, they're sh*t" etc. Only happened a couple of times, and always 50+ men, but weird none the less People making big piles of bags in the Big Top then getting agg if people walked near. My brother in christ, it is pitch black in here, have some common sense People making a giant queue for the craft bar instead of standing at it like a bar Them not putting having a GF lager on the main bar as they seemed to advertise before the fest meaning my missus had to drink cider The music being so good I didn't have enough time to arse around in the woods Was unable to get into neither Casisdead nor English Teacher Accepting I was exhausted 30 minutes in Jon Talabot, which I was so gassed for, and going to bed to save my Sunday. Arriving on Friday so I had internet access and was sadly the person to break the news to a guy at the water point in the campervan field that Mdou Moctar had cancelled   Ugly:   I'll leave this up for a bit then take it down but a friend of a friend tagging along with us and then pulling a whitey and collapsing right down the front for Floating Points. Thankfully he was fine, a doctor in the crowd started attending him but he woke up immediately like "why are there fingers in my mouth!!!!" but we had to miss Floating Points which was just getting good and he hadn't told us he was doing anything, so when he collapsed at my feet I legit thought he was dead which was a pretty crumby ending all told  
    • Will Rachel Reeves still be chancellor by next election? BET NOW!
  • Featured Products

• Hot Topics

• Latest Tourdates